Thread: Baldur - The God of Light

New Member Cupidhead VikingBalrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380

Baldur - The God of Light

Hello everyone, this is my first time using fourms, I always felt like not bother with using fourms because Smite is such a fun game and I honestly liked it since the first day I played it, but I also would like to share an idea about a new God to play, who is Baldur, the god of light.

First of all, I am very happy with what we have, but for how interesting the game is, I don't mind to see it even better and more fun to play. With new Gods being added, I will only like the game more, and the first god that came to my mind is Baldur because I always knew about Baldur since I was a kid.

When I say Baldur, I am not going to mention anything about what most people saw, from the god of wars, that's the wrong attitude of the real Baldur, they showed him more of an aggressive immortal fighter who is lowkey evil. I would not want to see that fake personality in any other game about Baldur.

Baldur represents the joy, immortality and the light that shines upon people's hearts. He is meant to be the charmer, the healer, the friend of the good spirits, whose title could also be called the "unharmed"

Brief Lore:
    Balder, Old Norse Baldr, in Norse mythology, the son of the chief god Odin and his wife Frigg. Beautiful and just, he was the favourite of the gods. Most legends about him concern his death. Icelandic stories tell how the gods amused themselves by throwing objects at him, knowing that he was immune from harm. The blind god Höd, deceived by the evil Loki, killed Balder by hurling mistletoe, the only thing that could hurt him. After Balder’s funeral, the giantess Thökk, probably Loki in disguise, refused to weep the tears that would release Balder from death.

Once again, Baldur is the source of good, he was the most loved god of the aesirs, he was the joy bringer to the Vikings, and was never as aggressive as his brothers. He was different, unique and very wise to everyone around him.

---

Gameplay Concept:

Type: Ranged/Magical

Role: Mage

Weapon: His own power of light (Fists)

Pros: High Sustain, High Area Damage

Difficulty: Hard

Secondary Gameplay Concept:

Type: Ranged/Physical

Role: Marksman

Weapon: Bow

Pros: High Sustain, High single target damage

Difficulty: Hard

Third Gameplay Concept: ( I think this one is the most common, think of Freya, something close to her but different gameplay )

Type: Melee/Magical

Role: Mage

Weapon: Sword of light

Pros: High Sustain, high mobility

Difficulty: Average or (Easy?)

---

I will do abilities based on the 3rd gameplay concept

Abilities:

Passive ( Purity ):

When Baldur gets hit, his Mana will automatically cover for him, and once he loses his mana, he will start getting hurt and lose his Hp after.
    Additionally, all allies near Baldur receive a bonus 100% health and mana regeneration.

Ability 1 ( Purge ):

Baldur sends a purging light against the target, dealing 120/150/180/210/240 damage and silences the target for 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2 seconds.

Cost: 50 mana
    Cooldown: 8 at all ranks

Ability 2 ( Clearance ):

Shields an ally target with a blessed light that absorbs 100/140/160/200/240 damage, allowing them to be immune to crowd control for the next 4 seconds.

Cost:75 mana
    Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10

Ability 3 ( Salvation ):

Baldur calls the light on a targeted ally, restores 200/275/350/425/500 of their health over 4 seconds.

Cost: 75 mana
    Cooldown 14/13/12/11/10

Ultimate ( Immortaility ):

Baldur absorbs the power of light and remain shiny in the combat for the next 6 seconds. Increasing his movement speed by 10%/12%/14%/16%/18%.
    When Baldur's HP drops below 1 health during this duration. He will remain undying for the next 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds.

Cost:125 mana
    Cooldown: 80/75/70/65/60

---

Itemization:
    Will be played as a mana stacker who focuses on mobility, cooldown reduction and auras, as well as Power to scale his abilities.

Example:

1) Shoes of Focus
    2) PythaGorem's Piece
    3) Book of Thoth
    4) Shogun's Kusari
    5) Spectral Armor
    6) Shield of Regrowth

This build is a core build, but could be changed based on the player's playstyle.
    I personally chose this build because his playstyle will focus on Cooldown, Mana, some defense and enough AP for scaling. This build gives all of the required stats

Thanks for the reading everyone!
    Feel free to comment below for any feedback, suggestion or argument.
    Once again, this is my first fourm in Smite game, and I do wish that Fourms are used by the community.
    Last edited by VikingBalrog; 01-05-2020 at 06:28 AM.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    the passive its similar to zinx of paragon and you arent going to vs that , just search epic broke zinx and fyi that build was only power and mp5
    Last edited by Omacatl; 01-06-2020 at 06:03 AM.

New Member Cupidhead VikingBalrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Oh I didn't know that, thanks for the reply. At this point, any other passive would work.