Thread: If you ignore the Objective, on an objective based game.....

Hybrid View

Junior Member Cupidhead BFSCannon's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 657
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

If you ignore the Objective, on an objective based game.....

YOU DESERVE YOUR LOSS!

Plain and simple.
    If you sign onto a team to play baseball, then during the match tell everyone "I just came to toss the ball back and forth" as a reason why you dont try and get any outs. Then you dont get to complain about the rest of the team when You lose.

I personally am sick and tired of playing Joust or arena, or the game in general.
    and People completely ignore the minions and objectives (In joust, they ignore the towers, In arena they ignore the minions)
    and just treat the game like its just another TDM.
    I am at the point where I DONT care about my W/L ratio,I DONT care about My MMR.
    If you ignore the objective and just want to run around and chase every kill you can while the enemy attacks our pheonix,
    Then yeah, I will relax and go find something else to do,and you can deal with the loss. Because you didnt come on to play an objective based game. You came to play a "God themed" Call of duty TDM match. (Im too good, i got more kills than u, blah blah blah).

I have other things I can be doing.I came to play an OBJECTIVE based game,not watch people try and turn the game into just another "i got more killz then u" pissing contest. They chase kills all over the map but will not bat an eye at entire waves of minions walking right by them. Then when people like me ping to attack minions or towers, we are told "Stfu look at ur kills"

an objective based game doesnt give a shit about how many kills you have.When the pheonix is gone, when base is destroyed. The game is OVER. Regardless of how "Fed" you think you are, so your showboating means shit all and I am sick of people acting like they can never be wrong because "Im carrying you. Look at my kills"

No, You arent. You arent carrying shit, and I am sick of this attitude.
    Just having "Most kills, bruh" Does NOT mean you are carrying.
    Did you take out towers? That outer tower still standing says no. Did you take out harpies or gold furies? No? did you help the team take down ANY towers or get ANY closer to winning the game? No?
    THEN YOU ARE NOT CARRYING.
    That 18/2 kda that you sacrificed your team, your lane, and the match to secure DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE CARRYING. it means you are an opportunistic worm who will sacrifice the match and thier whole team to pat themselves on the back.
    Just having "Most kills" does not make you a carry. You could use those kills to help your team push, but then you wouldnt be able to sit arund and tell your team how "trash" they are for not having as many kills as you.

So yeah, I feel if you actively ignore the objective, You deserve your loss. And you dont get to blame people like me who decide to wander off and find other things to do (work on art commissions, go make a cup of coffee, check my phone, etc) while you lose because you were not interested in playing Baseball, you just wanted to toss the ball back and forth and brag about how many more times you can catch the ball than anyone else.

And Dont give me that "Chill its just a game/its just norms" excuse. Thats like playing football and saying "we will only actively try and WIN if we make it to the Grey Cup"

Smite is an Objective based game
    NOT a call of duty TDM with god skins.
    You ignore the objectives, YOU LOSE and you deserve it.

New Member Cupidhead MMOGEZGINI's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    my dude stupid peoples already spreaded around world

i try to do objectives by myself
    i was playing loki mid but whole team sucks (ranked conq gold ELO)
    i should climb ladders 1 by 1 so i did pushed all waves own by myself i put clone every lane and pushed them everytime i found opportunity i take tower down and bla bla you also have to keep your teammates calm and boost their morale instead of talking to them (they don't understand sometimes) but anyways keep yourself relax so you will have a chance to win
    Your own is the most valuable treasure in your life

Junior Member Cupidhead PRÖ8L3M's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    All it take is being thrown into a horrible team and the game is ruined. It takes 5 minutes to figure out the game is lost. It takes 10 minutes to try to surrender and move on. It takes tons of patience since majority people will vote no on the surrender and purposely prefer to waste their time and yours.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by PRÖ8L3M View Post
    All it take is being thrown into a horrible team and the game is ruined. It takes 5 minutes to figure out the game is lost. It takes 10 minutes to try to surrender and move on. It takes tons of patience since majority people will vote no on the surrender and purposely prefer to waste their time and yours.
    Thats why as soon as I see them avoiding minions to run after mindless kills, I will ping minions, I will ping towers, etc. I will use the VGS to try and direct them to minions or objectives.
    If they still ignore the tower and objectives, I will let them take the loss they earned.
    My theory is simple, If you arent interested in actually playing the objective and just want to treat the game like another Call of duty TDM, then You can take the loss with it.
    My time and effort is not going to be wasted while people fight over who has "more kills". this means I wont waste my time on a lost game and will go work on artwork, go make coffee, go enjoy myself with things more worth my time. And they dont get to claim my afk is what "caused us to lose". THEM not having interest in objectives is what CAUSED THEM TO LOSE. I can say "we need to push minions/towers" and get told "Stfu, look at ur kills"
    So yeah, I will idle off and find other things to do while they lose the match with thier deside to fight over who has more kills than who.
    I Have art commissions I can work on and get paid for, I have crochet I can work on...or just chill and enjoy a coffee while the team loses over thier kda pissing contest.
    so even if my time is wasted by THEM, It is not a total waste if I find other things to do.

