Thread: Physical healers, such as guan yu and horus

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 953
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points

Physical healers, such as guan yu and horus

I love guan yu, and horus but as a healer its so sad that they have no way to buff their heals, guan yu having an even shorter end of the stick with his heals being spam based that only gets an increase in the amount healed when he takes damage. itd be nice if we could get some physical heal items for them, like a physical ascleups or lotus crown (could also keep these items in check by making it only for warriors, and can only be used for healing abillities and not self heals )
    My ign is Airth and I am in a free to join clan called LuxofWar, feel free to join if ya want.

Junior Member Cupidhead DangerousRival's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 328
    I play guan yu like a guardian, no solo laning for me. He does a good job at keeping a hunter safe and finishing off any kills the hunter might not be able to catch up with using Ult. It really messes with the enemy guardians head cause usually their whole niche is buying protection and using CC, and Guan Yu avoids alot of CC and steals protections. I honestly dont know why anyone would play him as a warrior when he's terrible in a swordfight and does a better job tanking.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    I do not think we need Physical items for buffing heals like Magical gets, Physical only has 2 right now doing healing.

I did once on reddit suggest giving 2 new Physical items that proc'd off healing but had different passives.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousRival View Post
    I honestly dont know why anyone would play him as a warrior when he's terrible in a swordfight and does a better job tanking.
    You know Solo is supposed to tank too right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    You know Solo is supposed to tank too right?
    Yeah but he sucks in the solo lane. He can get ganked pretty easy by assassins with penetration, and he lacks the raw strength to win in a head on fight. He's better at stalling till a hunter or assassin can get the job done and if they slip away THEN he can get on his horse and secure the kill. Least that my opinion. For a warrior he's on the low end for the solo lane. Better to baby sit a mage or hunter in the duo lane and make sure they get nice and strong for the end game.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Yeah but he sucks in the solo lane. He can get ganked pretty easy by assassins with penetration, and he lacks the raw strength to win in a head on fight. He's better at stalling till a hunter or assassin can get the job done and if they slip away THEN he can get on his horse and secure the kill. Least that my opinion. For a warrior he's on the low end for the solo lane. Better to baby sit a mage or hunter in the duo lane and make sure they get nice and strong for the end game.
    Maybe you should watch those SPL matches where Pros successfully used Guan as a Jungler.

Maybe I should, but I always wanted to try it myself but I thought it would turn up bad, but if it's viable is some way I'm down for giving it a good try myself. All I know is him in Solo usually = feed. His kit seems so bad for solo lane. Maybe in the OG days but with the recent gods, so many others do better then him.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Guan Yu avoids alot of CC and steals protections. I honestly dont know why anyone would play him as a warrior when he's terrible in a swordfight and does a better job tanking.
    I had a good laugh reading this. The protection steal means he can deal some pretty good damage with his 2 as well as tank better.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.