Thread: DPS meta is mechanically boring, give us gods that revolve around countering APM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BravoJuliet4me's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

DPS meta is mechanically boring, give us gods that revolve around countering APM.

Intro - For those whom don't know me, my ign was bravojuliet4me and is now dirtypwnography. I am the clan leader and founder of clan wakka. I am dominantly a solo que assault player and at one point was ranked in the top 200 best assault players in the world. I am a mid level diamond player in ranked conquest and tbh the biggest reason why I don't have masters under my belt is my own fault, i'm too lazy to do the grinding and am more prone to test stupid stuff in ranked then I am to play to win anymore because it's always the same stuff, You must kill XYZ jungle camp and then be here at this location by this time, buy this item next or you lose the power curve, etc. It becomes kind of robotic after awhile doing the same thing over and over again to ensure your DPS power curve is always ahead.

Respectfully said, please take the following into consideration as it is meant to be constructive.

I want a change to this DPS meta, like I want anything about it to change, its so boring. I want gods that revolve around countering APM for a change.
    -Like a hunter that specializes in evasion, for example a passive of 10% chance that if you get hit by an auto it misses (creeps & gods only, not towers or jungle bosses).
    -Ullr is easily an S tier god, he is literally the king of all hunters and button pushers, give me a hunter that can actually get inside a good ullrs little 55 range bubble of death so I can finally fight them for a change rather then them pressing a button walking away, waiting for CD, repeat and repeat until you can kill begin ullr snowballing operations from there, the god is literally brain dead and skill less once you learn how to aim and is a free win and snowball starter in the hunters lane every time unless you are significantly outclassed in terms of skill). like give me a hunter god that can get in there and has an ultimate that allows it to blink with out a cool down but an aiming system for it like a rama roll (the down side would be that the blink mana cost would be insanely high [like 500 or something at lvl 1 and 250 at lvl 4] and the god would also have half the normal hp gains per level of any hunter (starting hp would be the same) and almost no natural mana even at lvl 20. Basically requiring it to have a transcendence build, thus leaving it vulnerable until it gets its kill potential at level 5. In addition, if you get locked down even once then you're pretty much screwed since you have half the hp gains and armor gains per lvl as everyone else, furthermore since it is not really a blink its an ult it would follow different rules (you can blink even after you deal damage, but if you take damage then the ability goes on cool down for X seconds [minions don't count, but gods, towers, titans, and everything in the jungle does]). Someone like Zhong kui or any DOT ability/item would just poo all over this new hunter). If only there was some kind of penetrating and crushing mace type item that did damage over time, that almost never gets picked up by hunters because why would they, hmmmm!!! APM vs DPS.
    -Guardians blessing comes online around 5:30 mins into a game, if held for an additional 20 mins it produces approximately 1500gold, maybe we could have an economy hunter who has weak ability based attack stats but stronger scaling stats thus it revolves around the idea of economy and end game instead of early game and rushing to the next strongest power curve. its passive could be that everything in the store costs 5% less or something and you would want to stack a guardians blessing on them to get as much $ as quick as possible and give it sustain similar to cupids. The downside is you get bullied in lane early game and probably killed a lot if you suck, and most likely are going to lose your jungle right from the start unless someone helps you (you are giving up early game and snowball potential for a stronger end game, that's the trade).
    -I want an Assassin that counters ability based gods but loses to boxing gods (with abilities that specialize in doing bonus damage to players that are using high mana pool builds like book of thooth and trans. but when that players mana falls below X amount then the assassin loses its ability to do big bonus damage numbers and drain as much mana. Forcing players to either use it or lose it, you can't just sit on it anymore. Just like they had in old school DOTA [look up Diffusal blade -Applies a mana loss first, and then bonus damage based on the mana it burns]).
    -I want supports that can lock the entire enemy team with in X range, out of their ability to use relics for a few seconds unless they use an ability to get CC cleansed (you could say that this would give Chiron and Chang'e a HEL of a lot more play if you see what I did there).
    -A lot of supports (not all) struggle with not falling too far behind, balancing farm time and doing their job, and having that strong global impact when compared to other gods (thor, rat, susano, Apollo, jing wei, neith, etc). Maybe there could be a support whos ultimate applies a global slow, similar to nu wa's ult, except It does practically nothing for damage and It can stack with a gem of iso on it to be much more potent if hit at the right moment. Stack that with chernobog's ulti, a hunter who rarely seems to get picked up anymore and you aren't going no where with out a sprint or beads. This would be a helpful step towards bringing utility back into the meta.
    - Maybe a support that can use an ultimate to not only boost healing received fairly significantly (when combo'd with the healing rod) but it cleanses all anti healing effects (except fire giant's) for team mates in X range and makes them immune to it for a short time and triggers all friendly stone gaia passives on your team (coding wise it would be as easy as doing any knock up code but you just trigger it from an ally not an enemy, or just make a new knock up class all together that targets allies but has no negative effects, it is just something that triggers stone of gaia, you wouldn't even have to give this new class a name, it can just be a hidden mechanic kind of like what hide of the nemion lion does to life steal builds]). This would do wonders to help healers get back into the meta, especially with all of the overwhelming amounts of anti heal in current day smite. In addition to make non meta items useful again, stone of gaia, mail of renewal, meditation etc would all stack or synergize in some way with that healing boost. Hard Armor vs Hard healing/Regeneration (that isn't just hp5 based).
    - Maybe an assassin that suicide bombs for an ulti. The ulti would require a charge up time and blink would be disabled during this time. (it does true damage, but does not scale, it cant hurt towers or jungle bosses, it can be aegis'd. The passive is reduced time spent dead or that you could actually buy your way back into the game once every 5 minutes or so. Downside would be increased time spent stunned, slowed, further knockbacks/knock ups. This would cause players to consider CC reduction items a little bit more and movement items on both sides. In addition, Combo'd with khepri that could be a really fun god, imagen all of the panic type moments going down on stream of "OH DEAR GOD, HE'S COMING RIGHT FOR ME, I NEED AN ADULT FAST!!!").
    - My point is that it is sooo boring to see the same high burst dmg strats and builds, damage is the only way to win, the same few top gods being picked for team comps, the same go here and do this before X time has passed, and the same idea that the only way to win is to out DPS someone. When you build new gods, please target something other then the idea of how much DPS do we give this god! Bring about new metas!! Bring about gods that do something other then just DPS TO WIN and that can synergize well with gods that are not picked regularly! These new gods have to be potent enough at countering an enemies APM to keep up with the DPS playstyle, but not so potent that it makes it unfun for DPS meta/playstyle players either.

