Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: very disappointed to see how Artemis has been degraded

New Member Cupidhead marteloudini's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points

Question very disappointed to see how Artemis has been degraded

Hey ,

very disappointed to see how Artemis has been degraded and I can tell you because it's been over 4-5 years since I played it.
    1) the roar with its big change of attack;
    2) the passive special faculty diminished in efficiency
    Would not it be possible to give him 5 traps (instead of 3)?
    Or to give it a faster base move?
    Or the range of his bow a longer distance?

please give it a little dignity ... it has only diminished, and facing the new gods is clearly swinging.

thanks in advance

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    5 traps wouldn't help. The amount of mana needed to burn to place 5 is too much for her and she doesn't work off Transcendence that good. There's also the issue of Artemis covering her lane entrance points with traps but it's minor vs the mana issue. Artemis as late game hunter that is just outdone by Xbal, AMC and Jing Wei since now Jing Wei is the only good with a crit based mechanic as a hunter.

Most hunters don't really do much and are crap any more since they lack utility, can't perform well or fall off hard. I'd pick Chronos or Freya over most hunters in this game.tiy.
    Last edited by KAKLAW; 07-08-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I thought this was going to be an argument over her newest skins.

Artemis's problem since forever is that she's immobile and can't really clear waves as well as other competing hunters. She also has really shitty utility in that she can really only drop a trap when she's running away or combo a tusky stun into trap and her CC immunity nerf a while back gutted her ability to start teamfights, which on an immobile hunter is TERRIBLE.

The #1 change I'd put for her is her passive immediately working on minions if she hits them with her 3. It Slows them instantly to begin with and the damage boost alone would let her instaclear appropriately.
    As for mobility do something like touching a trap when your 1 is active lets you do a small dash or gives you increased MS boost.

Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    5 traps wouldn't help. The amount of mana needed to burn to place 5 is too much for her and she doesn't work off Transcendence that good. There's also the issue of Artemis covering her lane entrance points with traps but it's minor vs the mana issue. Artemis as late game hunter that is just outdone by Xbal, AMC and Jing Wei since now Jing Wei is the only good with a crit based mechanic as a hunter.

Most hunters don't really do much and are crap any more since they lack utility, can't perform well or fall off hard. I'd pick Chronos or Freya over most hunters in this game.tiy.
    You can actually get away with trans on her now that it gives cdr which is very nice and going items like Asi+Crusher+Exe. Her passive in no way can compare to its original version lategame but it is still pretty good. You're getting 15% extra damage on your basics for a long time if you chain the stun into trap so that they don't overlap and waste time, and you don't need to build crit to capitalise on it.

And yeah I do agree, magical adcs just outrank them atm (cept Freya atm probably).
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post

You can actually get away with trans on her now that it gives cdr which is very nice and going items like Asi+Crusher+Exe. Her passive in no way can compare to its original version lategame but it is still pretty good. You're getting 15% extra damage on your basics for a long time if you chain the stun into trap so that they don't overlap and waste time, and you don't need to build crit to capitalise on it.

And yeah I do agree, magical adcs just outrank them atm (cept Freya atm probably).
    Trans on a god with no escape is extremely risky and she has only 3 abilities that scale off it and her 1 she usually levels last because being able to steroid more with her 2 is more helpful for offense and survival. Yeah CDR helps but power and CDR isn't much fora hunter who relies extremely hard on autos.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    Trans on a god with no escape is extremely risky and she has only 3 abilities that scale off it and her 1 she usually levels last because being able to steroid more with her 2 is more helpful for offense and survival. Yeah CDR helps but power and CDR isn't much fora hunter who relies extremely hard on autos.
    You are right on that honestly. I've just mentally gotten used to trans build so she can at least clear somewhat quickly faster than you would with devos, but whether that can get online faster than devo's and if it pays off enough is debatable.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Achievements:
    Like her abiltiy to lane post trans isn't that good. Mainly since although she can clear faster with it she can't really set up her oww kills that well asa hunter. Her 1 can't be landed raw because it has such a big delay casting it, even slowing and trying to root them with her 1 that also cripples is still not easy. Not to mention her ult which you can easily escape from, it's range indicators is deceptively big. Yeah it's enemy serachign radiud is huge but with it's delay in doing it's charge and MS/mobility of the foes the radius is smaller then you'd think in practice.

Junior Member Cupidhead DangerousRival's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    I thought this was going to be an argument over her newest skins.

Artemis's problem since forever is that she's immobile and can't really clear waves as well as other competing hunters.
    She's by far my favorite hunter to use, and your absolutely right. Honestly though I say "screw the boots" and focus on getting blood forge and Odysseus Bow right away. I take a "stand my ground" approach to playing her and focus on life steal and pokes with chain lighting and volley. If someone rushes me like an Assassin it's an all-in fight, and I've gotten pretty good at punishing people. SMITEFIRE gave me alot of crap for my build I posted but honestly it's does me alot better then trying to be mobile and dodge without a dash or leap. Make them be the ones to run away, dont do the running away I say. Lack of boots sounds insane and for any other god I'd agree, but really I dont want to 1500+ gold on boots when it does little use for me in a fight and I can get all the movement I need from my buff skill, heavenly wings, and a Bloodshield after I kill someone. It's kinda nice putting more points into the traps over the buff. Odysseus give alot of attack speed so I can bring the cooldown on traps lower sooner and get more traps out quicker and gotten pretty darn good at catching people.

One other thing I discovered is Frosthammer and Runehammer are pretty darn good on her. Frost ensures your passive works after the first hit and Rune Hammer buffs it. Not to mention they both give you an HP boost which helps you win those fights you wont be running away from. Frosthammers item effect also slow the enemy down to your speed level, and reduces their attack speed making it safer to take a duel. For a crit item I go Rage if I'm doing above average or Poison Star if I'm losing fights for the debuff reasons. Make em weak and kick em while they're down I say.
    Last edited by DangerousRival; 07-23-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Achievements:
    "screw the boots" gets you killed with any hunter and fucks your rotation.

Achievements:
    Don't. The moment you forgo boots you become even more of an immobile target and you also lose out on the early power and AS which Artemis needs to do anything early game.

Junior Member Cupidhead Sissiebee's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    TBH the passive change was teh worst decision they ever made! Arte was just a stable toon that never changed the way he felt when played. But now, now it is like can't be Arte as it is ment to be!