Thread: Fixing Nu Wa (without buffing damage)

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Glenot's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran

Fixing Nu Wa (without buffing damage)

Nu Wa has been out of meta for quite some time, and this is mainly due to two things:
    - She has no viable (and consistent) escape so she needs good positioning (which can conflict with the fact that she needs to be close up to deal damage)
    - She relies on super high power builds with high CD to be able to dish out the damage of any other mage (And with stacking and rod both being bad right now, getting a full CDR build sacrifices your ability to hit anywhere near 700 power)

Now those items will eventually come back into meta, and she already deals a fair amount without them (she just can't finish kills very easily without 700+ power) so I'm suggesting three very easy fixes for Nu Wa that could make her entirely viable again, without even touching her damage or base stats.

1.) While moving in a straight line, she can only stay in her fog for about 2 seconds before she out-speeds it. I suggest upping the speed of the fog to be equal to Nu Wa's base movement speed + boots +the 10% speed up she gets from being in it. This way she can use it as a more viable escape (like Kukulkan's Slip Stream). Possibly adding a slow immunity or an aoe slow would be nice too (seeing as He Bo, an even more glass-cannon mage has this in his carpet).

2.) Make the dash range from her minions a little longer (45 -> 50) And up the minion's speed to be slightly faster than Nu Wa's. The problem with her minions are that you have to be so close up to get them to dash correctly, and if the enemy just turns around then they won't be hit by them, making Nu Wa's main source of damage very inconsistent. Many other pets in the game that are essential parts of kits (Kaldr, Argus, Nene Kapa) have movement speeds FAR greater than Nu Wa's minions, even though her minions are the most essential part of her kit.

3.) Add a tooltip stating very clearly that only damage from the first exploding minion will apply. Yes that's right! Only the damage from 1 minion will count towards your overall damage! This is something that nearly no one in the community knows (which is why you get people maxing Nu Wa's 2 as fast as possible to get the third minion) and it is incredibly hard to see unless you are looking for it in a jungle practice.

So there are my three simple things that can completely fix Nu Wa, without having to buff her damage, stats, or cc (for the most part). These changes are as essential as the bug fixes on Xing Tian, Ne Zha, and Arthur, and would make her at least usable in the future.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 835
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Isnt a problem with fog speed that it is related to her wave clear? Faster fog means worse clear.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 644
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    I personally wish they'd reduce the cooldown on her minions and change her 1 entirely. It's a terrible "escape," her 3 clears better than her 1, you can't reliably damage gods with it as it's too easy to avoid / walk out of, and even for initiating it's not that great. Also making it so she's not so many hungry in the early game would be a huge help. I agree with your tooltip idea about the exploding soldiers though; I learned something new today.
    Last edited by Chiagirl; 08-27-2019 at 03:43 PM.
    I'm a NA PC player looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 117; I have 20 gods rank V or higher and 6 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, Nemesis, Nu Wa, & Izanami). CST timezone; message me if interested. I have 1.5K+ hours put into the game; IGN is MysticMidnight.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Isnt a problem with fog speed that it is related to her wave clear? Faster fog means worse clear.
    The inital hit is what does most damage. Most of the time 1+3 clears the 3 does the killing of the wave

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    The 3 is a stronger wave clear early, the Fog is good about mid-match on because you can 'fire and forget' into a wave then go somewhere else while the fog and your minions do the work.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    The 3 is a stronger wave clear early, the Fog is good about mid-match on because you can 'fire and forget' into a wave then go somewhere else while the fog and your minions do the work.
    But 3 has such a shorter cooldown at that point of the game and unless you are burning the fog so you can tag the wave and someone else tags it or you are COMPLETELY safe it's not exactly ideal wince you are burning you best juking tool on her.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I already tried and used the same arguments. Soon a lot of people show up saying you're wrong and Nu wa is great, but they never get her to play in Ranked.
    -I agree with the Dash of the minions, 45 to 50.
    -And also with the fog, though, I think she needs a little more MS, both the bonus and the fog. Something like 15% is enough. I don't think you need MS out of the fog, since it's a bonus designed just for those on the fog.
    But again, the fog needs to go faster! It's no use putting 80% MS bonus inside the fog if I get stuck in a limited location, do you agree?

In conclusion, I don't think they will change, but it is again the suggestion for someone to read.
    They will probably put a new magic item that gives MS and they will think it is good, forcing us to buy an item and always have it in the build, forgetting that other gods can also buy zzZzzZ

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 835
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Maybe a flat 5% ms boost on her. Lot of Gods past year has gotten this little love to sit better in meta.

I don't play nu wa at all as evident by my first post here
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Its biggest problem is the loud CD of the soldiers, without need. It should be 15s or 14s.

Other Mages have abilities with similar and even better effects, but with lower CD and faster application.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I like the idea of retaining the old functionality of the 1. The fog sticks around with you and gives you bonus MS like how it was in Old Wa's kit, and you can reactivate it to send it rolling forward as it does now.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.