Junior Member Cupidhead PRÖ8L3M's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by BFSCannon View Post
    Thats why as soon as I see them avoiding minions to run after mindless kills, I will ping minions, I will ping towers, etc. I will use the VGS to try and direct them to minions or objectives.
    If they still ignore the tower and objectives, I will let them take the loss they earned.
    My theory is simple, If you arent interested in actually playing the objective and just want to treat the game like another Call of duty TDM, then You can take the loss with it.
    My time and effort is not going to be wasted while people fight over who has "more kills". this means I wont waste my time on a lost game and will go work on artwork, go make coffee, go enjoy myself with things more worth my time. And they dont get to claim my afk is what "caused us to lose". THEM not having interest in objectives is what CAUSED THEM TO LOSE. I can say "we need to push minions/towers" and get told "Stfu, look at ur kills"
    So yeah, I will idle off and find other things to do while they lose the match with thier deside to fight over who has more kills than who.
    I Have art commissions I can work on and get paid for, I have crochet I can work on...or just chill and enjoy a coffee while the team loses over thier kda pissing contest.
    so even if my time is wasted by THEM, It is not a total waste if I find other things to do.
    Hmm, I think i will follow this concept. The problem is i am very limited on time and it drives me nuts loosing 3 games in a row do to the fact you get thrown in in a team where not a single person speaks English or like you stated, kill chasing brain dead individuals that just loose the game.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by PRÖ8L3M View Post
    Hmm, I think i will follow this concept. The problem is i am very limited on time and it drives me nuts loosing 3 games in a row do to the fact you get thrown in in a team where not a single person speaks English or like you stated, kill chasing brain dead individuals that just loose the game.

Yeah I know how irritating it can be. But its more aggrivating when KDA farmers will sit there, let the enemy minions push into our tower and wont even touch them, But they will drop EVERYTHING to chase any kill that shows up. Then they Take the kill, recall, return to lane, wait for the next kill. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    They will completely ignore the minions, they WILL NOT push the lane minions, they WILL NOT attack the enemy towers after a Diecide. They will just recall and wait for the enemy gods to respawn then resume the chase.
    And yet when I suggest "attack enemy minions" or to attack the towers. I get "No" "Quiet" or a "Stfu noob"

So Yeah At that point I put my controller down, and go find something ELSE to do. Make a sandwich, work on artwork, grab a refill on my coffee and just chill. While they continue chasing kills while...oh look at that...ENEMY minions too our tower while they were off chasing a kill. Oh look they are in our base while teammates are....you guessed it, running after a enemy last hit that is safely in thier own area.

and Yet these people will cry about how "Im reporting u, ur throwing the game. Ur ruining the match. Uninstall Noob"
    Nah, I am not throwing anything. You decided YOUR KILLS are more important than the actuall OBJECTIVE of the game. So I am not gonna waste my time thrashing about while you sit around beating your chest about how "pro" you think you are because of a double digit kda while enemy team is kicking at our base.

I know its mind-numbing. But If people are more interested in artificially inflating thier kda while ignoring the point of the game (which is NOT "most kills") then yeah, I will afk and go find something else to do while they are busy patting them selves on the back as the "most op carry" despite the fact they havent touched a single enemy tower or objective and we lost because they chose to chase kills and ignore the enemy minions chipping away at our towers.
    I did not throw the game, they did. I just found better use for my time and provided one less "Witness" to how "OP SOLO CARRY" they were (and face it, alot of these people dont want teammates, they want "Witnesses to my personal glory! Love me and tell me how amazing I am")