Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Concerning Nox

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran

Concerning Nox

When they first changed it so only gods could take out her passive, that was a step in the right direction. But other then that, every other mage can out play her currently for the most part. It's easy enough to see and dodge her only combo then completely collapse on her in the early to mid game.

That said she has some of the best peel and control in the game, allow her to annihilate a single target late game or lock someone down long enough for your team to do something.

Once again, that said (I'm a broken record lol), she has some glaring issues preventing her from being a good pick regardless of enemy composition. The first being her passive, the second is her Shadow Lock (ability 1), Shadow Step has consistency issues, and ultimately (HA), also her ultimate, Night Terror (I'll explain why in a bit).

Firstly, her passive. I like the fact that only gods can take out her candles, but once again, that said, it needs a bit of love. Currently it is far to easy for any god in the game to completely snuff out her passive since item based damage (since its still technically a god source) can take out her flames along with abilities that tick over time. I would suggest making it so that if this little 'feature' where dot's can take out the entire thing, that the old bit about allies using abilities around her, relight her candles. OR make it so only ability damage and basic attacks can remove the flames, BUT only once per ability and once per basic (a qins attack removes 2 flames when I last tested this a few days ago, and any DOT effect will completely remove it since most dots last longer then 4 ticks).

Second, Shadow Lock. I would like to see the damage moved around a bit on this ability. Name so that it still ticks 4 times but immediately ticks when it hits, instead of waiting a half second later. Or make it so that anyone recalling when this hits is immediately stopped. I can't count the number of cases where I have successfully landed this on a recalling target and still had them recall, and the amount of times I myself have managed to recall successfully just as I got hit by this ability. I know this is actually a common complaint with Nox players. (Could we also stop recalls if a Shadow Siphon is placed over them?) The other issue I have here with this ability is how it interacts with King Arthur. Specifically how he can auto attack and still get the dash effect from his auto's while being held by this, it allows him to break the Lock if he's far enough away auto'ing away from you, or he can just straight up auto out of her combo.

Siphon Darkness is fine for the most part. I could see the radius going up by a couple units so its slightly easier to hit the entire wave without making it completely impossible to escape, but it's fine. Dangerous when used properly.

Shadow Step is one of her main weaknesses at the moment cause of its HIGH mana cost, especially early on, with her other weakness being a missed combo makes her completely vulnerable. Scylla has a leap, not a dash, that is also a ward that starts at a cost of 70 Mana up to 90 (Nox is 90). Yes she can step into others early on and, with certain other gods, can hit a ride across the entire map, and yes it does damage, but it's cost is so high that as soon as she uses it within the first few levels (in conquest especially), she's out A LOT of mana. I wouldn't mind seeing the mana cost scale here like it normally does for mages with dashes or leaps. I would also like to see some consistency between this and Chernobog's dash ability (he gets complete immunity, she does not, despite being nearly the same ability in regards to hiding mechanics).

Her ultimate though is where one of my main issues lie with her right now. Specifically in her % damage reduction. Early on its impossible to play against if she uses it at the start of a fight. Great to play as, super frustrating to play against. Later on it doesn't make much, if any difference, at all, especially now that in conquest, you can trade out boots for another high power item which basically can offset how useful this once was. I would like to see this scale from 20% to 50%, maybe with a bit higher base damage earlier on to offset the damage reduc nerf. I'm also going to take issue with the animation vs the hit area for this ability. I've had many players message me and ask how that didn't hit when they SAW THEMSELVES IN THE EXPLOSION (meanwhile chaac axe toss has the wonkiest hit box ever seen). I swear the explosion animation is larger by quite a bit sometimes vs the actual hit area. Also the hitbox of the travel area looks smaller then the actual ball.

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I continue to maintain that if her passive gets completely reworked, her role will finally be cemented. Just having a flat power bonus isn't interesting/impactful on the game enough, especially when she's so hit and miss as she is at this current state.
    I also have issues with the ult seemingly hitting people but never ticking them.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,061
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I think all are fair demands.

Except immunity frames for her 3, cause she already is very slippery and can be hard to challenge, if you can get her mid dash its your best shot at finally killing her. Hiding in an ally is very good as it is. Also I think her mitigations cannot ever exceed 40%, its a lot as it is, especially since nox can do ok with hybrid builds.

The hit box thing I think is a latency issue that is hard to fix, several other abilities suffer from the same thing, thanna scyhte, ullr axe to name some but I know there are a few more.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    I think all are fair demands.

Except immunity frames for her 3, cause she already is very slippery and can be hard to challenge, if you can get her mid dash its your best shot at finally killing her. Hiding in an ally is very good as it is. Also I think her mitigations cannot ever exceed 40%, its a lot as it is, especially since nox can do ok with hybrid builds.

The hit box thing I think is a latency issue that is hard to fix, several other abilities suffer from the same thing, thanna scyhte, ullr axe to name some but I know there are a few more.
    Only thing I'd like to see during her 3 is a possible knockup immunity. Realistically speaking (I know, I know, video game logic), you can't knock a shadow into the air. Other than that I'd also believe that full immunity would be a little much

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    Only thing I'd like to see during her 3 is a possible knockup immunity. Realistically speaking (I know, I know, video game logic), you can't knock a shadow into the air. Other than that I'd also believe that full immunity would be a little much
    I was thinking Chernobog like I-Frames where she only gets them while inside an ally's shadow. But I like that Knockup immunity idea, could give her lots more potential against several gods that I can think of that currently shit on her when they shouldn't be.

Junior Member Cupidhead Vlen_Flyheight's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    i'm super salty about all the times her bubble has kept me from using my Aegis so i think the b*tch needs a nerf.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 785
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Nox is totally lame though. She operate with only 3 abilities effectively because 2 of them cannot even function without being used after the other. Damage abilities wise she only has 1 non-ult ability to hurt foes and that's her combo. Yeah she can hide in allies but she has to pop up eventually and she has delay before she can act/move when she pops up (imagine the shirt knockup SWK used to have in terms of air time). Ult isn't really suited for her.

Junior Member Cupidhead MakoMajo's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Nox could use a little buff love

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 785
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Buff her laning, ganks or teamfight?

Junior Member Cupidhead MakoMajo's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    She could use some actually minion clearing potential... maybe allowing the tether on her 1 deal damage to minions and small damage to other gods that touch it? Nox just feels pretty weak when she's alone, a few QOL changes would make her less painfully vulnerable