Thread: Need some help with Cerberus

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    The first in flight good ol' North Carolina (Get over it Ohio)
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class

Need some help with Cerberus

Ok so I like Cerberus, and want to be able to play him better. But I am complete garbage with him. You know how you can play like a bunch of gods in the same class but then there is like 1 or 2 that you just can't play for some reason. Thats Cerb for me. I am not sure if I just dont know the best items on him but he seems like I just get tore up everytime I get in front of a enemy, like 100 to 0 instantly. I am not sure if he just doesnt have a lot of starting health or something but I can't play him for some reason. Any tips or tricks on how to get better as a Support/Bruiser Cerb?
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Firstly, try to not engage with your jump.

That's often the biggest cause of your downfall. You jump in and then when things turn sour and you need to get out you look down and see it's on CD...

So yeah, try to walk/blink in instead if you can help it (Unless you know that you won't need your jump to get back out again)

Secondly, practice landing his stun.

His only hard CC basic ability, which means his only damage mitigation tool, is one of the more difficult skillshots to land in the game, because you need to land with all 4 shots for it to actually stun, which given its cone can be tricky or outright impossible at certain ranges.

Thus, it's vitally important that you can land this consistently.

As far as items go, just your standard bruiser-y Guardian fair.

Stuff like BoV/Void/Midguardian/Oni Hunter/Genji/Spirit Robe/Discord with a little extra potential flavour from the likes of Iso/Spear of the Magus for some potential disgusting effects (Breath + Spear? 92 magical protection shred. Breath + Iso? 61% slow. Have fun.)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    The first in flight good ol' North Carolina (Get over it Ohio)
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post

That's often the biggest cause of your downfall. You jump in and then when things turn sour and you need to get out you look down and see it's on CD...

So yeah, try to walk/blink in instead if you can help it (Unless you know that you won't need your jump to get back out again)

His only hard CC basic ability, which means his only damage mitigation tool, is one of the more difficult skillshots to land in the game, because you need to land with all 4 shots for it to actually stun, which given its cone can be tricky or outright impossible at certain ranges.

Stuff like BoV/Void/Midguardian/Oni Hunter/Genji/Spirit Robe/Discord with a little extra potential flavour from the likes of Iso/Spear of the Magus for some potential disgusting effects (Breath + Spear? 92 magical protection shred. Breath + Iso? 61% slow. Have fun.)
    Ty. I have never been the greatest at guardians and am trying to get better. I can play a few pretty well but Cerb just seems so fun and has some cool abilites but I just couldnt play him for shit ya know? But thank you for the tips. I will most diffidently use them.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Hey! I'm a masters player for 4 years! We can discuss that on discord: daead#0314

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nannyi View Post
    Hey! I'm a masters player for 4 years! We can discuss that on discord: daead#0314
    do you have a time machine also?
    Rocking the boat

New Member Cupidhead Majestikkal's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post

I play Cerb a lot and he right about one thing. Having <BLINK> relic is key to starting engagements. But the trick is to first know who doesn't have <PURIFY> (Bubble) relic. So, hitting <TAB> within the first minute of the battle to see who has what <RELIC> is a good tactic to knowing how to proceed.

Wait for the other teammates to get close to the enemy to see what they have and then hit your <TAB> key, and find out who has <PURIFY>. This knowledge will give you an advantage. Find your opportune moment to engage several people who don't have it, then BLINK-in and pop your ULT!

If your team is patient and pays attention to the red crosshairs on the ground in front of you after you pop your ULT, then its gravy, but more often then naught, some wont have the reflexes, aim or mana to take advantage of your ULT. Which is why it is important to know your VGS commands!

Let the team know that your ULT is ready before you engage! If you don't know what the VGS commands are, you can find them on Google. Type SMITE VGS COMMANDS in the search bar.

LEARN THEM, MEMORIZE THEM, AND WIN MORE OFTEN.

So a typical engagement will go like this....

1. Game starts, teams are testing each other out, getting within range.

2. Hit <TAB> quickly and see what relics they have. No Purify, ***usually*** means that's your target.
    (However, some gods without purify, who are good players, with good reflexes can still get away.)

3. Wait for moment to grab more than one target.

4. Use VGS command "VVVR" (Ultimate is Ready) wait and see if your teammates respond. Noobs won't respond, Experienced players will respond with a "VVVR" also. This lets them know your about to invite someone to dinner.

5. Use your BLINK, and pop your ULT quick, then turn around and place crosshairs on ground close to your teammates.
    (If they aren't premature ejacu-ULTers, and wait for you, they can enjoy the dinner guest you brought them).

6. If you're good and have quick reflexes, after you pop your ULT and turn around to face your team, you can then hit your "Ghastly Breath" to slow them (Enemies in the center of his breath are also Slowed up to three times. This attack immediately puts all three of Cerberus's heads on Alert for Paralyzing Spit) to give your team another second to wake up and take advantage.
    (Again, this depends on the noobs in your team to <INSERT ULT HERE>).
    ~ If you also have Gem of Isolation built, oh its a wonderful sight to see them panic while running slow.

7. Pop your "Paralyzing Spit" for those trying to get away. AIM is crucial! Don't miss.

8. Enjoy being the hero of that engagement and wait for the inevitable <VER> "You Rock!"

~Good luck and hope to never encounter you using this tactic on me....
    Last edited by Majestikkal; 07-30-2019 at 05:48 PM.