Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Season 7 Odyssey Tier 5 Skin - Community Theme Suggestions!

HiRez Staff Follower HiRezIsiah's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 414
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran

Season 7 Odyssey Tier 5 Skin - Community Theme Suggestions!

Gods and Goddesses!

The votes are in, and the winner of this year's Odyssey Voting Bracket is Hel!

Do you already have a Tier 5 Skin theme idea for the Goddess of the Underworld? Great!

Our team has started the early brainstorming phase for this year’s Ultimate Odyssey reward, and we have a ton of amazing ideas. But we want to hear from you as well! This is your chance to let us know what you want to see. The team will be looking through this thread early next week, so get your ideas in by Tuesday March 24 at the latest!

It’s simple, just reply below and give us your best idea for this year’s Odyssey Tier 5 skin. A couple of notes from the team:

• No art is required! You can simply describe your ideas to us.
    • You can be as specific or as broad as you’d like. If you want to go all out and draft a full concept for our winner that’s awesome! If you just want to leave a couple of ideas for the general theme of the skin, that’s fine too!
    • The Tier 5 skin doesn’t necessarily have to have an evolving mechanic. It just needs to change forms. So get creative!
    • Most importantly, please ensure your ideas are original! Suggestions with themes based on existing IP’s(Intellectual Properties) will be disregarded.
    • Lastly, there will be no more voting rounds for this year’s Odyssey Tier 5. After the theme suggestion period concludes, the team will dive in and begin work on a final concept. Early iterations may or may not be shown depending on initial rounds of internal feedback. We’re so excited to create an amazing skin for the god that got the most community support!

On a final note, just because your idea gains the most traction in the community, does not mean that it will be selected. The Titan Forge team will take into account community suggestions, but we will ultimately produce a concept that we feel we can execute the best.

That’s it! We’re looking forward to seeing all the ideas the community has for this year’s Odyssey Tier 5 skin.

See you on the Battleground!
    Last edited by HiRezIsiah; 03-20-2020 at 09:42 PM.
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    My first ideas for Hel's Tier 5: Pure Goddess

Color scheme: Starting at Light Blue/turqoise and Dark Red into a pure white/black with accents of the beginning colors
    Voice pack: Mix between "Order and Chaos" and "Inner Demon" skin

Design: Starting at lvl 1 Hel will start as a more human being just like the default skins, using the Sugar and Spice contrasts, concentrating on more brighter /darker colors

Increasing her lvl means that she is getting brighter, starting at lvl 12 she is building up "armor" (looking like her standard skin) until she hits lvl 20 were she is the pure light and darkness. Throughout those steps her voice changes until she is the Ruler of the Battlegrounds.

Ability Design: Her abilities concentrate on minimal changes throughout her lvl increase until lvl 12 beginning to build out the pure light and darkness.
    All abilities should have the same color but be unique in its own way. For example: The 1 starts as a magic bubble slowly transforming into a holy beam, having new animations like never seen before.
    Every ability starts to become more directly in animations, changing the way of here abilites but still having the classic Hel feeling, throwing in an ability and still knowing if it would hit or not.
    The ult also feels more directly, using her passive to show her stance switch smoother.

VXG lets you go back to the starting lvls, lvl 12, 15, 18 and 20 look

That was my first idea for a Hel Tier 5, really pumped for this skin and yeah, thx for your attention! :3

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Achievements:

Idea for Hel's Tier 5 Odyssey Skin

My first ideas for Hel's Tier 5: Pure Goddess

Color scheme: Starting at Light Blue/turqoise and Dark Red into a pure white/black with accents of the beginning colors
    Voice pack: Mix between "Order and Chaos" and "Inner Demon" skin

Design: Starting at lvl 1 Hel will start as a more human being just like the default skins, using the Sugar and Spice contrasts, concentrating on more brighter /darker colors

Increasing her lvl means that she is getting brighter, starting at lvl 12 she is building up "armor" (looking like her standard skin) until she hits lvl 20 were she is the pure light and darkness. Throughout those steps her voice changes until she is the Ruler of the Battlegrounds.

Ability Design: Her abilities concentrate on minimal changes throughout her lvl increase until lvl 12 beginning to build out the pure light and darkness.
    All abilities should have the same color but be unique in its own way. For example: The 1 starts as a magic bubble slowly transforming into a holy beam, having new animations like never seen before.
    Every ability starts to become more directly in animations, changing the way of here abilites but still having the classic Hel feeling, throwing in an ability and still knowing if it would hit or not.
    The ult also feels more directly, using her passive to show her stance switch smoother.

VXG lets you go back to the starting lvls, lvl 12, 15, 18 and 20 look

That was my first idea for a Hel Tier 5, really pumped for this skin and yeah, thx for your attention! :3

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Una Hel vampira o Hel pirata, y ya ta

New Member Cupidhead SatinSorceress's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Given the current state of being stuck at home, how about a home vs travel theme?

Home can be the light side, where she is in sweatpants. Maybe a little messy. Could have some ice cream or a box of snacks. Has to imply social isolation.

Travel Hel could be dressed up in stylish clothes. Maybe carrying a bag and a map. Something that just screams going on a trip or even just a night on the town. Get social!

So this is a rough idea i have of like a Mayan priestess sort of thing of the apocalypse. Where at the final level her head crown would light up with the solar/lunar eclipse and her body would be engulfed with light/shadow. The map would be effected as well where you could see the solar/lunar eclipse in the sky. That's just a rough beginning idea.

