Thread: Objective players

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DarkonSA's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Objective players

An objective player is just that, get the towers, gold, pyro, fg, phoenix, etc at all costs.

The reason I put this out is I am an objective player and people will look and see a small kda ratio and assume that "I'm bad" yet looking at the end of the match normally I have the vast majority of structure damage and objective kills.

Sooo many times these "Win by killing only" players run off from team fights, leave objectives un-attacked/defended in order to secure a kill. Then they get collapsed on-being way out of place, and bitch. This is a strategic game, not CSG or Fortnite, you win by securing your objectives #1, defending your teammates #2, and killing the opposition #3...in that order of priority

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I guess you are a mage and hunter then mainly. Cause as warrior or guardian it can sometimes be pretty hard to choose where to help. Can you mage/hunter handle objective alone or do you need to tank it? Is it better to zone incoming enemies then to tank it? So attacking can be zoning, which can mean a objective secure. Is it better to go help your other frontliner or assass who is slightly overextended to get a kill or survive or go help your backline that might get dove. Should I chase this thoth beyond phoenix so he can't poke and ult my team etc. Sometimes I need to go in with half kit on the front and save rest of kit for the back. As Bellona I could poke thoth with my 3 and maybe kill him but then Kali/baka comes in and shreds team and I regret wasting the 3 on thoth. All of this only comes with experience and really the answer is case by case, what mage, what hunter, level, items etc.

I mean sometimes I'm perplexed by these choices in such simple modes as arena and assault. I feel like I should go in and it ends up with nox sniping a backliner who has no jukes, and if I had slightly different position I could block that ult etc. in conquest it is sometimes even harder to choose and takes longer time to run there especially if you are a ymir/sylv. I'm not that experienced conq player so sometimes I have 3 points of interests to run to and I just have to take something by intuition cause time matters a lot in smite, sometimes my team wins on all 3 points without me sometimes they all die and I am non the wiser
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 04-05-2020 at 07:22 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Ok I thought some more about this. And Im a conq noob compared to many so take this with some personal criticism.

The hunter should always be the one aiming mostly for objectives. Their sustain damage is what brings it down. If they have an ult it should be saved for zoning as objective gets low / the fight after objective. If their warrior comes in you do what you can on their armor with exec before you dump everything you have time for and then gtfo. Back behind guardian somewhere. Let the assass unload on the tank. Then mage goes and there will be nothing left of that tank once your warrior comes in along with the guardian if even needed. Now you deagress and heal up. You warrior is behind their, guardian front. Mage still has escape. Hunter is vulnerable for sometime. Regroup and go again.

The assassin supports the hunter here and defends him. Hunter has an item the assass wants anyway which is exec. The assass can move up if the mage and warrior get smth. The guardian is somewhat responsible for playing with the assass here but its the assass job to play with the hunter to start with. If hunter can't keep dmg on objective you should stay unless you have great cc and see your chance. Shoguns is a really good item on assass for this reason lot of team dmg on objective.

The warrior is the scouter, zoner. He has movement and cc to do this. He does what is best with the given situation. That is why ego non aura builds work so well for warriors. Yet items like runic shield can work really well.

The guardian is always with the mage but if he can position to have warrior close and hunter mage close it is best. The mage supports the team but the guardian mainly, they should work well in pairs. The guardian has no problem building defensive auras along with cdr for support and whatever other utility is needed.

When objective goes down is the mage job for secure if needed they use ult. That means all rest of kit can help team zone. Say an agni can be uppfield and help warrior with cc and dmg. Then go back with his 3 and drop 2 ults and a 2 on the FG.

Try see a normal comp as 1-2-2, self minding warrior, pair of assass+hunter, mage+guardian. You can vary this a lot and some guardians are better front and some warriors can be backs. You want mobility but also a stable midfield team fight a big deciding fight often isn't under an objective but in some corner of jungle. If you can't take the fight it will be a hard game.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 04-05-2020 at 07:52 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DarkonSA's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Kudos and spot on.