Thread: Buff Baba Yaga

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 664
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Buff Baba Yaga

1)-Change the Defence buff in her 1 to a tick heal for friendly minions and allies
    2)-Allow her 2 to make bubbling pools that remain on the floor for a duration of time. The pools keep their effects and deal damage if stepped in.
    3)-Allow her 3 to add the effects of the pools if she is within range Also become CC immune if used within range of 2 or more pools.
    4)-When ulting Baba Yaga gains protections. She absorbs increased essence from nearby enemies and healing in this form. If she has a potion stored from her 2 while ulting she uses it. Depending on the color of her potion her creeping Witchfire Bolts change color and gain an effect. (Blue)-Witchfire Slow Enemies (Red)-Witchfire Deal Extra Damage (Green)-Witchfire Shred Protections (White)- Witchfire Cripples
    Last edited by JayBiz; 04-27-2020 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Adding Clarity

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 664
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    These small changes like these make her kit more cohesive and add interest to the god

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I think she lacks CC and this seems like a little nice extra utility. I don't like the 3 suggestion it smells Jorm to much.

There would be a trade off in damage though and a part of me appreciates to have a mage that is all about burst and not so much about CC. I think maybe baba could be this. I got a few Baba blinks in the face and they hurt and the dmg comes really fast. I'm a bit torn on her 3, sometimes it seems that she is a bit to hard to catch. I rather she was a bit easier to catch but dealt more dmg. Im a bit tired of super safe mages that sit way back and pokey pokey. A witch doesn't keep distance she wants you close so she can smile you in face as she kills you. You should fear the witches finger of death and if close its kill or be killed, not I poke you with my finger from 100yds away then I leap away with a mile. I get it you should avoid the witch house, you choose to come to her and that is bad, but this is an action game with Gods and heroes, we don't wanna go to and feed on witches to start with, she is affliction you avoid that, she wants to feed on us and come to us, and if she comes to close maybe we can kill her before she makes her move. I think Baba should be played as an aggressive God that after a kill or big burst retreats in the house and unleashes more mayhem, after that she can move some distance but not over half battle field like now. But I only seen her in like 5 games I dont play so much at this time so I dont really know. I think you could pull her in any direction still if she needs changes, both more turtley and more aggressive I think I prefer the latter myself. You suggestions would help with her aoe, zoning and turtle, which is cool and a way to make her better at control, zone and turtle. But when was last time we had more of a single target mage you know? with added aoe in form of just dmg. Who else has single target dmg and AoE with less cc? he bo, freya, olo, ra. Its not that many Id like to see some more.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 05-08-2020 at 08:32 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    witches are known for doing stuff forma distance, not up close stuff.

Achievements:
    Hm depends on the lore I think.

Some witches brew curses from far away.

Others lure in close with deceiving looks to make you drink.

Others plant cursed objects close to affect you.

Baba, and I dont know much about her, seems to be more of the deceiving type, that lures (not with good looks though) in and eats people.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 05-09-2020 at 08:30 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    I do agree that the buffs from her 1 feel very insignificant given that in the middle of combat, you probably aren't going to be looking for a shape on the ground that's hardly large enough for you to stand on that gives you a little movement speed buff or a prot buff that lasts for 1 second after you leave.

Not sure about the others since, as noted above, she'd basically become Jorm.

However, I heartily agree that she needs more defense when she's in her ult. 10% scaling is absolutely nothing even in late game. 500 shield? That's 2 non-crit hunter basics at mid-late game. That's absolutely nothing.

Give her flat damage mitigation instead. She's turning into a giant walking target atm that's begging to be killed and that shield is almost ALWAYS vaporized as soon as I go into it, not to mention that she has the short animation of getting inside the cabin where she can't do anything.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    I do agree that the buffs from her 1 feel very insignificant given that in the middle of combat, you probably aren't going to be looking for a shape on the ground that's hardly large enough for you to stand on that gives you a little movement speed buff or a prot buff that lasts for 1 second after you leave.

Not sure about the others since, as noted above, she'd basically become Jorm.

However, I heartily agree that she needs more defense when she's in her ult. 10% scaling is absolutely nothing even in late game. 500 shield? That's 2 non-crit hunter basics at mid-late game. That's absolutely nothing.

Give her flat damage mitigation instead. She's turning into a giant walking target atm that's begging to be killed and that shield is almost ALWAYS vaporized as soon as I go into it, not to mention that she has the short animation of getting inside the cabin where she can't do anything.
    Well unlike Baron she can hit with her ult beyond 55yds, so she doesn't need to take any damage at all when ulting. Baron definitely should have more prots in ult then Baba, additionally she has an escape she cna use after ult, which baron hasn't. I'm not saying you are wrong, I played 1 Baba game, just saying Baron should have way more prot then Baba when using ult.
    Rocking the boat