Thread: Rework for Freya and Nemesis

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Rework for Freya and Nemesis

Currently there are many gods in the goal that have a lot of advantage and characters like Freya/Nemesis are falling far behind. That there are people who know how to play it does not make it viable for the rest it does not yield

For Freya, need a total rework. Aesthetic (she is very weird and disproportionate) and skills. Her skills are literally buffs for basics (1 power basics 2 ranged basics 3 aegis for an enemy 4 invulnerability ranged basics) she is sooooo boring, need versatility

For Nemesis, need a medium rework for skills. She have the worst offensive ultimate in the game

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Freya was tried, got reverted recently, do not think they will try again soon.

Junior Member Cupidhead shadowlf's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 476
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    They tried reworking Freya for some time, but the damage numbers were too intensely proportionate to her winrate to keep, so those changes were reverted a little while ago, which brought back the community's support with renewed relief. As for Nemesis, the ult has seen meta shifts in pro for some time while it was over tuned, which *ultimately*(excuse the pun) caused it to get pushed down to the low stats we see today. If you wanted to find ways to reformulate these gods now, you would have to make some idea of improvement that is more tangible, but even then you couldn't make the devs rework them unless the two gods satisfied the criteria listed in this Titan Forge article which so happens to be on Freya's revert.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowlf View Post
    They tried reworking Freya for some time, but the damage numbers were too intensely proportionate to her winrate to keep, so those changes were reverted a little while ago, which brought back the community's support with renewed relief. As for Nemesis, the ult has seen meta shifts in pro for some time while it was over tuned, which *ultimately*(excuse the pun) caused it to get pushed down to the low stats we see today. If you wanted to find ways to reformulate these gods now, you would have to make some idea of improvement that is more tangible, but even then you couldn't make the devs rework them unless the two gods satisfied the criteria listed in this Titan Forge article which so happens to be on Freya's revert.
    Upon reflection, Nemesis actually might qualify for rework. Let's list how she qualifies:

-Popularity: Seems pretty low. To say the least, I don't see her appearing in my games often. Although, I'm pretty seldom when gaming with Smite, so my account of the situation shouldn't be taken so highly.

-Balance Problems: Because of her ult's auto-targeting nature, it is hard to make it seem impactful without making it too overpowered. With nerfs to protection stealing, percent damage, etc., Nemesis has to rely on her other abilities to get the job done.

-Community perception: Users like you want Nemesis's rework on her ult.

-Room for improvement: In this sense, her ult is her defining feature in Smite: a heavy debuff which punishes those who underestimate her power by being overaggressive in their positioning. While it is not easily clear where this ability could improve, there are problems that the ability presents by nature: the debuff can be used regardless of the opponent's positioning, as long as they are in range. Furthermore, the stolen movement speed, while seemingly necessary in her kit, offers no way for those hit to flee or reposition themselves in recognition of "their hubris". I feel like this ability can be adjusted in these directions.

While I have shown the possibility of her qualification, keep in mind that the devs have tried to offset the nerfs of her ult by making her other abilities more powerful, which if given enough love in the community, can affect the decisioning behind her rework. Also, it has not yet been shown that Divine Judgement really needed every nerf, so she might need a few more updates on her before we determine that she really does need to receive a rework. We shall see once they have caught on to this thread.
    Last edited by shadowlf; 05-28-2020 at 11:46 PM. Reason: The list had to be easier to read.

Achievements:
    New Nemesis notes: https://www.smitegame.com/news/7-6-u...great-dreamer/

Oops! Didn't mean to aggravate the team. I was really just analyzing the plausibility of her rework. Didn't intend to push harder buffs that much. But I will say, it is a nice buff overall to have faster power shreds.

Achievements:
    Also, I checked with some Discord members a while back. They seemed to be fine with the way her ult works now, even from its symbolic standpoint. It seems that this ability doesn't need much of a rework, and will most likely not be getting more tune-ups in the future.