Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Win and loss percentage.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter

Win and loss percentage.

I'm pretty convinced that Smite is using some weird system where it forces me to lose cause I've had a winning streak over these past 4 weeks, now I just keep getting really bad matchmaking and people that have no idea what to do in the game, enemies are way stronger, and minions are harder to kill, and I've been playing the same playstyle when I did when I lost.

So for people not believing in the Win and loss percentage, I don't know what to tell ya, I feel like this game needs to force you to lose on SMITE and it's really a shame, I've been sitting now here with really bad teammates and SMITE SOMEHOW letting the other enemy team win and getting more damage overall.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Almost every matchmaking system has this, at least one that aims to challenge you.

The reason it is noticeable in smite is that you can climb from bottom MMR range to close to highest in like 15 games. Which is super fast, in dota 2 maybe you need 50 or 100 games. This makes matchmaking more "jumpy" I like this style, it prevents smurfs from being to big a problem but also if I had a 2 month break and come back and suck I will just need to loose like 4-5 games before smite realizes im off and gives me easier competition.

If you win 90% of matches against the top 1% of playerbase, the next step is bringing in worse players on your team, if you manage to still have a high winratio the next step is to match you with even worse teammates and against premade groups.

Then add the fact that smite playerbase isn't super big, you have a winstreak and then play on hour when not as many are online, there is only one way to give you a match that you won't just stomp and win and that is to skew mmr rating higher on other team by giving your team lower mmr. The longer your winstreak prior to this is the worse it will become.

That is why rofl stomping with a premade in casuals is not the best idea. If you 5 manning its better to not try hard, play Gods you are not best with, try crazy stuff out, like 5 adc or smth. If you can keep winrate lower like this when you go back to solo q it won't hit you as hard in the face.

When you are close to the mmr you should be sitting at the 50/50 feels very real but its just a consequence of the mmr system working as it should. In an ideal world you would think its just a competitive game, but with a player base that isn't super large it feels more wonky at times.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 07-11-2019 at 12:25 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,089
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    An unranked matchmaking system shouldn't do this, because it very badly hinders enjoyable gameplay. As the matchmaker tries to eliminate the player from the game, it strongly encourages people to not try at all, as that will actually increase their chances of winning, while trying their utmost decreases them.

It's the worst garbage anyone could ever invent to be put to use outside of extremely hardcore ranked environments. It just creates insanely frustrating gameplay and encourages throwing matches.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Tried looking up OPs Guru profile for more details, while one is listed it says no games played.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,089
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Schimeon View Post
    enemies are way stronger, and minions are harder to kill

After last match, I'm also pretty convinced that this is a thing too. To enforce a loss and maintain 50% W/L rate, the game will cut your damage output and increase the damage you take.

Last match I had more PP than the enemy Da Ji, and I had the Stonecutter Sword to steal her armour, and she still did far more damage to me than I did to her.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 1,818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Seems fine to me
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
    An unranked matchmaking system shouldn't do this, because it very badly hinders enjoyable gameplay. As the matchmaker tries to eliminate the player from the game, it strongly encourages people to not try at all, as that will actually increase their chances of winning, while trying their utmost decreases them.
    To not feel as apparent they could reduce elo gain and elo loss from matches. if its say 15 now and they set it to 5 or 3 it won't feel as "skippy". I always liked smite skippy MM though. You thought you learned the game a bit and start pwning noobs only to get matched way higher and end up 0-12-2 or smth. I liked that curve. A slower curve like dota 2 can get really stale after a while. Problem with slower curve is that if you party up with better people or if you have a good/bad day and end up on a long streak, it will be a long way back to where you wanna be.

I think MM is fine on peak hours, always has been. Its only an issue on off hours but it aint the mms fault, unless we want a lot longer que times on off hours.

Seems fine to me
    253h? When I peaked smite I would do that in less then a month.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead jackz2kxx's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    The reason it is noticeable in smite is that you can climb from bottom MMR range to close to highest in like 15 games. Which is super fast, in dota 2 maybe you need 50 or 100 games. This makes matchmaking more "jumpy" I like this style, it prevents smurfs from being to big a problem but also if I had a 2 month break and come back and suck I will just need to loose like 4-5 games before smite realizes im off and gives me easier competition.

If you win 90% of matches against the top 1% of playerbase, the next step is bringing in worse players on your team, if you manage to still have a high winratio the next step is to match you with even worse teammates and against premade groups.
    Ummmm, no. That isn't matchmaking, it is stupidity. It basically makes it so there is no real purpose to trying or getting better. I have no issues with the fact that as you win your mmr goes up and you face tougher competition. That is fine and the way it should be.

My issue is why would someone sit in an office and think you know what? Maintaining 50/50 win rate is so important i will place this high mmr player, vs. even higher mmr players and give him 3 to 4 scrubs who might as well be bots for teammates. The system should be setting matches where everyone is within the same mmr bracket and each team overall rating is about equal. Anything else is a failure.

I don't mind losing at all, but when it is a game where i am 12 and 2 while my team are average 1 and 8, i have an issue with that.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 1,818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    To not feel as apparent they could reduce elo gain and elo loss from matches. if its say 15 now and they set it to 5 or 3 it won't feel as "skippy". I always liked smite skippy MM though. You thought you learned the game a bit and start pwning noobs only to get matched way higher and end up 0-12-2 or smth. I liked that curve. A slower curve like dota 2 can get really stale after a while. Problem with slower curve is that if you party up with better people or if you have a good/bad day and end up on a long streak, it will be a long way back to where you wanna be.

I think MM is fine on peak hours, always has been. Its only an issue on off hours but it aint the mms fault, unless we want a lot longer que times on off hours.

253h? When I peaked smite I would do that in less then a month.
    I have a job and i play other games too
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by jackz2kxx View Post
    My issue is why would someone sit in an office and think you know what? Maintaining 50/50 win rate is so important i will place this high mmr player, vs. even higher mmr players and give him 3 to 4 scrubs who might as well be bots for teammates.
    The MM doesn't work like this. Its not about maintaining 50/50, its what happens in a system where there are only a few top players online and a lot of mid range chaff. The result is close to 50/50 but the formula doesn't take win ratio into effect, its just a result of trying give a high mmr rating with a lacking pool of players, good games.

But then add the fact of snowball, hard counters and the other team happen to try hard while your team is a bit more yolo and add to it all that your team isn't playing their best Gods while enemy sits at mostly X's. Add a lucky winning streak on 1-2 ppl on your team who happens to be placed much higher and there you go.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 07-14-2019 at 02:45 PM.
    Rocking the boat