Thread: How is no one complaining about the global stuttering issue in this game?

New Member Cupidhead EpicMagnus's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

How is no one complaining about the global stuttering issue in this game?

Does no one notice the awful stutter/chopping/freezing in this game? It's making the game nearly unplayable to the point where my friends and I can't handle it anymore are on the verge of uninstalling. I am 90% sure that this a global issue(not local) and I believe it's likely a network related cause.

I have already documented the problem and sent it to Hi-Rez support who said they were able to replicate the issue, which is that there is stutter every 5-20 seconds that causes the 0.1% low-fps to drop significantly, down to roughly 20-30 depending on your base fps. I have also had several friends test this and they all have the same problem. I have tried everything possible to fix the issue on my end but clearly this is bigger than a local PC issue.

So, why is no one else commenting about this problem? How can you stand the stutter?

If you would like to see if you can replicate the issue on your PC here are the steps:

Basically all it involves is download MSI Afterburner and setting up benchmarking, then going in Smite and testing your 0.1% fps.

Here is youtube video showing how to set up Afterburner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X028D73ES08

After this is setup, just go into Smite - any map it doesn't matter(I go into the Jungle Training map) and check your 0.1% low fps. Dropping down to 20 is NOT normal for any game. Games such as Destiny 2, much more demanding titles don't even have this issue at all. This is literally what stuttering is.

Junior Member Cupidhead jadcloet's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I've got the same problem since the RWBY patch, do you have any more info?

Achievements:
    So I've tried this with MSI Afterburner in jungle practice:
    23-11-2019, 14:29:34 Smite.exe benchmark completed, 13164 frames rendered in 111.500 s
    Average framerate : 118.0 FPS
    Minimum framerate : 56.7 FPS
    Maximum framerate : 147.7 FPS
    1% low framerate : 51.1 FPS
    0.1% low framerate : 3.3 FPS
    I started the benchmark while in practice en stopped it again while still there, so this is only from in game (no loading, lobby,...).
    So the 0.1% framerate is horrible, how can this be fixed? This started with the RWBY patch.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 639
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    I know since before this patch NA server has had a problems at random times where lag hits for a while, never know when or for how long.

I go to EU, no problems though I should have lag due to being across an ocean from them.

New Member Cupidhead EpicMagnus's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I don't really have more info on this because there's nothing a end-user can do to fix this as far as I know. This seems to be on the client/server side.

Achievements:
    @wildstreak: I'm actually a EU player
    @epicmagnus: you had contact with hi-rez support right? They didn't say anything else besides that they were able to replicate it? Are they trying to fix it?

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 374
    personally ive had absolutely zero stutter or lag.

this is helpful for you because as I post my dxdiag, the devs can rule out anything that may be causing it. ive not lagged or stuttered even a little bit over 80 hours or so in the last 2 weeks.

https://pastebin.com/je36hmXE

quick reference though

i5 6500
    RX 480
    8GB 2666 ram

19.10.2 amd graphics drivers version.