Thread: Lightbringers Battle Pass - yea or nay? Ruby Rose Thanatos skin?

Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Lightbringers Battle Pass - yea or nay? Ruby Rose Thanatos skin?

1) Lightbringers Battle Pass - yea or nay?
    Outside of the 3-4 breaks from Smite I have taken, some long some short, I have purchased all the Season Tickets, Battle Pass etc.

Is the latest Battle Pass worth? See link for details on premium and free rewards for the Lightbringers Battle Pass. EDIT: Cannot find the Reddit link graphic detailing the Battle Pass rewards, so linking the main Smite website link.

I did get the first 2020 Battle Pass (Enchanted Chronicles) since all 4 skins (Heim, Morrigan, Ares, Fenrir) were pretty decent, even if I don't play those gods much.

The skins in all previous Season tickets and Battle Passes have always been worth the price in my opinion. But this latest Battle Pass, I have no feeling for the Jing Wei skin, Ra and Chaac skin is ok, and I don't like the Geb skin for some reason. So I can't justify purchasing this Battle Pass, and will just be getting the free rewards, of which the Chaac skin is included.

Just curious how many people are like me, and not enamoured at all with the latest skins?

2) Ruby Rose Thanatos skin where else to get it?
    Is it possible this specific skin will be in some chest or available for full purchase in the future? Really like this skin. Sadly I did not log into Smite at all during the period when it was available, as I was still on a pretty long break from Smite.

sob sob
    Last edited by loupblanc10kai; 03-27-2020 at 04:23 AM.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    The thanna skin is meh. Thanna is my most played but I didnt even consider getting it.

The fenrir skin that is on this pass is crazy cool though, or did they just switch pass? anway, thanna skin - meh, fenrir skin - GIEF OMG, yes i have it Im glad.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    Ra and Chaac skin is ok
    The Ra skin is one of the absolute best skins in the entire game. It is phenomenally decorated and designed, and the visual effects of his abilities are spectacular. That skin alone is worth probably twice the price of the battle pass.

But that is my opinion. I play mages, so Ra is an easy pick-up for me, and the style of the skin is very much my cup of tea. I can't judge for you whether you will like something or not.

Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    The thanna skin is meh. Thanna is my most played but I didnt even consider getting it.

The fenrir skin that is on this pass is crazy cool though, or did they just switch pass? anway, thanna skin - meh, fenrir skin - GIEF OMG, yes i have it Im glad.
    I like the skin for its Voice Pack. xD

Must remember next time I go on break from Smite, to still log in and check skins in Battle Pass (or some other new system which they will introduce next year).

The skins in the previous Battle Pass (Enchanted Chronicles, 1st in 2020) have good aesthetic value and even if individually, there wasn't a skin that elicited a "I MUST HAVE THIS! TAKE MY GEMS!" reaction from me, but as a package, I found it great value for Heim, Morrigan, Ares and Fenrir skins, even though I don't play those gods.

But for this latest BP, I found Jing Wei and Geb skins to be of zero value, and the Ra and Chaac skins to be barely passable.

Quote Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
    The Ra skin is one of the absolute best skins in the entire game. It is phenomenally decorated and designed, and the visual effects of his abilities are spectacular. That skin alone is worth probably twice the price of the battle pass.

But that is my opinion. I play mages, so Ra is an easy pick-up for me, and the style of the skin is very much my cup of tea. I can't judge for you whether you will like something or not.
    The Ra skin is probably the best of the bunch, but its not something I wanna use for Ra, just cos of the wings, which I find will block some things from my view. I find its visual pollution. So none of the Archon skins will appeal to me. But I expect most people would like the Ra skin over the Geb skin.

Weirdly, the Geb skin is priced as the best of the bunch, but its totally meh to me, yet totally YES OMG to some.

Yeah, created this thread just to see other people's opinions about the aesthetic value. So you do you with Ra.