Thread: Hard Pill To Swallow: Hi-Rez Doesn't Care About New Players

New Member Cupidhead MeatSlinger3000's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Hard Pill To Swallow: Hi-Rez Doesn't Care About New Players

The rampant, unbridled, & arguably even encouraged smurfing (Tyr skin) is evidence of just that. This game is a toxic cesspool for new players, as this entire game is essentially one massive feeding frenzy involving hoards of smurfs harassing new players in order to farm ego boosts, and it's genuinely pathetic.

The smurfing is so bad that Conquest is virtually unplayable, with like 90%+ of all the matches I play ending in early surrender due to the smurfs in the game harassing the new players into leaving matches and spamming F6. Oddly enough, the new players who decide to AFK in light of being fed up with the harassment will reliably be penalized by Hi-Rez, yet the toxic smurfs who harassed them into AFKing are allowed to scour this game's matches freely, ruining the game for god knows how many new players. This game needs to be officially renamed as "Smite: Battle of the Smurfs".

Hi-Rez more than likely will not do anything about the smurfing, so from here on out I'm spam reporting smurf accounts for harassment. Smurfing in my conquest match? Cool dude, enjoy the 100+ harassment reports to your account.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatSlinger3000 View Post
    The rampant, unbridled, & arguably even encouraged smurfing (Tyr skin) is evidence of just that. This game is a toxic cesspool for new players, as this entire game is essentially one massive feeding frenzy involving hoards of smurfs harassing new players in order to farm ego boosts, and it's genuinely pathetic.

The smurfing is so bad that Conquest is virtually unplayable, with like 90%+ of all the matches I play ending in early surrender due to the smurfs in the game harassing the new players into leaving matches and spamming F6. Oddly enough, the new players who decide to AFK in light of being fed up with the harassment will reliably be penalized by Hi-Rez, yet the toxic smurfs who harassed them into AFKing are allowed to scour this game's matches freely, ruining the game for god knows how many new players. This game needs to be officially renamed as "Smite: Battle of the Smurfs".

Hi-Rez more than likely will not do anything about the smurfing, so from here on out I'm spam reporting smurf accounts for harassment. Smurfing in my conquest match? Cool dude, enjoy the 100+ harassment reports to your account.
    You act like SMITE is the only multiplayer game with smurfs smh. Smurfs aren't toxic, they teach new players to grow a thicker skin, the meta/roles, and the correct way to build. If newer players don't have the intelligence to learn, then there is nothing the game developers can do about that. And this applies to other games too not just SMITE ie. LoL and Dota2.

On the other hand, you admitting that you spam report people for "harassment" out of most likely your own salt is even more toxic since false reporting is a major flaw in SMITE specifically because the system soft punishes a player automatically after a certain # of reports.