Thread: Cerberus passive doesn't work

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SirPapouille's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Cerberus passive doesn't work

I confirmed it in many different situations, Cerberus does NOT receive any healing from enemy gods. I've been close to Change, Aphrodite, Hel, Sylvanus, Hercules, and more and more while they were healing themselves, paid close attention to my health, and it didn't go up one bit.

Also I doubt it reduces the healing of enemy gods. Even if I stack an anti-healing aura like Pestilence, debuff the enemy with Divine Ruin, enemy gods can just sustain back to full health as fast as if I wasn't there.

I just went against a King Arthur who built Mantle of Discord, Transcendance, Gladiator Shield, Pestilence, Heartseeker and Soul Eater, and even with all my antiheal stacked he could heal back from 10% to 100% HP in a nadful of seconds. (Also he could bring me from 100% to 0% health in less than 5 seconds, even though I had maxed physical defense, for some reason. But eh, Hi-Rez won't even admit that a warrior is broken.)

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 748
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Thats because Cerberus passive only works against ability healing, not item healing, and in your case against Arthur that's why you weren't getting anything. I was just playing him last night and I was successfully stealing healing from the Aphrodite and Baron I was against since it was proc'ing my lotus crown. Keep in mind you won't see it much if at all early game cause low healing numbers usually, you need to be really freaking close, it has to be healing from abilities that you are stealing and if your team built antihealing, that directly affects the healing you steal. They actually need to be healing for you to get your passive. If y'all stacked 100% antiheal against them before taking into account your passive, then that's why. You can't steal healing if there's no healing for you to steal.

That said, his passive does say "healing" as a general term, and not that it steals healing from abilities which really should be clarified.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SirPapouille's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Thanks for the reply that didn't take into consideration anything I've said.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DarkonSA's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 634
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Actually it did, the keyword was "ability" their healing at close range the passive reduced 20%, if they heal 100hp, it goes to 80hp that they still get while you get 40hp out of it. (not sure on the order of it ) Proc'ing with lotus crown will tell you when its happening.. For your instance of KA that is pure and simple Lifesteal triggered by ability, which is not healing by any definition. Chaac's 3 would proc it, and I think ach 2, herc 3 would too. KA procs glad and soul eater on every ability, so if you want to take him down, divine , ankh, upgraded thorns, your only choice, pest is kinda a waste because you cant count on the reduction it cannot be quantified. (though both pest and contagion are nice armor)
    Obviously, med, pots, bracer, etc will not be affected, no life-steal will be affected by his passive.
    But Baron, Aphro, Chang'e, Isis heals will be. And I think Chaac (3), Herc(3), Chiron - any abilty, Ach (2+) , Sol(1) , may be but I've never tested it.
    bottom line, its a "nice" not a "must exploit"
    -4star cerb