Thread: Rework Thoth's kit.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter

Rework Thoth's kit.

I know there's gonna be a few people in here gonna go like "oh he doesnt need a change at all"
    but he does.
    he struggles in arena, he barely can hit anyone with any of his attacks, and he's really dependent on his third ability which sets him back.

What he's good at is great at lane clearing, but when it comes to god fights, he struggles too much.
    Rework his kit where you can have the first ability having the long range, whilst making his 3rd ability something else.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 731
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    What? No. Thoth is above mid tier in arena I think. Struggles in fights? Can hit God under CC and maybe 1-2 more with ult and that team fight is more or less over. Hint you don't need to fully charge ult to have it chunk pretty hard. Its almost impossible to get hold of a good thoth and they add damage in every fight and has cc to contribute to boot. Thoths 3 is one of the easier line attacks to land in the game as it travels and fires very quickly. If your team gets initiated on thoths dmg should be there and he should be quite far back. As soon as fight sways in your favor thoth can chase extremely well with his long range jump and low cd movement ability and should then move more to the front.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 10-13-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Cupidhead AspireCharisma's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    I just had a Thoth on my team last game, and they did really nice damage from a pretty good distance, I've never personally used him, but I havnt heard anything too bad about him though either.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 639
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Thoth is a god for high skilled players who can really use his 3+Basic, 3+1 and 3+Ult combos well.

I am not one of those.

If you want an easier Mage given that class has SO MANY to choose from, you have options.

Junior Member Cupidhead AspireCharisma's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Tbh... If you really want to use someone that has a good push, has good damage, and has many attacks, similar to thoth... then use Vulcan

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 766
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Thoth is... Okay. The big problem in his kit is his ultimate, which has a 3 second wind-up to get roughly the same result as Ra's ultimate, but on a waaaaaay longer cooldown. It also gets one of the loudest audio tells in the entire game to make sure that it will absolutely never hit anything.

His 1, 2, 3 function pretty well overall.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 731
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Thoths ult I think is slightly wider then ra, I think it is also slightly longer. I think both need about same skill to hit with.

It has a loud audio tell but if its not to far (say 40yds) it is almost impossible to juke it, you do not know when they release it. Going full charge with it, true it is hard to hit. But if you let it go after 2-2,5sec often it is much easier to hit with.

Also combo with thor or anything like that and the wind up time means almost nothing.

Thoth is good in arena, particularly in this tank meta as he uses etheral really well, also can use gem and spear of magus (even if magus is out of meta at the moment). I put him in A tier in this meta thanks to how important etheral is in the meta and how easy he can use it.
    Rocking the boat