Thread: Zhong Kui Is Just TOO Powerful

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Zhong Kui Is Just TOO Powerful

Well to start off his damage is pretty high. For a mage having high damage is reasonable, but the with the amount he can do with his combo is ridiculous. The Exorcism ability does 75/125/175/225/275 which is already pretty high but it also does +50% of your magical power. Comparing these stats to other mages like Zeus or Posiden, neither of them have numbers nearly as high.(Zeus most damaging ability:60/105/150/195/240 Posiden:100/140/180/220/260). Not only does this ability have crazy amounts of damage that already out damages other mages, but it also heals and does additional damage if used after the Expose Evil ability which does 20/30/40/50/60 and applies a 20% slow. Using the two abilities together does the initial damage (which is already really high compared to other mages) but also 75% of the first ability's damage.
    So aside from doing major damage even for a mage, he also receives a big heal from the Exorcism ability 20/35/50/65/80 +20% of your magical power. This heal allows him to shrug off any amount of burst or sustained damage as if it were nothing. Having this heal allows him to walk into the fountain of a joust match and squad wipe and walk out without consequence. However, this may also be a cause of the amount of protections he receives from his passive.
    Not only does Zhong Kui have a bunch of damage and enough healing to tank any amount of damage, he also has a high health bar than any other mage in the game, in fact his max health is 2150 (+85) For reference Cu Chulain has a max health of 2180(+85) and Nike has 2140 (+85).

ZHONG KUI HAS MORE MAX HEALTH THAN A WARRIOR!!!!

My main concern is the amount of effort it takes to stop a Zhong Kui and how unfair any fight with him is. The Exorcism ability gives him too much sustain and deals too much damage allowing him to do plays no other god in the game could do. I've even had matches where an entire team was under tower and a single Zhong Kui dove tower and killed everyone and walked away with full health. This has been a problem for far too long, I had hoped it would be fixed quickly and I still hope that it will. SO PLEASE FIX. He Is NOT BALANCED!!
    Last edited by O0KEVIN0O; 07-29-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,061
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Zhong is top tier for sure but I hate to see him nerfed cause he is a unique hybrid, mage/tank/teamfight/initiator. He is not that strong that he can take a nerf and not fall off hard.

He has his disadvantages. No movement, short range. He can be kited easily.

%pen and slows and you just wear him down from range.
    Rocking the boat

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Zhong is limited in the fact that:
    You can easily see him coming
    His damage/heal is all close-range
    Antiheal/Spear of Magus/Soul Reaver or Qin's if he's stacking Warlocks pretty much invalidates his existence. He also doesn't have full CC immunity (only immune to Knockups in ult) so also take that in mind.
    Position yourself and anticipate his engaging if he has Blink and you will have a much easier time predicting his actions.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.