Thread: why matchmaking is so bad in smite? someone can explain this to me?

Junior Member Cupidhead linkmike's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

why matchmaking is so bad in smite? someone can explain this to me?

Hi everyone,

I am a new player, I have been playing for about a month now, I am already at level 30 and unfortunately, (yes, unfortunately), I put money into this game because I found it visually very nice and I thought that technical support and mathmaking in this game were decent, similar to any other moba. But I have realized that it is not so.

Normally I play arenas, where everything could happen, so most of the time I play with people who are new and against people who have much more experience in the game, that means that I lose more matches than I win, due to lack of experience. So, today i wanted to play my first 2 matches in rank, which I lost in the most humiliating and disgusting way, since I had to play against diamond and platinum rank players. How is this possible if I am a level 30 bronze 3 player, without any experience in ranked?

What kind of matchmaking puts a platinum player face off against a newcomer bronze like me, to get basaically a free easy win? How does the matchmaking work in this game that allows this kind of parties so excessively unbalanced? Can someone explain this to me?, because it doesnt make any sense.

Never in my life in any other moba that I had played, I saw such a level of injustice and unbalance in matchmaking, by far the one in this game is the worst that exists. I want to vomit because of what I experienced in my first (and maybe last) 2 rank matches I played today

If someone explains this nonsense to me, thank you very much.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    You are playing normal Arena so you will be playing against all players who queue. If you are looking to go up against players of your own skill level, then you need to play a comp queue.

Other than that, HiRez isn’t going to filter out players who are a particular rank in Comp Conquest for a normal game mode. It would take you ages to find a match if this was the case.

Junior Member Cupidhead linkmike's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    lol, but u didnt read what I wrote. I told you, I played 2 ranked matches, and i had to face 2 platinum and diamond players, and im just a newbie bronze around here. matchmaking in this game is terrible hehe. thats why I dont play it frecuently. This moba is just dead, and it will never be popular with the system they use for matchmaking. its doomed like paladins.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead illusion17's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    The real thing I want to know is why you keep posting about it. If you don't like it, then stop playing. I've played this game for years now and can say that the match making is passable. It has its flaws, but it functions well enough. You really ought to stop focusing so much on winning and instead focusing on getting better at the game. You're a new player, and as such well get destroyed by cheese gods such as Loki or AMC. Once you learn basic skills such as positioning and countering cheese gods, you'll have a lot more fun at with the game.