Thread: Having tried new patched Anubis, I think I discovered his main problem.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points

Having tried new patched Anubis, I think I discovered his main problem.

He has too many weaknesses that he can do nothing about. Heres the list of what makes him die immediatly in a teamfight:

If enemy has beads, he's dead.

If enemy has aegis, he's dead.

If enemy uses more than one ult on him, he's dead.

If enemy has antiheal, he's dead.

If he has no beads, he's dead.

Even when you have beads, half the time you're still dead.

If he has aegis, he's still dead because he has no real peel.

If he gets dived on, he's dead.

If he gets poked once, he's out of the fight. Or dead.

Even when Khepri ults him, he's still dead.

He would be decent if you would make sure that he's NOT DEAD in at least half of those situations. He has no mobility and antiheal already counters him hard, so upping his damage to He Bo-level is one solution. Other solution is drastic survivability tweaks, like say his ult gets the same protection buff that Baron gets when he ults. Or after using 3 or 2, he gets a movement speed boost.

I get that he's God of Death but you're taking his moniker a little bit too literally.
    Last edited by MEITTI; 08-25-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Having played Anubis enough to get him to rank X, his main issue is his mobility. He has a hard time avoiding someone looking to pick a fight with him, so you usually either have to go all in on someone and hope they die (fine against a single target, not so easy when you're dealing with multiple enemies after you) or buy some time with your crowd control (your 2 + the slow on your 3) to give you a chance to make it back to your tower/teammates/base. You can also buy the speedboost relic to give yourself a sort of psuedo escape.

I disagree that he's necessarily dead if the enemy has either beads or aegis up. If they have both up then sure you're toast, but you can deal with one or the other. Beads only really stops your 2 (and the slow on your 3, but that doesn't matter as much) so if your ult is up you can either mow them down or force them to back off until it's over. Aegis will make your ult useless, but if they don't have beads hit them with your 2 to buy yourself some time to get into a more favorable position or wait out the aegis to take them out with your 3 & 1 together if they're squishy enough / at low enough health.

To be fair though your success rate will highly depend on how well your team covers for you. A good team will know you're a valuable glass cannon and do everything they can to peel for you and keep you alive. (An Anubis ulting the titan often wins the game by itself.) A bad team will let you die so they can take your kills then complain that you aren't doing anything. Team up with a good support player if you know one, it will likely make for a much better experience.
    I'm a PC player on NA looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 114; I have 60 gods mastered with 20 at rank V or higher and 6 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, Nemesis, Nu Wa, & Izanami). CST timezone; message me if interested. I have over 1.5K hours put into the game.

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Ok, so basically ur saying he's dead because he's a mage or people know how to counter him?

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    Ok, so basically ur saying he's dead because he's a mage or people know how to counter him?
    My point is he's trash compared to other glass cannon mages in the game. He needs a better buff than what he got if he is to compete with other gods in his class. Right now there is zero reason to pick him because most other burst mages either bring more utility (and ironically damage) to the table or are far less riskier and harder to dive.

Power creep has simply made him irrelevant over time. And I don't think antiheal items are going to get nerfed anytime soon either so he definitely needs tweaking, waiting for new item balance is not enough.