Thread: Contagion is not healthy for the game, especially solo lane.

New Member Cupidhead BuyingGirlfriend's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Contagion is not healthy for the game, especially solo lane.

I talked about this for a long time when the item was announced, it basically makes some mid/low tier gods even worse. Tyr, Chaac, Thana, Kali, Vamana, Pele and Set are all absolutely crushed by this item. Their built in healing is lower and now the enemy has armor and HP to counter their damage. It's not a healthy item for the game and the community shoulda known better then request it. The big difference between gods that are affected by Pesti can still play around the antiheal zone. Zhong, Baron, Hel and Aphro can all heal outside the range of pesti, but the physical melee gods ARE FAR MORE RELIANT AND WILL MOST LIKELY always been in a range of the antiheal armor item. The trade off us to be not getting armor to counter their antiheal, now you have the best of both worlds and completely just laugh at them.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Sorry about Vamana, Tyr and Chaac but pushing more Assassins out of Solo is good.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I find it funny you didn't mention Camazotz who got it the worst out of them all with Contagion being added. Almost all of the gods you have stated can disengage and heal from out of combat, or their heal isn't a primary mechanic of their kit and is meant to help them sustain after netting a kill or sustain through a gank.

Tyr is pretty much the sole exception to this. Power Cleave heals 67.5/123.75/180/236.25/292.5 + 60% after the 25% antiheal so even then he can sustain substantially; you'd have to use Cerberus to properly counter his healing.

Also I think everyone is sick and tired of Arthur with Gladiator's Shield so Contagion is a nice fresh breath.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I disagree. Contagion has it usefulness against physical hitters who can heal. It's very useful against Herc and Guan Yu because it allows protection while having heals mitigated. In addition, it's useful when a healer like Hel or Aphro who are healing the front line warriors who can heal or being healed by offering protection and healing mitigation.

It also offers versatility when you are up against more physical opponents who have a mage healer on their side. For example, equipping Contagion with Divine Ruin allows penetration plus physical and healing mitigations. If Contagion wasn't around, you would have to perhaps get a non anti healing Physical armor and then have Divine Ruin. As you can see the versatility offers more options to keep healing mitigated while having physical armor. Frankly, as an Aphro player, it's very annoying to heal lately because there are many options to keep heals from not healing too much.
    Last edited by Diamondrainn; 08-06-2019 at 11:17 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Junior Member Cupidhead Vlen_Flyheight's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    I mean, as a Sobek solo/Guardian in general main previously, it doesn't do a WHOLE lot more for me, it's nice to have imo, but like, they were already either rushing pestilence or ignoring my sustain. I am not even considering it unless I see a herc/Chaac/Guan Yu in my lane. You can argue Arthur but really I don't see enough Arthur to quantify the issue.