Thread: Ok, since Cthulhu is in, Jesus when?

Junior Member Cupidhead PTLemon's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Veteran 1000 Experience Points

Ok, since Cthulhu is in, Jesus when?

As a roman catholic christian since birth, I am offended that Jesus Christ ISN'T in. Not only that, Lovercraftian mythology is a fictional mythology for his stories, not a religion that people have followed for centuries. What's next - Lord of the Rings mythology (you know what, that sounds awesome, do it too!)? The Abrahamic Pantheon (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) is long overdue.
    "But Jesus would be boring. What would he be able to do? How would God/Allah/Yawej/Elohim work in the game?"
    I don't know, that's the developers job. God doesn't really need to appear since the "powers" of people like Moses or Jesus come from God, not them, so He would always be present in the people of the pantheon. Seriosuly, just imagine Moses Ultimate be "The Plagues" and the whole map gets affect by it! And you don't need to just do Jesus, Moses or prophets - there are tons of angels and demons in this pantheon that could put their differences aside to join Smite, namely, Metraton, Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, Uriel, Lucifer, Lillith, Beelzbulb, Asmodeus, Ziz, Leviathan, Behemot and so on. So much unttaped potential. Don't be afraid to offend people - usually those people didn't even play the game before that.
    P.S: Mesopotamian and Zoroastrian pantheons when?

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    What are you so “Offended” about? Sounds like you just want something to complain about to be honest.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I'm Christian but Jesus isn't that interesting to me in Smite. What the kit? Turn other cheek? Make water to whine? Maybe if combod with Hebo and Baccus we have something. During his ult he goes on a cross and sky turns dark then he respawns as a spirit. There is just so much that can and will go wrong with this.

Elijah could be cool though, fire chariot, setting people on fire etc. Moses could also work of course with his plagues.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Hi-Rez (And I would assume TitanForge as they took the reigns) has stated that they would never incorporate Abrahamic relegion into smite, most likely they fear the inevitable outrage the inclusion would cause, which I feel is a well founded worry. Its a shame too, as there are actually a lot of angels and demons in Abrahamic lore that would be interesting.

Now we could talk about double standards in regards to include practiced religions while excluding others, or some peoples inability to separate artistic interpretation from religious lore. But I fear that it would not be a constructive discussion at any rate, so perhaps it's for the best.
    Any typo or misspelling in the post above was done to emphasize my point and was therefore done on purpose, as such they will not be corrected.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Yeah wasn't there an outrage over how Kali was portrayed in Smite? If Kali then just imagine Jesus.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    I want a Female and male version of the big G! He/She did make us after his or Her image! xD But seriously i just want more female versions of gods in general

Here's an idea! Make The big G a super easy god to play, One that can work in any role. Then make It a free god, one that new players are defaulted to. The Male or female attribute accommodates this idea of a Starter god that new players can get attached too!

But really i just want more,Atleast a little hot, Female gods! xD
    Last edited by Violen; 06-02-2020 at 07:40 PM.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    jesus will appear when smite is practically broke and they don't have much to lose anymore
    antifascist team

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran Full Profile!
    Awaiting him in Joust again... zzzz
    Just passing by...