Thread: Ever since Xbox joined PC, matchmaking has been worse

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran

Ever since Xbox joined PC, matchmaking has been worse

I have to be honest here. Based on my findings since the two have joined, Xbox players generally bring the game down.

Often they are the worse players on the team. I tend to look at my matches after on Smite guru to see if they were a pre made and what system they play on and more times than not, the Xbox players were the weak spot on the team.

Of course, this isn't always true but for the most part it is.

Also, the current algorithm isn't working for casuals. Adding a 1500 elo and a 1900 elo to get a 1700 average is not the same as two 1700 players on the other team. The 1500 often builds wrong, feeds and can't hold up their end.

And for the love of God, stop putting randoms vs teams waiting on a que. That's lazy matchmaking. Never should a team of 3 and 2 or 5 man be matched against 5 randoms.

Thoughts?
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I can finally agree on that. Been binging on soloq clash and arena for the BP and frankly put it's been a literal hell and it doesn't help that Olorun is instapicked meaning automatic 4v5.

However I tried crossplay off and I had an actual match or two for once which was okay. Needs further testing though.

The issue with parties is that depending on the amount of people actually queued up there isn't always going to be an immediate party also the same size or less able to be queued. There's nothing lazy especially when parties run into the issue and are constantly placed at high priority. Would you rather a party wait and be turned away over 5 consecutive times in a row?
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    I just feel like if I am in a solo Q, it should find 9 other players to match me with. I'm sure there are 9 other people waiting within that 5 minute window.

I don't mind being brought in as the 5th guy in a 4 man squad.

Just no 5 man, 4 man, 2 and 3 man's vs randos. It makes a huge difference.

My buddy and I rolled together last year and we went on an almost 30 game win streak. That never would have happened in a solo Q.

Achievements:
    What is the discord channel?

I'd like to join.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Hi,

All the time i soloQ = Loses 6 in row cant win
    So much fun...after 2 years break of this game i come back for that...
    More to comes...

I turn off crossplay i win !! wow amazing

2 wins 8 loses...amazing
    Last edited by MickR; 06-29-2019 at 10:21 AM. Reason: add more infos

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Well TBH some of the issues brought by Crossplay did exist last year mainly in Arena and Conquest so not all of it is Console.

I did turn Crossplay off in the past 2 weeks, it provided some improvement but does not fix other issues, as an example I can find people with triple digit account levels building horribly such as Hunters with first item Crit and so many others, gah.

I do believe what I heard casters say last year even during League matches, console players do objectives less often.

The deathballing does not help, neither did the infusion of PC players who seem to fit more of a Battlerite playstyle.