Thread: Suggestion: Active Items

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 803
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran

Lightbulb Suggestion: Active Items

So it's almost 2020 and you may be wondering how to continue Smite's content.

It's to bring active items to Smite!

Okay, how will it work? Hear me out, because I've thought about how the mechanic would be balanced and easy to use.

First of all, there will be a single key bind added to the game associated with an active item. A key bind is fairly expected.

Second — you might ask, why only a single key bind? Well, I propose the new items mirror the Mask tree's mechanics. You may only purchase ONE active item at a time. How come? This will allow powerful/meta defining effects to be added without running into balance or usability issues. There will not be 6 extra buttons to click... There will also not be a combination of active items a single character can use that may be broken.

So, what type of items could be introduced? Imagine a support item that can switch aura protection type (possibly with a Hel passive type swing mechanic). Or a Shifter's Shield-like item that switches between defense and offense. Maybe a combat blink (heavily reduced distance and a couple seconds of increased movement speed)? A HoG effect? Well timed mitgations? Flat second CDR? The options are endless.

Thanks for listening to this brief suggestion,
    FireZerg
    Last edited by FireZerg; 07-04-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,061
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Maybe a combat blink (heavily reduced distance and a couple seconds of increased movement speed)?
    We had this for a few weeks, it worked as a consumable. 500g I think it cost. It was cancer, super OP and upset the meta a lot. There were a few others but I don't remember what they did. Combat blink needs to not be a thing, ever again, in my opinion.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 803
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    ... super OP ... Combat blink needs to not be a thing, ever again, in my opinion.
    Of course, it would cost ~2500 and have an internal cooldown. Also, it really does need to have a short distance, so you cannot go over walls. To make up for the lost distance, grant it a couple seconds or more of movement speed (+10% is good enough, if not ++20% like sprint).

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    We had this for a few weeks, it worked as a consumable. 500g I think it cost. It was cancer, super OP and upset the meta a lot. There were a few others but I don't remember what they did. Combat blink needs to not be a thing, ever again, in my opinion.
    God that was such an awful time to play. Neith with instavision ritual and skadi with blink rituals.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Junior Member Cupidhead DangerousRival's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 328
    I dont think I want item warfare. I think I was playing when this was a thing for awhile in 2017 unless it was before then and I'm hallucinating a flashback memory. Seems like something I hated in SMITE before or another game.

Not to mention how overwhelming it would be to new players. You got to remember 500+ god abilities in the game, what each item does, AND the "active" skills on items. Not to mention it kinda makes Relics a bit obsolete.