New Member Cupidhead Sickfoo666's Avatar
    so the skin i have in mind is a hel with 4 different look ( 2 dmg ) ( 2 healing ) the theme would be elemental spirit , more fairy looking like kind of elve but with the themed of the 4th element
    1st element fire could be a dmg stance
    2nd element water could than be a healing stance
    3rd element earth could be a dmg stance
    4th element wind could be a healing stance
    and her skin would altern from all 4 element giving her 4 different look during the entire duration of the game a bit like belone tier 5 but with a stance systemen instead ( no evolution)

for the general look of the 4th element i think you guys can easily get awesome design done but i think stuff like the hair made of fire for the fire stance and other element effect on the different stance could be awesome

New Member Cupidhead N8IVE WARLORD's Avatar
    I’m not a super creative person (I leave that to you guys) but I would LOVE see a “gender bender” Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde Hel skin. It would make the perfect tier 5 skin as well, being the only male skin Hel has..

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Would love to see WolfDawg's Hati/Skoll concept!

https://old.reddit.com/r/Smite/comme..._skin_concept/
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    Hello Hi-Rez!

Straight to the point, I will first have a base which will be a lore to support my descriptive design of Hel's T5: ''Unsealed Deity''. (You can obviously change the lore for it to be more fitting to Smite's world) Let's say this odyssey has 4-5 chapters. [Note: Every Odyssey it seemed like one of the newest gods takes the role of a protagonist, so I'll take ''Tsukuyomi'' ] Here we go:

Balance in a world filled with powerful gods & goddesses, how could someone break it? Each and one of them given a role to maintain, with prideful devotions and unlimited worship, entitled as gods and protectors of our world they hold their position with pride, yet few severe their roles and attempt to achieve something more, but with absolute defeat upon their rebellion, they always fail to complete their ambition. However, a strange force from the west (Threat to all gods?), a powerful being that has long waited for its rise, has achieved to capture and seal one of the worlds most important gods Amaterasu. To break great balance in our world, disturbing our source of shadow and light has been accomplished. Tsukuyomi, the god of the moon, opposite to Amaterasu the goddess of the sun, has obviously noticed her disappearance. As the god of order himself, he decided that it's finally the moment to accomplish his chase after her across the skies, then, Tsukuyomi has undertaken a journey to the west to save his beloved estranged wife.

To not expand this anymore here are key-points of the story: Tsukuyomi travels to the west. Encounters Baba Yaga in the deep dark forest to ask her about Amaterasu's whereabouts. Naive of her true nature he falls into her trap, but a small slippery god comes to his aid (at the end of the gods trailer for 2020 ), after being save he travels with the little god further to the east, and across the seas a big monster appears from the depths of the sea and they fight it off (Also from the trailer) Then they reach a sphere-shaped vessel that contains Amaterasu inside. A guardian fights off Tsukuyomi and the little god (That's Argus and Hera. Probably a new skin for her). After her defeat she is brought back to being Hera herself and not possessed by Ah Puch, the god of death and human sacrifice. They fight off this beast but they are not strong enough, however a disturbed god from another world comes to their aid, but with what cost? It's Hel, goddess of the underworld. She felt threatened by Ah Puch's existence as she sensed his desire to control all underworlds and skies. Hel offered to help Tsukuyomi, but at the cost of unsealing her and being one with her. Tsukuyomi had no other choice, so he became one with Hel and unsealed her from her eternal keep of Helheim. They defeated Ah Puch but they didn't kill him, because they could not. Instead, they offered him reign over Helheim in addition to Xibalba, but with the condition to never bother the surface anymore. (Amaterasu was saved and she mourned Tsukuyomi, but she knew he was still there)

Now skin concept: As she obtained both the freedom to fly across the skies as the goddess of the underworld (former) and goddess of the moon, now she has characteristics of both realms and roles. There's no evolution in this skin that narrates a story, but it will narrate how powerful she can get, enhancing her look as she deals damage and heals enemies.

Heal form: Hel has a majestic, blue and glamorous kimono that resembles the stars, followed by her white hair covering the sky. She has moons flotating from her shoulders. As she evolves the kimono gets longer and her hair too, her moons will shine brighter and her eyes will start to glow. Thankful for her freedom, her opposite part is not as bitter as before. (This heal form evolves only ONE stage from healing a certain amount)

Damage form: As she converts into her still intact true form of herself as the goddess of the underworld, she holds a great armor referring to a Shogun to honor Tsukuyomi for her granted freedom. (Shogun just to wear a piece from Japan, where her ''hero'' kept balance) A powerful shogun armor, and as she deals damage, she will start radiating a red strong aura that is of a red moon. Also only ONE stage after dealing a certain amount of dmg. (A question that comes in mind: What if a side of hers evolves before the other one? Well, I think one side should heal lets say 3000 health, and then the damage 3000 as well, but she one is complete and the other side has 100 less from 3000, evolution should wait until both sides are completely at 3000 in both dmg dealt and life healed)

Her moon abilites should be blue and radiant and IMPACTFUL. Make the sounds be immersive, like a gentle night filled with stars as the wind of sakura trees blow. Then the Shogun should use a sword to deliver a slash forward (1st ability), deliver a curse (2nd), and strike a powerful, blood stained stamp (3rd). the transition between the abilites will be Hel vanishing her glamorous goddess kimono to put on an armor. Obviously super fast and an intense light to make it more normal. (No fanservice)

And that should be it! I'm so so so sorry if I wrote too much, I always let my self ramble around with stories and stuff. The story as it is doesn't make sense, but please keep Hel's Moon and Blood Shogun design! With probably Tsukuyomi's granted powers to it! I always wanted a japanese themed Tier 5 with majestic looks and bamboo sounds! I hope you choose this one, otherwise thank you so much for reading my lore and suggestion! I love you all Hi-Rez!!

Froslot