Thread: Hi-Rez encourages cyber-bullying.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SirPapouille's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Hi-Rez encourages cyber-bullying.

I lost count of how many times I got reported by my team for poor behaviour. After a match, I would receive a warning message telling me that if I keep getting reported, I will be sanctionned (suspended or banned).

The funny thing is, I get reported by people who bully me during the match. People who address me insults and mockeries all match long, but because I talk back - because I stand up against bullying - they decide to report me, just to add injury to the insults.

And the thing is, it works. Hi-Rez just want to *show* that they discourage behaviour that ruins the experience for other people by implementing a report system, yet they don't punish the actual bullies, they just give warnings to players who are reported multiple times. This not only has for effect that the toxic players don't care about reports and BM, troll, feed, throw, etc. to their hearts content, but also that they feel empowered by the possibility of reporting other players for no reason and that those players could effectively be sanctionned.

The death of Smite won't be because players have stopped playing because they don't like the game in itself anymore, but because they are fed up with a toxic community who is actually encouraged to be toxic by the developpers themselves.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead MansMortel's Avatar
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I absolutely disagree. Hi-rez does not encourage cyber bullying whatsoever. The report system has been made to better understand why players in specific games get reported (e.g. intentional feeding, harassment,...) this way they know what to look at when rewatching games. with enough data players will eventually get banned based on a computer.

Now cyber bullying: Cyber bullying is something we see everywhere online on every platform. Game communities are generally known to be more toxic than others.

You said you get reported because you talk back and stand up for yourself. these are two different things. you can stand up for yourself in many ways without needing to insult the other party. you ignore them, or tell them your opinion in a decent way. If you then still get reported you might get the message again but don't worry as long as you haven't broken any rules you won't get banned. No matter how often the message appears.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 838
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    I disagree, Hi-Rez doesn't encourage cyber bullying, they issued a suspension and told me it was because I said "Eat S***" but was taken out of context, however the issue I find with Smite is described below.

Hi-Rez doesn't do enough about Griefing, or New Players.

You play a forced role in smite even though you got a role system many times someone maybe given a role they don't fill ex ADC, or Support, which are my absolute worst I can feed mega hard on.

- You Don't Rotate Properly, or (Leave Lane) when people call it you are threatened and harassed with reports.
    - You feed because your carry, or support isn't doing anything useful you get reported / threatened (EX Carry hitting creeps after sup has frozen an enemy with ymir 3.
    - As a new player or returning player who hasn't played in a long time these experiences are true :\.

This can have a negative impact on a persons mental health, for example i've ran into games where people encourage suicide on voice, my addiction / autism, or way of disagreement or seeing things isn't helpful with people who see the game as only being played (One Way.)

Even when not playing someones specfied way many times i've came out with a win as long as people aren't "toxic brats".

With the report system too many reports for feeding, or anything pretty much gets your account suspend, yet the abusers who harassment chat, and voice often get away with it, I suggest a policy that clearly states that calling for reports in game chat or on voice can result in a suspension on a users own account. If users feel someone is abusive they can report at their own free will This is what Riot Games does and i've not had a suspension in 3 years now since role selection went in.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    My take on this...

Just mute everyone at the start of the match.
    It's what I do. Communication's fine, but overrated.
    I'd rather focus on the match than be distracted by pointless toxicity.

Take it from a guy who also generally vocally disapproves of bad behaviour. Can't respond if I don't even see/hear it in the first place.

I don't care if it's "not standing up to bullying", "weakness/thin skin", or whatever else. This solution works for me, and generally I do not get reported whatsoever, not even when I was just starting out in Smite.

Fighting fire with fire just creates more fire.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BUTT4LUG's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancmark View Post
    My take on this...

Take it from a guy who also generally vocally disapproves of bad behaviour. Can't respond if I don't even see/hear it in the first place.

I don't care if it's "not standing up to bullying", "weakness/thin skin", or whatever else. This solution works for me, and generally I do not get reported whatsoever, not even when I was just starting out in Smite.

dont tell this to the firefighters, who regualrly fight fire with fire.....sometimes in order to beat a troll (fire) you need a bigger troll (fire) to consume the fuel (trolls)

i always fire back at trolls, usually i shut them down, because to be honest im a bigger troll (if i chose to be) and most just get relegated to spamming vel when they know that cant troll someone for those ohhh so important tears.

Junior Member Cupidhead Pochatok's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancmark View Post
    My take on this...

agree. if you do no reaction you don't rock the pendulum and aggressors have no fuel to keep them rage against you. I just use mute after one bad word for my direction or first VGS spam