Thread: Stricter Penalties for Dodging Ranked Matches

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 743
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Stricter Penalties for Dodging Ranked Matches

This is my experience the past hour in Ranked Queue:

Step 1: 8 Minute average wait time on Queue
    Step 2: Spend 5 minutes to get to 4-5 pick on picks/bans "XXX Player did not make a selection"
    Step 3: 3-5 Minute average wait time on Queue
    Step 4: Repeat Step 2
    Step 5: 3-5 Minute average wait time on Queue
    Step 6: We could not match you with a BLAH BLAH BLAH, you are now highest priority
    Step 7: Average 3-5 Minute wait time on Queue
    Step 8: If not repeating step 2, Spend another 5-7 minutes on Picks Bans to play a 30 minute match on average.

This could be the reason your player base is dwindling. I know most of my buddies that I play competitive leagues with won't even bother with queuing ranked because of this. When you queue with a Friend it's worse, you almost always get step 6 your 1st time.

No more dodges, I don't care if you automatically get an hour long ban from all queues for it, or worse. Right now it's too easy to dodge and it screws everyone else over.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Just one of several problems actually.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 743
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Just had a guys dodge, dodges should count as losses as well as the debuff, but only for the person who dodged.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I think if you have to re-que because someone left you should be guaranteed to get your 1st or 2nd pick. I had a ranked conquest where I had 1st pick (making all the ban choices) but an enemy player didn't make a selection and when the re-queue popped I ended up being stuck as my least favorite roll. Going from 1st pick to last pick because of a re-queue is brutal, and if you had one of your preferred roles before you should be guaranteed it again in the case of a re-queue.

That said, the reason the player base is shrinking has a lot more to do with the new player experience, AKA harassment. New player joins the game, gets repeatedly stomped by smurfs, and quits. New player tries out conquest, gets harassed for not knowing what the hell they're doing, and quits. New player reports the people harassing them, but there are too many and the reports never seem to do anything, so they quit. Hi-Rez is not taking a tough enough stance on smurfs and player bashing, and this problem is never going to fix itself until they do. There will always be people leaving the game for one reason or another, but when you don't have a healthy stream of new players coming in to replace them (and staying with the game long enough to "get good") then you start having issues of imbalanced matches or having the game unable to find you a match at all.
    I'm a PC player on NA server looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 114; I have 60 gods mastered with 20 at rank V or higher and 5 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, Nemesis, & Nu Wa). CST timezone; message me if interested. I have over 1.5K hours put into the game.