Thread: Old problem - after player reconnect game resets all preferences in profile.

Junior Member Cupidhead Irridat's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Old problem - after player reconnect game resets all preferences in profile.

After the server disconnected you (or you had a lost connection), the game resets all profile settings (e.g. loading screens, commentator sets, frames) to the default settings. This happens always and for everyone. It is unclear why no action has yet been taken...

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 587
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I don't think they actually know how to fix this one tbh. I know they are aware of it since they mentioned it in a patch show a while back. I think this is mainly caused right now by the fact that if you do DC and the game crashes, it loads all the default settings since it doesn't launch the home screen first which contains all your profile information.

Junior Member Cupidhead Irridat's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkNightblade View Post
    I don't think they actually know how to fix this one tbh. I know they are aware of it since they mentioned it in a patch show a while back. I think this is mainly caused right now by the fact that if you do DC and the game crashes, it loads all the default settings since it doesn't launch the home screen first which contains all your profile information.
    Even with this case - why game rewrite preferences after reconnect? They can disable rewrite and problem be solved...

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 363
    why wouldn't they just load the player profiles in a hidden folder with a .json file or whatever and lock whatever isn't actually bought on the account to prevent people from exploiting just adding new stuff to their profile like skins?