From the patch notes:
Vital Orb: All four of them spawn at 60s into the game and have a respawn time of 60s. Players need to walk into these to collect them. Vital Orbs provide:
15% Increased movement speed for the player who picked up the Orb for 10s.
15% instant Health and Mana heal for the player and allies within 60 units.
A 1% Health and Mana regeneration per second aura for 10s around the player. This affects all allies within 60 units.

Rant: "Smite is all about teamwork" I've played many assault matches where an uniformed or troll player steals the orb for their own benefit without consideration to any other teammate, not even calling for "group up" I was recently playing a very squishy mage and a troll ran thru and collected all the orbs (4) while I was at 1/16 health and just laughed about it.

That being said and numerous other instances through ignorance or malice, the orbs are NOT a team oriented unless you do one of two things:
1) REMOVE THEM - the purist(s) of vintage assault will love you. -or-
2) Change "15% instant Health and Mana heal for the player and allies within 60 units." to "15% instant Health and Mana heal for the player and allies globally."

Do you truly want "Smite is all about teamwork" then make it hard/impossible to troll your teammates