I am not saying get rid of DPS meta/playstyles, I am saying lets introduce new meta/playstyles to spice up the game a bit. APM vs DPS vs Utility, Economy builds vs Power curves, early game vs late game, regeneration vs armor etc.
    Last edited by BravoJuliet4me; 12-30-2019 at 11:55 AM. Reason: clearity
    Proud Leader of Clan Wakka

http://wakkawakka.ml

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BravoJuliet4me's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoJuliet4me View Post
    like give me a hunter god that can get in there and has an ultimate that allows it to blink with out a cool down but an aiming system for it like a rama roll
    -Clearity of vision-
    Aside from her ulti she is meant to be a boxing god not ability based. She will need an attack steroid and x% splash damage to clear minions when ppl try to hide in their waves, otherwise the enemy will just tower hug until waves come (kind of like how you counter freya). The ulti is intended to be a chain of smaller blinks then what we are used to. The higher mobility will result in enemies being disoriented constantly trying to re acquire their target that's how she wins, you can not hold still with her because if you get hit you're pretty much dead. The half hp gains is meant to give a starting point as to how to balance out her high mobility and leave room for counter play. 55 range is too much mobility, I just want a god that can blink through things like a thana scythe, ullr 3+1 combo, and amc 4+1. As it is a god that is literally meant to eat your APM, that's how she wins (unless you suck, then you're food). the range of the ulti blink should be set around 20, this way you have enough mobility to dodge stuff but not so much that you can just blink your way out of anything. Reflect damage does not lock her ulti down either as reflect dmg is already super strong in the game, however mystic mail does and will put her ulti on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoJuliet4me View Post
    -A lot of supports (not all) struggle with not falling too far behind, balancing farm time and doing their job, and having that strong global impact when compared to other gods (thor, rat, susano, Apollo, jing wei, neith, etc). Maybe there could be a support whos ultimate applies a global slow, similar to nu wa's ult, except It does practically nothing for damage and It can stack with a gem of iso on it to be much more potent if hit at the right moment. Stack that with chernobog's ulti, a hunter who rarely seems to get picked up anymore and you aren't going no where with out a sprint or beads. This would be a helpful step towards bringing utility back into the meta.
    -clearity-
    This god's kit needs to be a damage over time based god with a dot ulti, this way gem of iso is a natural item to want for his kit.
    Last edited by BravoJuliet4me; 12-30-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    Proud Leader of Clan Wakka

http://wakkawakka.ml