Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Teach New Players.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 778
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Teach New Players.

For those of you that have been around and have very little patience for new players doing stupid shit or not even understanding what a moba is... I FEEL you, and I just raged myself. I've been playing this game since before open beta and I truly love the game...

If this is going to keep on going, we have to do better than what I just did and rage at people building a tank Anubis in SIEGE, Not knowing how to rotate and generally just not having knowledge of how the game works.

There's 300 people here, it's 300 of the 2k online. A LOT of those guys are not going to read the forums.. Like ever. So posting guides on here or youtube will only encourage those who give enough fucks to youtube it.

Bottom Line: If we don't suffer through a shit Conquest (hour long game) and have patience with these new people, this game is going die. These younger folks aren't gonna get instant gratification and if we don't at least boost them up with words and add an explanation to help them, then we're going to be the new "Toxic" community; Because no one helped. ...

I normally get on here and bitch about assault and balance... But after playing this past week, I've noticed that people are truly inexperienced and I've Seen a LOT of hate in several game modes... We gotta stop being internet asshats if we want this game to succeed. We must have patience and talk to these kids.

I drink alcohol, I carry most everyone every single time I play and I care about the game but I don't really wanna deal with all the bullshit responses that I'm gonna get regarding this post; So take it as it is and You Do you.

No response required.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 778
    Achievements:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 632
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    What you're saying is true for any competitive multiplayer game.
    CS:GO has this problem, DotA has this problem, LoL has this problem, ever heard of ELO hell?

There are newbies are there are noobs, you can either insult them and be toxic which only makes them focus less on the game, or try to help them by boosting them up with words and adding explanations. One works better than the other. There's also the case where they just ignore you, to that one you should just stop trying to explain things to them and play your own game the best you can.

The problems that SMITE face, and I mean no disrespect, is in my opinion the fault of Hi-Rez. They don't exactly encourage the community to be nice, to communicate.
    - The SMITE in-game chat can be expanded to include general talk, gods talk, asking for advice, maps talk, stuff like that.
    - It still annoys me that there's no "all chat feature" in SMITE, but they don't do that out of fear of increasing the likelihood of toxic behaviors like bad-mouthing, trash talking, and trolling, which is a shame as it sacrificed immersion.
    - If you want the community to be nice, encourage them to be nice and punish those who aren't nice, encourage them to communicate and bound together, don't force people to be nice as that doesn't work and usually has the opposite effect.
    - Take the example of GTA Online, you can do a lot of profanity in GTA Online, there are no restrictions or repercausions, but I've rarely seen arguments in GTA Online, I've even rarely seen people just randomly killing each other in the street, because that is an ass move and nobody wants to be an ass. It's about costums and culture, if everybody is doing it then it's not an ass move, if nobody is doing it and is frowned upon by the community itself, then it's an ass move and people will generally avoid doing it, Hi-Rez should work with that.
    - The Refer a Friend system is bugged and nobody cares about it anymore.
    - They could maket their game a lot better though, the "Battlefield for Gods" is a lot more intersting lore-wise and gameplay-wise than DotA and LoL but sufferts from low publicity, at least it still has eSports.

New Member Cupidhead NissanZaxima's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    New player here, started 2 weeks ago or so. I think it really helps to have friends who have been playing for awhile to help explain how the game works as you play. Luckily I had 2 buddies with a lot of experience that are still doing this. Started off by playing a lot of arena to get use to a few characters I like and general team battle stuff (I know the team battles are a lot different in arena but its a start). Then they took me over to joust and got use to that for awhile and eventually assault lately where I am having a lot of fun learning new characters.

Without playing with them I would probably still be on auto build for characters in arena/joust and wouldn't even think about touching assault. I am slowly but surely starting to understand how to build what characters what ways depending on the match... still have a LONG ways to go but things are clicking a lot more. When I first started I thought I would never get off of auto build because the amount of options are overwhelming.

For brand new players with no one around on comms to help them I could see how amazingly difficult and frustrating this game could be without someone kind of giving you a general guide of what you should be doing based on your character and team comp.

New Member Cupidhead Witchchild's Avatar
    You cant teach for shit! they wont respond in chat at all

New Member Cupidhead NissanZaxima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchchild View Post
    I think a big problem is if you are a new player small chat commands really aren't going to help, if anything it might make a player more confused. Different players will grasp the game at different paces. A lot of players just aren't receptive to constructive criticism or instructions though.. gamer ego thing I suppose.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchchild View Post
    I do, but as a bronz noob at plat games all the time. they mostly wish to me, my family and my far relatives death
    I dont want to play against 10 level mastry 160 lvl plat player you know counting death timer isnt fun...

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    First and foremost, it's up to the player if they want to learn or not. Most of the times, they learn by joining in ques and mashing buttons. There are many videos and guides out there for a new player to absorb new knowledge, but many wont.

Then you have clans. Unfortunately, clans here on smite usually have dead chat because everyone is mainly playing a game. There will be times chat will be busy, but I don't think it's common because players are too engage in their game to multitask by typing on chat. Clan chat not active is also detrimental to new players because if a new player ask a question in a clan that has 75 people online, and they don't respond because they are too busy playing a game.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Hello there.
    I'm a new player so i'm a bit conncern (sorry for my english)

I already play some MOBA (lol or hots) so i'm not totally lost in smite. But the meta and the way to play is different.

At first duke if you play on ranked you should not be with knew player to distrub you no?

1) As a knew player i find difficult to find good tutorial and guide on this game. Cause wen i start a game like a moba we want find intel on champ or meta.

Of curse we find it (like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egPMmzLGM9A )
    But their is less contend than other moba, less easy to find what we want. Sometime intel are useless cause 3 years past.
    Of curse we always find what we want but theire is less communication.

If i write here it's cause i dodge a game cause i was not assigne to one of the tow role that i choose. someone tell to me to dodge and i have a HUGE timing (11 Hours). I got no intel about that and i was thinking about other moba dodge for exemple^^

2) No clan
    I try to find a clan based on my country. When i find one of them the recruitement clan was 1 or 2 year ago and already close. I guess theire is no much player in smite. A clan is a nice way to improve, specially for new.

I know that i do some bulshit in game but i try do search intel, (its why i'm in this forum also). I will always be gratfull if someone try to explain. it's a bit boring for older i agree^^
    Last edited by alnaee; 12-26-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Achievements:
    here is all a new player needs to know:

Go find another game. This one has more issues that I can list. Your gonna hate it.