Thread: Suggestion for new Adventure/MotD mode: Rollback Week

Member Worshipper TheHolyDarkness's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 669
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points

Suggestion for new Adventure/MotD mode: Rollback Week

Sometimes I get nostalgic for old builds of the game. I'm sure we all do. Sometimes I'm sure we all wish we could go back to re-experience release Guan Yu or Bellona, or the old hunter meta, or release Susano-o, etc.

Then we remember why we made progress forward.

But wait...what if we could get our nostalgia hit in the form of some kind of adventure or Match of the Day. I imagine it'd take some time to program, test, and implement, but by late Season 7 or Season 8, why not? I'm sure many of us who weren't hear for the "old days" that veterans talk about would have a blast as well, provided its encapsulated to one of the special modes.

You can theme it around Chronos or something. Make it a full scope event. Sell battle passes or something over it.

Now, when I say rollback, remember, I not just talking about Gods and God selection however. Items, relics, the Conquest/Joust/Arena map, pretty much everything is rolled back to their old state. So things like the old Runeforged Hammer, Archilles Spear, Hasten Fatalis are all back. I'm sure as the game gets older, a mode like this will only grow more appreciated.

RollBack Week - Beta
    Experience Smite as it was at the end of 2014. God Selections, map state, and Items restored to their old state.

RollBack Week - Season 1
    Experience Smite as it was at the end of 2015

RollBack Week - Season 2
    Experience Smite as it was at the end of 2016

RollBack Week - Season 3
    Experience Smite as it was at the end of 2017

RollBack Week - Season 4
    Experience Smite as it was at the end of 2018

RollBack Week - Season 5
    Experience Smite as it was at the end of 2019

Naturally, this mode will only grow more cherished with time. By the time this idea is implemented, you could also include:

RollBack Week - Season 6
    Experience Smite as it was at the end of 2020

RollBack Week - Season 3
    Experience Smite as it was at the end of 2021

etc.

Just a suggestion. Just an idea. The older a game gets the more one begins to desire the classic days. Just ask WarCraft.
    A man can remake the entire world if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind.

~TheHolyDarkness Out~

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    While it would be really cool I doubt it is possible, would take a lot of hard work.
    Rocking the boat

Member Worshipper TheHolyDarkness's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 669
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Yes it would. I wouldn't call it a priority project. Maybe something to be ready by 2021 or even 2022. I'm just trying to think from Hi-Rez's business CEOs standpoint. As the game gets older, the potential to milk us for nostalgia grows. I think it is possible, it just would take a lot of planning and hard work.

Nothing to be rushed ahead of more prudent tasks, like development for the next season, new adventures, or the creation of a God with bold new features, but something for the programmers to work on should there ever be a slow day at the office.

If WoW Classic is a thing then I bet HiRez could eventually do the same thing by marketing some kind of Smite: Classic Adventure. Hosted by Chronos! ;-)

I know that I'd pay for it. I guess. Make a bunch of dimension-hopping time traveler themed skins for good measure? I don't know, a Marty McFly Apollo? A Time Cop Rama? A Rick and Morty Poseidon? A Terminator Zhong Kui? Whatever.

Throw in some kind of (un)limited skin at the end of these events and I'd probably fall for it (again).
    A man can remake the entire world if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind.

~TheHolyDarkness Out~