Thread: When are they bringing nu wa set back ?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Canarchiste's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran

When are they bringing nu wa set back ?

Hey people,

Before the usual complains, let's make it clear :

- I am not talking necessarily about reverting the current kit. Just have to ntroduce the modified old kit on a new god, it has been done before (wukong - hun batz, ao kang - kukulkan).
    - It has to be balanced to avoid the backdoor-only use of her kit. It is really not that hard to do, a lot of suggestion has been done. Why on earth throw away the whole thing ?

A lot of people were and are missing her. Her old kit was and still is way more rewarding and efficient than every other current AA based mage, with a skill cap quite high still.

Just avoid the 3 to do damage on turret, reduce the number of minions, disable the double aa dmg passiv of her ulti on turret, there is damn solutions to avoid what some players were complaining about.

And the excuse of "she was not corresponding to chinese culture" is just absurd, just bring the kit to another god and this is it. You did it so much before

I don't know if Hi Rez actually go through those forums, i know that there has been a lot of topic asking her back.

But i believe it is time now. Just still can't get why she has been deleted instead of balanced. This is extraordinary lazy and frustrating.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,061
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    they go through for sure I seen to many things posted here put into smite.

not to say they agree with everything or likes this idea in particular.

Personally I have no say on the topic as I never played old nu wa.
    Rocking the boat

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Well they brought the shake and bake ult in its best (and broken) incarnation with Ganesha.

The old kit would mandate a TON of changes just to make it balanced. The old 3 would be quite interesting to see in a more updated fashion, though. Old passive would clearly need more thought put into it and honestly nuwa could use the old 1's moving for better rotations.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 3,342
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    They will never bring that garbage kit back.

There was nothing skill related or skill cap reliant about going 0-14 and winning the game because you just backdoor'd the whole map. There was no balancing Old Wa, as a normal god she was useless, her kit for a mage was bad, half of her kit did absolutely nothing in a fight. Fog was a useless DoT around a squishy mage with zero mobility, Clay Minions did like 7 damage, her 3 did more damage the closer you were to someone as again, a squishy mage with no escape, and her base passive was 10 HP5. Literally the only purpose Old Wa had in a conquest setting was buying Teleport to sneak into the enemy jungle with her perma-stealth fog and backdoor all of your structures, that's boring and unfun and that's exactly what Old Wa's kit was; broken, boring, and unfun.

People who are still salty over her rework need to get over it, its been five years.
    Last edited by Goobis; 07-09-2019 at 12:24 AM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 767
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    They will never bring that garbage kit back.

There was nothing skill related or skill cap reliant about going 0-14 and winning the game because you just backdoor'd the whole map. There was no balancing Old Wa, as a normal god she was useless, her kit for a mage was bad, half of her kit did absolutely nothing in a fight. Fog was a useless DoT around a squishy mage with zero mobility, Clay Minions did like 7 damage, her 3 did more damage the closer you were to someone as again, a squishy mage with no escape, and her base passive was 10 HP5. Literally the only purpose Old Wa had in a conquest setting was buying Teleport to sneak into the enemy jungle with her perma-stealth fog and backdoor all of your structures, that's boring and unfun and that's exactly what Old Wa's kit was; broken, boring, and unfun.

People who are still salty over her rework need to get over it, its been five years.
    The ONLY way she can win doing that is if the enemy team was absolutely insipid as fuck and refused to gank her. Which would be a grade A Idiot move since she was so easy to gank. At the time Tp to wards was cheap, solos could build more damage and more. The REAL ACTUAL PROBLEM was itemization being total garbage for her. She needed too much stats to function well. CDR to deploy her abilities, Attack speed, power, penetration atll equally needed and Smite back then didn't have a lot of either in regards to choice. People only focus on the shitters letting Nu Wa get towers while failing to do anything with the 4v5 advantage they have or go for objectives and MANY gods back then could push hard or wreck towers (Bastet used to have a niche as a Tower killer).
    Last edited by KAKLAW; 07-11-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Canarchiste's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran
    @Goobis : Backdoor thing is addressed in my very original post. Don't bother answer if you don't bother read. Way too much salt.

Too bad you guyz faced bad Nu Wa players (have to admit, there was a lot who couldn't understand how to play her in teamfight properly, some using her only has some stupid splitpush).

In terms of stats it was rare for me to not have 3:1 k/d ratio myself with at least 300k dealt on a 5v5 normal map.

The rings set was giving pen and attack speed, the cdr is not mandatory if you play your passiv smartly, and your main dmg source is your AoE autoattack with 2x dmg. This and the controls provided was actually pretty usefull if you can actually know when to attack in a teamfight.

The only time i got trouble is when getting over-ganked early and my jungle was focusing on over lanes. But this is not very uncommon thingy among the different God.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canarchiste View Post
    @Goobis : Backdoor thing is addressed in my very original post. Don't bother answer if you don't bother read. Way too much salt.

Too bad you guyz faced bad Nu Wa players (have to admit, there was a lot who couldn't understand how to play her in teamfight properly, some using her only has some stupid splitpush).

In terms of stats it was rare for me to not have 3:1 k/d ratio myself with at least 300k dealt on a 5v5 normal map.

The rings set was giving pen and attack speed, the cdr is not mandatory if you play your passiv smartly, and your main dmg source is your AoE autoattack with 2x dmg. This and the controls provided was actually pretty usefull if you can actually know when to attack in a teamfight.

The only time i got trouble is when getting over-ganked early and my jungle was focusing on over lanes. But this is not very uncommon thingy among the different God.
    "300k dealt on 5v5" Yeah I'm gonna stop you there bud, there is no way you can deal that much damage unless you were shake and baking with a Fenrir.

Also 10s stealth and soldiers along with being able to activate Metal Crystal on a 60s CD alone spells the fact that her backdooring power was insane. Assuming her stats didn't change (can see nothing listed in changelogs), she still had hunter-level AS which meant she could still clear objectives very fast especially with something as broken as her old 3 which even stunned them. On paper alone you can tell she played more like an assassin rather than mage.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.