Thread: Morrigan Help?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead JuriHaku's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Morrigan Help?

More of a rant/vent but how do you deal with Morrigan? She literally ruins every game I play and is from what I'm seeing fully uncounterable like how do you stop her? Wards don't help and I play a lot of casual so I don't even get the luxury of counter picking her.

Mantle of discord doesn't help, beads doesn't help, mystic doesn't help grouping up doesn't help if she can ult into a tank god like xing and she can set us up for another xing ult how do you deal with this god and why hasn't she gotten the Loki treatment if she is far beyond him?! How do you counter this god because I'm seeing a lot more of her thanks to Hi-Rez giving her a skin and how do I deal with her in lane if she is tower camping and there are gods like Xing she can become to throw me into tower and kill me?! Again I've tried everything and I've even tried "silence gods" but majority of them fucking suck Nox is crap and I legit need to know where Morrigan is prior to even do shit and Hades well it's Hades... and Ganesha I can't always play him so someone tell me what is the key to even beating her especially in casual conquest?

P.S.
    Hi-Rez give her the Loki treatment please I find it stupid that Loki who can actually be countered was nerfed to hell because he is "unfun" but Morrigan is allowed to be a thing and she can nearly one shot a squish off her abilities and not even her ult LOGIC?!

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    If she's constantly camping tower, freeze the wave and force her to come to you or lose exp and gold. Mystical Mail will immediately break her stealth and destroy her clone, just beware that it's the opposite protection type unless she transforms into a physical user. Her ability to transform is also severely limited by the massive cooldown for the first 2 ranks of it, and anything after that, limited to the cooldown of her target since her ult inherits the cooldown of the god she transforms into if their ult cooldown is longer then hers. Her biggest weakness is her first 10 levels when her damage against gods is lower compared to many others (conquest only, this threshold goes down to about 5 or 6 in other modes where gold gain is higher), and in conjuction with that, her high AF cooldowns until she starts putting more then 2 points into her stuff. Just keep your distance and make sure your sounds are turned up. With several skins, the newest one especially, she has a long line of voice when she goes invisible and you can usually track her with that. And until she fully itemizes, she'll be hard pressed to fight anyone with a significant amount of health.

Just because she's hard to play against in a few cases (you have to know the game inside and out to play her with any sort of decent skill because of her ult), doesn't mean it's impossible.

Since your in casuals mostly, pick gods that inherently counter her then for the next while, if you can figure out which ones you can play that actually can counter her to some degree. I use Nox against her quite effectively, but that's only because I have a 13 star Nox and a one star Morrigan so I tend to be able to predict enemy Morri's quite easily.

Loki was nerfed so incredibly hard because he was VERY uncounterable in low to mid level play where people are still learning the game, let alone how to counter specific gods with items and other gods. His stealth can't be broken unless it's with hard cc or if he uses a basic attack. His stealth is the only one like that in the game currently. AND he's still powerful in low level play. Every other stealth has major conditions behind it and damage usually breaks it for everyone else. The only exceptions are Nu Wa, but she's extremely limited to her cloud, and Discordia for the same reason, but both of them can't do anything else except sit in their stuff otherwise they reveal themselves.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead JuriHaku's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkNightblade View Post
    If she's constantly camping tower, freeze the wave and force her to come to you or lose exp and gold. Mystical Mail will immediately break her stealth and destroy her clone, just beware that it's the opposite protection type unless she transforms into a physical user. Her ability to transform is also severely limited by the massive cooldown for the first 2 ranks of it, and anything after that, limited to the cooldown of her target since her ult inherits the cooldown of the god she transforms into if their ult cooldown is longer then hers. Her biggest weakness is her first 10 levels when her damage against gods is lower compared to many others (conquest only, this threshold goes down to about 5 or 6 in other modes where gold gain is higher), and in conjuction with that, her high AF cooldowns until she starts putting more then 2 points into her stuff. Just keep your distance and make sure your sounds are turned up. With several skins, the newest one especially, she has a long line of voice when she goes invisible and you can usually track her with that. And until she fully itemizes, she'll be hard pressed to fight anyone with a significant amount of health.

Just because she's hard to play against in a few cases (you have to know the game inside and out to play her with any sort of decent skill because of her ult), doesn't mean it's impossible.

Since your in casuals mostly, pick gods that inherently counter her then for the next while, if you can figure out which ones you can play that actually can counter her to some degree. I use Nox against her quite effectively, but that's only because I have a 13 star Nox and a one star Morrigan so I tend to be able to predict enemy Morri's quite easily.

Loki was nerfed so incredibly hard because he was VERY uncounterable in low to mid level play where people are still learning the game, let alone how to counter specific gods with items and other gods. His stealth can't be broken unless it's with hard cc or if he uses a basic attack. His stealth is the only one like that in the game currently. AND he's still powerful in low level play. Every other stealth has major conditions behind it and damage usually breaks it for everyone else. The only exceptions are Nu Wa, but she's extremely limited to her cloud, and Discordia for the same reason, but both of them can't do anything else except sit in their stuff otherwise they reveal themselves.
    So keep doing what I know thus far? I've had a lot of success dealing with her as Izanami and I do know of counters for her but always playing them isn't the best and as for the Loki bad players be bad? That or it was more from the squishy side because there are a lot of times that countered him before we even got as many stealth counter gods as we do now.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead skoots7's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I feel like Poseidon does a good job countering her, his whirlpool and wave should create enough distance between you are her. Isis can also be pretty effective, will no movement penalty in the 1, a silence, and her ult does a awesome job of zoning anyone. Because it is casual you can try something different like Ymir or Chaac where you can tank her abilities and still do high damage to her.
    You ask me "Oh God, why?"
    "Because I'm god, that's fucking why"