Thread: HiRez/Smite really needs to fix their shit.

New Member Cupidhead Larskie902's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 362
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

HiRez/Smite really needs to fix their shit.

Match making is trash. They put you in with shitters who play the same damn characters and f6 because they’re garbage. Then after having to deal with these garbage ass players, they put you in another match with the fuckers who ended the last game you were in, playing the same character they were trashhhhhh with. I chose not to make a selection because of the trash player they paired me with for the second time, and I get deserter “240 minutes”. Quit putting me in matches with the same trash, and I wouldn’t have to decide it’s not worth playing. I’ve spent 1000’s of dollars on this game! And I’d like to have fun. Not get stuck with noob ass shit. Then I’m the one who pays the price. I would like to spend money on a game that actually fixes their issues. 3 years with this damn game and it’s the same problems. HiRez keeps putting out new gods and new skins rather then fixing their problems. I’d like to see the trash that can’t hash out a game pay the price. Not me for getting stuck with them.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Crossplay was a literal joke. feels really nice having to disregard the assassin or arthur on my team because they're xbox
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

New Member Cupidhead kittyonfire's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Try blocking the people you dont want to play with. I dont know if it stops matching you but ever since ive started blocking them I havent been matched with the "trash" anymore.
    The downside it at this point it feels like ive blocked half the smite playerbase lol

Also, premades. Spares you from throwing the dice with random matchmaking. All you really need is 5-10 people who play regularly and youre set.

Matchmaking is a lost cause, since you have been as long as I have you probably know people have been complaining about matchmaking for years and hirez is trying to improve it but there is only so much they can do

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 3,599
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyonfire View Post
    Try blocking the people you dont want to play with. I dont know if it stops matching you...
    That doesn't work and if it did it'd ruin the matchmaking; see Overwatch Beta.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    First of all I believe you can opt out of crossplay. At the very least you used to be able to. However I personally like playing against Xbox people because I look awesome compared to them. You can still communicate with each other via VGS.

Second, blocking people will not prevent you from being matched with or against them. This is to prevent abuse, as otherwise you could in theory block everybody better than you to ensure your rating climbs as you only play against scrubs.

Third your don't get a deserter penalty that high unless you are repeatedly leaving matches, in which case you deserve it. If you were playing a 5v5 mode you just wasted the time of 9 other people by leaving and forcing them to have to re-queue. If they each lost 15 minutes of time because of you (waiting for the first queue, selection lobby with you leaving, and having to wait for the second queue to pop) then you just wasted almost 3 hours of cumulative time. If you don't want to play with the same people all the time then start varying when you play as you'll be less likely to run into them that way. (For example if you usually play nights and weekends then try playing weekday mornings and afternoons instead.)
    I'm a PC player on NA server looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 114; I have 60 gods mastered with 20 at rank V or higher and 5 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, Nemesis, & Nu Wa). CST timezone; message me if interested. I have over 1.5K hours put into the game.