Thread: [SERIOUS] Upcoming Changes To 'The Morrigan' in Odyssey Patch

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 362
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

[SERIOUS] Upcoming Changes To 'The Morrigan' in Odyssey Patch

There's really not much to say aside from the fact that with an 80 seconds cooldown at level 20 Morrigan ult can be used every 40~ seconds on average when using a 40CDR build with 4-5 ticks of Chrono's Pendant passive and at least 1 tick of Spear of Desolation passive. So the one simple question I have for the design team..

Where is the counter-play to this, if not in the early game?

I feel like changing the ult to a 120 seconds cooldown at all ranks would be far more acceptable, because in that specific scenario in late game with the aforementioned 40CDR build, it would raise the average cooldown of Morrigan ult to 65~ seconds.

To anyone who doesn't think it's that big of a deal I direct your attention to The Morrigan main who goes by the name of 'Yotsuyu'.

https://smite.guru/profile/7270092-Yotsuyu/champions

At the time I am making this post Yotsuyu has played The Morrigan in 5,388 matches with a total win rate of 75.97% and an average KDA of 4.24(Actual KD of 3.16). Additionally this player spends 63.4% of their matches in conquest(ranked & casual combined).

Junior Member Cupidhead Fortniteistrash's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    We need to see more morrigan's she's sexy.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift226 View Post
    There's really not much to say aside from the fact that with an 80 seconds cooldown at level 20 Morrigan ult can be used every 40~ seconds on average when using a 40CDR build with 4-5 ticks of Chrono's Pendant passive and at least 1 tick of Spear of Desolation passive. So the one simple question I have for the design team..

Where is the counter-play to this, if not in the early game?

I feel like changing the ult to a 120 seconds cooldown at all ranks would be far more acceptable, because in that specific scenario in late game with the aforementioned 40CDR build, it would raise the average cooldown of Morrigan ult to 65~ seconds.

To anyone who doesn't think it's that big of a deal I direct your attention to The Morrigan main who goes by the name of 'Yotsuyu'.

https://smite.guru/profile/7270092-Yotsuyu/champions

At the time I am making this post Yotsuyu has played The Morrigan in 5,388 matches with a total win rate of 75.97% and an average KDA of 4.24(Actual KD of 3.16). Additionally this player spends 63.4% of their matches in conquest(ranked & casual combined).
    You direct us to a player who is NOT using 40% CDR, sometimes 30 sometimes 10.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Morrigans CDR on ult doesn't cleanly scale off her own. Yeah if she doesn't burn the foe's ult she transforms in it's low but if she does she's locked to their CD's

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    Morrigans CDR on ult doesn't cleanly scale off her own. Yeah if she doesn't burn the foe's ult she transforms in it's low but if she does she's locked to their CD's
    This. Morrigan usually uses her ult to use the ult of someone else in 95% of cases. And when she does, she'll adopt their cooldown on their ult for hers provided their cooldown is longer then hers. If it isn't, then she uses her own CDR value.

Honestly I'm fine with this change. If she pops ult late game with full cdr and fails to use the ult in her Changling form, she isn't as severely punished for it.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,987
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Realistically, this change won't do anything for 95% of Morrigan players, it'll only matter if you don't get to ult.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkNightblade View Post
    This. Morrigan usually uses her ult to use the ult of someone else in 95% of cases. And when she does, she'll adopt their cooldown on their ult for hers provided their cooldown is longer then hers. If it isn't, then she uses her own CDR value.

Honestly I'm fine with this change. If she pops ult late game with full cdr and fails to use the ult in her Changling form, she isn't as severely punished for it.
    It may help more since more hunters are going CDR with that new crit item and trans so her ulting into them won't hurt.