Thread: how to play on Thanatos

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Clackster's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Cool how to play on Thanatos

earnest request, don't invite me to your team if your thanatos doesn't play as hard

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Blackthorn as 5th item really isn't value. Mantle of discord (or spirit robe or magis) is much better, when you get low everyone around gets stunned, free hit with scythe Also protections is better for a healer god then hp buffer. Hp doesn't do anything for your healing as all heals are based off target health. Prots though turns every heal into more effective hp.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Blackthorn as 5th item really isn't value. Mantle of discord (or spirit robe or magis) is much better, when you get low everyone around gets stunned, free hit with scythe Also protections is better for a healer god then hp buffer. Hp doesn't do anything for your healing as all heals are based off target health. Prots though turns every heal into more effective hp.
    I do not get the last part but Blackthorns is a thing for some because of its all around value.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    I do not get the last part but Blackthorns is a thing for some because of its all around value.
    I think blackthorn can be a good early game item it will let you live through a few more hits, but for later game it doesn't offer that much, maybe 1 more spell or 1-2 more autos at the most.

For the last part.

A target with no prots and 2500health lives as long as a target with 25% prots and 2000 health. If you however add a heal of 500 to that. You need 3000dmg to kill the unprotected target and 3125dmg to kill the target with prots. 125more (500*0.25)

For every equal unmitigated damage and heal trade you end up in, you get 25% more health left with the protection item.

As thanna usually ends up trading damage and heals a lot in a fight so prots are very good on him, they add more value to the heals, where as hp buffer adds no value to the heals, it only makes you live longer to get your heal. And since we are talking about like 300health vs 60 prots which is more then 25% dmg mitigation it is easy choice in smite which is better.

The only thing left to consider is the 35 power of blackthorn but I don't think it gives more value in the case of thanna or any other self healer in late game. You can of course have both blackthorn AND mantle. But I would never go blackthorn over mantle in late game, on self healers especially or if you have a healer on team. For early game though blackthorn is cheaper and 300 health might be like 30% extra health on a squish like thanna which is great along with some power so you still deal some dmg. But for late you should have power sorted and 300 more health is maybe only 15% extra, where as mantles 60prots give your base hp of around 2k? a lot more to play with, as those 60 prots are like 30% mitigations or smth, so it equals like 600health late game, assuming you have 2000hp, I might be wrong on that but even with some discrepancy I think you can see the advantages.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 04-05-2020 at 06:59 PM.
    Rocking the boat