Thread: Aphrodite mini rework

Junior Member Cupidhead KhalinAlucard's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Aphrodite mini rework

I was reading since a few days, that there are actually pretty much threads already about something similar - i do know that.
    But I really think lately Aphrodite can use a little bit more love,because she is in a weird spot for a support or even a mid- or solo-laner. So I just started to think about, how Hi-Rez could fix those little issues Aphrodite always kinda had and i really want to show you my little point of view for a mini rework she could get.
    Basically I didn't changed the way how to play Aphro at all, in fact i just tuned her skills more or less and kinda deleted backoff, since i think it's the only part of her kit which is actually pretty cool, but just feels wrong all in all for her actual being.
    Aphrodite want to get attention and want to be the center of it, like her passive clearly shows and also the interaction with the kiss on an enemy kinda feels weird to me personally.
    So.. Better i just get started, before i lose focus somehow:

Passive: Center of Attention
    Ability: Buff
    Affects: Self
    Aphrodite gains 5 physical protection and 4 magical protection for each god within 100 feet of her.

Since i think her passive is actually pretty decent, i don't want to change it at all. But all in all i do think that 4 physical are kinda too low (in cases you plan to play her as support) so i just buffed it to 5 and increased the range for it a little bit to compliment her backline supportish style even more.

Ability 1: Kiss
    Ability: Projectile
    Affects: Gods (Enemies and Allies)

Aphrodite blows a kiss to an allied god, close him in to her heart and making him her soul mate, giving them both increased movement speed. If it hits an ally, it has reduced cooldown to 1s.
    If the kiss is hitting an enemy god, he gets charmed moving uncontrollable, slowly towards Aphrodite.
    Her soul mate gets jealous, increasing his damage.
    Also 70% of all Mana regenerated by Aphrodite is restored to her soul mate.
    If Aphrodite is more than 70 feet away of her soul mate, he will obtain only 50% of all effects and buffs Aphrodite is giving to him. If she is more than 100 feets away her soul mate will get no benefit from being her soul mate at all.

Movement speed: 8|11|14|17|20%
    Jealousy Damage-Buff: 8|11|14|17|20%
    Jealousy Duration: 5s
    Charming Duration: 2s
    Slow: 20%
    Slow Duration: 2s
    Cost: 60|65|70|75|80
    Cooldown: 16|15|14|13|12s

So for the Kiss i just swapped out this weird and too short stun and underlined her theme of being the pure beauty who everyone desires and loves and gave it a charming effect, which causes to become disabled and in the same time being displaced. I think like that she can also be more active in the game, doing stuff even if she don't have to heal which feels hopefully kinda better than this 1s stun.
    Since I gave it a new function through the charming-effect and a 20% slow at the same time, i just thought increasing her mana useage would be the right way to get it balanced in any kind of way.
    And I made her Soul mate link more like an Aura, which basically got like 3 parts:
    <70 feet = full effects of Aphrodites buffs and healing
    >70 feet and <100 feet = 50% of her buffs and healing
    and
    >100 feet = no buffs and healing, because you are too far way.
    Like that i wanted to prevent Aphro being a global healer and buffer, but still tried to underline her backline being support style while also prevent herself using kiss after kiss just because you went a little too far away or the soul mate is somehow faster than you are and the link keeps breaking down. So the soulmate state will be eternal as long as you dont kiss any other team mate or Aphrodite dies.
    I thought Hi-Rez could use her Heart symbol for her passive to show the face of your soul mate in it, so you always know who your mate actually is, so this big heart finally gets a reason to exist in the UI next to the actual (little pink) hearts who indicate your passive. (this part about her soul mate-thing was not from me, so credits belong to the person who wrote it in a different & older thread! Ty for inspiring me!)

Ability 2: Rejection
    Ability: Cone
    Affects: Enemies
    Damage: Magical
    Range: 25

Aphrodite rejects the love and desire of an enemy god, dealing damage to him and breaks his heart, causing a 1s stun.
    If the enemy is charmed by Aphrodites Kiss, she will deal 10% more damage and recieving a satisfaction buff.

Damage: 90|150|210|270|330 (+80% of your magical power)
    Satisfaction: restores 20% of your missing Mana within 5s
    Cost: 75|80|85|90|95
    Cooldown: 12s

So this is my new version for Backoff.
    Basically the 1s Stun from her Kiss is now a part of Rejection and i thought the stun animation could be like the enemy crying for not getting his waifu Aphrodite. Even if it is just for a second, i just hoped like that we can still hold the tools Aphro already have in a different kind of way.
    And since Aphro always had some huge mana issues in very early stages of the game, i had to deal somehow with this too and put this satisfaction buff into it, which will help her at least a little bit. The mana restored by this buff will affect her soul mate as well, because of her aura-ish connection to the chosen soul mate.

Ability 3: Love birds
    Ability: Line
    Affects: Enemy and Ally
    Damage: Magical

Aphrodite calls forth a flock of beautiful doves that fly forward in the area in front of her.
    The doves circle around all enemies in the path, damaging every 0.5s for 3s.
    Aphrodite and her soul mate also recieve healing when cast.
    all Allies in it's path will gain a buff, causing to share the effect of Aphrodites passive "Center of Attention" also to the affected.

Damage per tick: 20|30|40|50|60 (+20% of your magical power)
    Healing per tick: 10|17|24|31|38 (+15% of your magical power)
    Cost: 75|80|85|90|95
    Cooldown: 12s

I already noticed that Hi-Rez done a few things for any other healer except Hel and Aphrodite, so they can do something else except only healing with the very same Skill. I thought giving those lovely birds a little third use, except dealing damage per tick and healing per tick would be a great benefit to Aphrodite in any kind of way to support her own team - like Sylvanus e.g. who can increase protections as well (my inspiration to that in some kind of way). And because of the massive anti-heal which exists recently i personally buffed slightly her scaling for both damage and healing (hope it isn't too much!) but also increased the mana usage for it a little bit, because of the extra buff of sharing her passive and the slightly buff to compensate.

Ability 4: Undying Love
    Ability: Buff
    Affects: Self and Soul Mate

Aphrodite pledges undying love to herself and her soul mate. While this is active, herself and her soul mate are invulnerable to all damage for a short duration.
    All crowd control effects are also removed when activated.

Invulnerable Duration: 0.8|1.1|1.4|1.7|2s
    Cost: 100
    Cooldown: 90|85|80|75|70s

For her ultimate i done absolutly nothing, because i just think it's actually her most powerful tool in the kit and i am 100% sure doing anything to this would end up in a far too OP shit. So i decided to leave it like it is.

That's at least what I personally would love to see for our little beatuy queen Aphrodite and I really hope Hi-Rez is looking at this in some kind of way (the hope dies always at last).
    Hope you enjoyed my personal thoughts about this topic and if you want to correct me or share your own thoughts or want to ask me something about it, just feel free to comment.
    Last edited by KhalinAlucard; 02-07-2020 at 12:53 AM.

Junior Member Cupidhead KhalinAlucard's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Well.. maybe it's not a "mini" rework actually. Just noticed now after posting it... xD
    Last edited by KhalinAlucard; 02-07-2020 at 12:38 AM.