Thread: No more automated bans!

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

No more automated bans!

I just got a notification that I was reported for AFKing in game when I literally never do that unless an emergency pops up, which it didn't. Considering the fact that I just spent $130 on this game, I'm not going to be happy if I end up banned just because some people weren't happy with how well or poorly I played the game. Everyone has a bad game here and there. And of course if I get banned because of the automated ban system, all the money I spent on this game is wasted. Either dedicate a few people to properly looking through reports or get rid of the ban system entirely. People are going to be rude and troll regardless, people who are actually trying to play the game shouldn't be punished because angry people want to abuse the report system. Now I won't lie, I did play poorly in the last game I played, but that is not a breach in the ToS or listed as a "bannable offense". I shouldn't be afraid to play the game because I might get banned because I wasn't the perfect player with over a thousand points of IQ. Now if I were to deliberately AFK or leave the game, that would be one thing. I would have properly earned the ban. same if I said something offensive (even though people have literally told me to get cancer and die and were reported by me to no avail). If the ban system is handled well, then it's a welcome feature, but when it becomes something that can be exploited to ban people who look at you funny, it's doing more harm than good. And I'll admit that I've let my temper get the better of me and said things I probably shouldn't have, but never to the extent the others have gone to. I've been playing this game since Beta, before Poseidon was even added if I recall correctly. I like this game for the most part, even with its issues. I don't want to be blocked from playing because of sloppy or lazy report and ban systems. I've been banned from games before (Guild Wars 2 because they thought I was buying/selling in game currency, which I wasn't) and didn't really care. But Smite is the reason I know one of my best friends. I don't want to lose access to it for something I didn't do. The Shadowban system is fine, blocking access to chat when you're being excessively rude or spammy. But when you're talking about revoking access to an entire game because of angry teammates? That's too much.
    Last edited by Korrakk; 10-17-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Doesn't matter if you spent $130 or $1000 on this game. You don't own the game. You own a licence to play the game and that licence can be revoked no matter how much you spend.

That said, one report does absolutely squat. If your repeatedly reported, then you're in trouble.

Also, no game devs ban for no reason. They don't 'think' you did something wrong, they know you did, otherwise you wouldn't have a ban in place. There is no such thing as, 'i didn't do it', when everything you do in game is logged.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead NerfBellona's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Waaa cry more