Thread: New Players Smite Experience

New Member Cupidhead MeatSlinger3000's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

New Players Smite Experience

I spent the last few weeks grinding this game (I believe I'm level 28), & I hands down walked away from that experience being fully convinced that this is quite likely the worst MOBA in the entire genre. That may seem quite negative, but it's just the unfiltered truth. In fact, my time spent on this game was so incredibly unenjoyable that I felt compelled to write a post about it, & in doing so list the #1 problem I faced as a new Smite player: Smurfs.

But before I dive into this game's smurf problem, I'll briefly touch base on how I first came to Smite. I discovered this game through various YouTubers who would upload videos of them playing Conquest (Incon & Weaken), & I was sold pretty much immediately on the game—it genuinely looked fun. In fact, I've nearly played Conquest mode exclusively since I unlocked it due to how fun it seemed on YouTube. The first few games were...chaotic, to say the least, but fun nonetheless. Although, the majority of that fun pretty much came to a screeching halt before I even got ~20 Conquest games under my belt, & this was due to the fact that quite literally over 90% of all the matches I played ended in early surrender brought on by the fact that the new players in those games were effectively being harassed by smurfs. Winning games felt more like it was RNG-based than anything else: The team with the smurfs would win by a landslide & force the early surrender; therefore if the matchmaking system teamed you with smurfs you'd win, & if it didn't you were guaranteed a loss. It felt incredibly cheap.

Fast-forward a few weeks & I'm pretty much at the point where I no longer feel motivated to play the game at all, & this is nearly entirely due to the sheer amount of smurfs who ruin the game for newer players. It's sad to see a game with so much potential be brought down by such a cheap & lame phenomenon.

Hi-Rez devs, you should at least consider addressing this issue, because I guarantee you I'm not in the minority when it comes to how new players experience this game—& this genuinely makes your game look bad.
    Last edited by MeatSlinger3000; 11-07-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I don't know how level progression is now, but if it is like the beta times, if you're at level 28, you should be able to fight anyone, no matter if the it's long time player or not, now if they changed so you level up super fast, then you should focus on mastering all the current 106 gods, so you can fight anyone, that's the first thing i did, and ever do when i come back to play. But yeah, smurfs are a big problem, though, theres no much point into doing it, as you're receiving no reward for winning the battles on accounts other than your own.
    Last edited by Menolly; 11-07-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    its no where near the beta times with all the booster and stuff. ppl are level in no time.
    Smurfs kills the game and the mm but it also makes smite look good in numbers.