Thread: Odin slightly OP

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran

Odin slightly OP

Well new Odin is kinda crazy.

IMO Odin was well balanced before he was just kinda boring to play. new kit doesn't make it a whole lot better I think but he gets a bit more play but that is only cause he now is super OP and/or people wanna test new kit. Really I think he is barely played more then before.

What is the base dmg on his 3 now, 600?

I can accept the new 3. But the fact that you cannot fire into the ult I think makes it to much.

I would suggest 5 autos to kill the whole cage not just one side. Cage blocks the battlefield as much as yemoja ult now. it is about as bad as it always been for the ones inside, the difference is you cannot help people inside, cause the cage is tanking your autos. If this was the only change I could accept it but with the new 3 as well Odin is just super OP as he is now. Top everything in every game you see him in.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Well Odin got reworked because of all the crybabys who wanted him to be a super high damage one shotting god. After the rework was shown, over half the Odin topic on reddit was filled with whiners and complainers who wanted Assassin or Mage Odin, not Warrior Odin. These are people who refused to act like tanks, hate tanking, refused to use the Ult in combo with other players, always bird bomb never learning other way and skills to play.

I have seen these types for too long, they are one of the reasons I am currently inactive in Smite.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Well Odin got reworked because of all the crybabys who wanted him to be a super high damage one shotting god. After the rework was shown, over half the Odin topic on reddit was filled with whiners and complainers who wanted Assassin or Mage Odin, not Warrior Odin. These are people who refused to act like tanks, hate tanking, refused to use the Ult in combo with other players, always bird bomb never learning other way and skills to play.

I have seen these types for too long, they are one of the reasons I am currently inactive in Smite.
    No they wanted Odin to be more than an ult-bot.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Well old Odin was a weird warrior as he had almost no CC and just tank and damage. That is why he felt like an ult-bot. A warrior with no CC is rough to play as a warrior.

Personally I preferred old Odin over this one. His 3 feels not good now.

None of your answers justifies the change to the ult. More damage? I think Odin didn't need it. More CC? I can accept this. Change ult so that punishing Odin when going in with it is MUCH harder? I really do not see why.
    Rocking the boat