Thread: The Vigilant Update - PTS Issues Thread

HiRez Staff Follower HiRezIsiah's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,030
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran

The Vigilant Update - PTS Issues Thread

Hey everyone!

PTS for The Vigilant Update is LIVE!

You can find the full Update Notes here.

Please post any bugs or issues found from PTS here and check out SMITE's newest God - Heimdallr! Also, feel free to leave any feedback you have about any of the latest God and item changes!

For instructions on how to download and participate in the PTS visit this link.

Known Issues

• Heimdallr's Piercing Sight ability can break if killed while using it, leaving the ability unable to be cast
    • Hemidallr's The Bifrost ability sometimes does not reveal enemies
    • Auto-Run does not work when entering the escape menu

Full Keyboard & Mouse Support
    • This feature is still currently in developement and we've got many more fixes that will be coming in throughout this PTS cycle
    • In PTS, this feature will still be showing some Dev only UI that is not intended to go live. Specifically the Scoreboard.
    • PC players continuing to play KBM on PTS, please let us know if anything unintended has changed. Your experience should remain the same.
    • PC players who want to try gamepad mode on PTS, please let us know how your experience goes
    • We're prepared for hotfixes when this goes live as this feature is massive and touches every part of the game, be sure to hit us with all your feedback as you test this new feature!
    Last edited by HiRezIsiah; 11-26-2019 at 07:54 PM.
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

New Member Cupidhead GrimTheBóhb's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Can't log into PTS

Quote Originally Posted by HiRezIsiah View Post
    Hey everyone!

PTS for The Vigilant Update is LIVE!

You can find the full Update Notes here.

Please post any bugs or issues found from PTS here and check out SMITE's newest God - Heimdallr! Also, feel free to leave any feedback you have about any of the latest God and item changes!

For instructions on how to download and participate in the PTS visit this link.

Known Issues

• Heimdallr's Piercing Sight ability can break if killed while using it, leaving the ability unable to be cast
    • Hemidallr's The Bifrost ability sometimes does not reveal enemies
    • Auto-Run does not work when entering the escape menu

Full Keyboard & Mouse Support
    • This feature is still currently in developement and we've got many more fixes that will be coming in throughout this PTS cycle
    • In PTS, this feature will still be showing some Dev only UI that is not intended to go live. Specifically the Scoreboard.
    • PC players continuing to play KBM on PTS, please let us know if anything unintended has changed. Your experience should remain the same.
    • PC players who want to try gamepad mode on PTS, please let us know how your experience goes
    • We're prepared for hotfixes when this goes live as this feature is massive and touches every part of the game, be sure to hit us with all your feedback as you test this new feature!

Hey, I'm having issues where, when I log into the PTS I get this weird bugged thing that says check box where I have two text boxs and three buttons. I can't seem to do anything and when I escape I get stuck in a never ending logging in screen. On another note, when I try to exit game, with esc then pressing the button. I get it the same issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it still persists.
    https://ibb.co/Sf1HZvv
    Last edited by GrimTheBóhb; 11-26-2019 at 11:58 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead djdog37's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 719
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Full Profile!

Lightbulb The Vigilant Update PTS report

My findings so far...

- Heimdallr's Through the Realms ability will sometimes not render Muspelheim and Niflheim, resulting in
    the target character flying around in blank space.
    - Heimdallr's Piercing Sight vision aura will continue to reveal enemy gods at all points during its
    travel to its re-fired target location.
    - Players are warned on their debuff bars when Heimdallr's passive has proc'ed on them, allowing for enemy
    players to precisely counter ward.
    - Heimdallr's The Bifrost ability can be spammed for fast and consistent auto-attack cancels and Hydra's
    Lament procs.

- Soul Piercer Achilles, armor equip voice lines are reversed / miss-matched.

- Lost Soul King Arthur, Excalibur's Wrath sounds and visual effects repeat after the ult has ended if the
    player continues to hold their primary attack key during any point of the ultimate's sequence.

- The Mighty Storm Jormungandr, during his ultimate, upon arriving at his destination during each of his 3
    leaps, the model will occasionally twist its head unnaturally before entering the ground.

- Witchbane Izanami, If Spectral Projection encounters an enemy the normal spinning animation of the
    crossbow will break and continue rigid.
    Last edited by djdog37; 11-27-2019 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Added Piercing Sight
    Oftentimes, it is the people no-one imagines anything of, that do the things no-one can imagine.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I have a problem with the Smite PTS. My problem is that I cannot enter the PTS, I mean it opens but it does not let me log in. "The version of Smite does not match, please update Smite" and I cannot find an "Update" I need Help! please!!! ... if you need My Discord to contact me is "Sant0zzz # 7301" Thanks

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TruchoMc View Post
    I have a problem with the Smite PTS. My problem is that I cannot enter the PTS, I mean it opens but it does not let me log in. "The version of Smite does not match, please update Smite" and I cannot find an "Update" I need Help! please!!! ... if you need My Discord to contact me is "Sant0zzz # 7301" Thanks
    What platform are you playing on? Through the launcher or through Steam?
    Seems that the Steam PTS client is on average more stable than the launcher version right now.

-- That is usually the error given when the PTS servers are not up, unlike live client servers, PTS servers can go down at any given time for hotfixes or maintenance, if you want to know when the PTS is up, follow the SMITE Twitter or Facebook feeds; status of the PTS is usually updated on there regularly.
    Oftentimes, it is the people no-one imagines anything of, that do the things no-one can imagine.

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 587
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I'm assuming this particular interaction shouldn't be happening because of what was said on the Patch Show. https://clips.twitch.tv/SilkyThankfulDunlinThisIsSparta Specifically occuring is that I don't have to stand in the Bifrost Crystal to travel. I can just walk through it and after its warmup is done, it just pulls me from wherever I am and sends me across the line.

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 587
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Jade Emporer's Crown still shows that it's reducing 30 physical power as its aura in the description instead of 20 like the patch notes says.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkNightblade View Post
    I'm assuming this particular interaction shouldn't be happening because of what was said on the Patch Show. https://clips.twitch.tv/SilkyThankfulDunlinThisIsSparta Specifically occuring is that I don't have to stand in the Bifrost Crystal to travel. I can just walk through it and after its warmup is done, it just pulls me from wherever I am and sends me across the line.
    Can confirm that this is happening, surprised I didn't notice that in my testings, nice find.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 765
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    mute doesn't work at least for me
    When i try to type my password when i type from num pad the window to exit the game pops up. No prob with the numbers above the letters

New Member Cupidhead RitualDesert987's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Yemoja's Omi is not going up with the level up goals of her new passive in some matches. You only get 8/10 Omi.