Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Olaron is bad

Banned Follower
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Olaron is bad

Did several tests against an attack speed zeus.olaron lost Everytime. Zeus hits consistently for what ola crits for. Very lack luster God. And yes that was just both of us aaing had I used shield or detonate would have been over quicker. Too much hype over having an African God.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I had no idea he was coming I just saw him and played him yesterday. A new ADC mage? HYYYYPE

1 is ok nothing special. Didn't really have time to see how maxing power affects this spell. 70% crit for 50% more is a bit meh though. If you are an adc and have 30% crit that can be good enough as you pump out basics all the time but one spell at 70% is a bit to much of a coin toss for me.

2 is fairly good, with good power I think its real nice, the follow up rain of bombs does nice dmg but can be rough getting proper value from.

3 is meh

ult is craaaaaazy, really fun and really really strong. Finally smth more unique that changes the playing field I like it, its super cancer. Ult alone makes this God almost OP I think. Haven't really have time to experiment how winged blade works in it otherwise its very hard to counter play it.

He is super hard to play, an AA mage without a good escape or MS boosts, yeaaaah.... The 3 doesn't even work for self peel vs X Gods cause the cast time is to long and they just CC you out of the cast. But with that ult, CRAZY
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    He's kind of like a hybrid Sol, but w/o no escape. His 3 is like Sol's 1. As with Freya and Sol, giving him Poly is nice, but is Poly worth it? However, here is the issue, the poly works only on his basic attacks not his abilities. Unlike Freya and Sol, their abilities are considered basic attacks so poly is global for them.

His passive - You need to get 150 MP ASAP because that will benefit him. There are many ways to obtain this goal, but if you are like me, I want to give him attack speed and poly first. Poly (75mp), Shoes (55 mp), Telkhines Ring (90 MP). Mind you, I'm not sure yet if Poly will be a great 1st item, but he does do a lot of basic attacks early game.

If you start off with expensive high MP items first you can start to max your passive early: Soul Reaver (130 mp) , (Shoes (55mp). As you can see it takes only 2 items to max your passive, but you lose out on attack speed and poly early game. I think this route is okay too because it's still early, and as you progress you can invest on attack speed and poly if needed.

I still need to play him more to see which will be best.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Banned Follower
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    With his 40% as from his 2 on a relatively short cd, I see point in pushing as item so early

Achievements:
    He's kind of like a hybrid Sol, but w/o no escape. His 3 is like Sol's 1. As with Freya and Sol, giving him Poly is nice, but is Poly worth it? However, here is the issue, the poly works only on his basic attacks not his abilities. Unlike Freya and Sol, their abilities are considered basic attacks so poly is global for them.
    Sol has no free poly proc? Wasn't this removed like 1-2 years ago?

As you can see it takes only 2 items to max your passive
    No to activate the passive only takes 2. sitting at 15% crit then and 20% on his basics. To be any kind of reliant you want 50% crit for sure. that is another 450 power you need to build on him.

His scalings are not that good, I thought he would have more. This is why people say he is bad. Realisticly he has like 130% scalings in his kit in total, this is insanely low, his base numbers ain't that high either. Keep in mind the bombardment has dimishing returns on its dmg....

The bombardement is his strongest in base kit move. Say 500 power, its 130 a hit, and you can score like 4-5 hits, so its a potential 400-500dmg. But in practice not so ez to confirm.

I'm not sure on Poly but Both Poly and Telek is a way to get more scaling into his kit. Im gonna try, blue boots, Soul reaver, Obsidian, Telek, Poly (or just more power item), Rod/bancroft/chronos. Telek makes most sense as he can combo 2 and ult to get a lot of procs from it. I only built this once and went demonic the other games I think, mistake, if he is gonna work at all as he is now I think it must be with Telek, and since he has problems showing face without getting owned Im more leaning towards Obsidian, not to put all eggs in one basket.

His 2 bombardment ability is really potent, to max this out you need plenty of extra AS in the build, even when ulting I think atleast 1 AS item is needed to reach high stacks on it, though trying to max it out might not be good as the dmg has diminishing returns. There probably is some golden ratio here ppl need to figure out. Just telek? Or telek and demonic, or all 3 rings? More AS or more Crit and power? Also since his ult wrecks you want CDR on him, a fun God to learn how to build and play I think, very interesting.

BTW the reason his ult is so crazy is that its CC that can be stacked on top of CC.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 06-27-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Sol has no free poly proc? Wasn't this removed like 1-2 years ago?
    Are you kidding me? So Poly will not work on her; well that's just stupid then omg.

Anyways, I been practicing on Olaron and found him much better having attack speed items along with high MP items. His ult is him bread and butter and he can do a lot of damage. However, since he doesn't have escape, he is easily targeted. I usually have his back off 3 sparingly and use it when I'm in trouble or someone really needs a quick heal.

1. I actually have more fun with him using Bamba Mask but the downfall is he is too squishy and can die quickly, but having that movement speed with this Ult is insane and funny LOL bc he moves so fast.

2. I found the Gem of Isolation kind of useless now that they nerfed it so I replace it with items with higher MP.

3. I found that giving him attack speed items that have MP serves better than those that don't have MP.

Overall, he's pretty easy to play, but he doesn't do massive burst damage as with other mages, but he is a poker and likes to chip off your health and then once his ult comes in, he does high damage.

The heals help but I doesn't really impact a difference healing wise.

I found that he works well with chars that snare, root, and stun. This allows him to do combos with his abilities while he does his basic attacks.

OH and I love the music theme it has an African beat to it.

Ult combos: His ult along side with Ganesh's ult is omg insane! Morrigan who can perform his ult a 2nd time is also crazy. His ult with Cupid's = forget it LOL. Thinking Odin's ring and his ult is deadly too.

Cancer combo abilites: His ult with Poseidon Whirlpool; His ult with Nox Shiphon,

Cons: No escape, easy to target, his abilities and basic will miss if not aimed right, some chars can easily escape this ult.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 696
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I love how you suddenly justify the hype over him because of race, totally not because people wanted another magical ADC that was actually an ADC, not some botched hybrid mess like Sol is atm.

Olorun is actually pretty damn good with ample magical power + as items. But if you're seeking without going stacks then going AS with high power items like bancrofts and having at least 20% CDR is optimal.

I recently tested him and the ultimate is bullshit in several reasons, most notably it also slows down untargetable gods. Which is probably a good and a bad thing depending on the circumstances.

Ironically Iso would have been a great item on him as you could confirm your 1 and 2, but post-nerf hard pass.

...As for easy to play we'll have to wait for the dust to settle. Every random Olorun player is a guaranteed loss or 4v5 because they use their ult improperly and don't realize it means an easy objective taken.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Achievements:
    I had the craziest moments in smite as or with Olorun in team lately.

Olorun ult + Sylvanus ult oh yes, they fly so slow. Medusa ult + olrun ult oh they are statues for ever. If you can combo as team with olorun it is just over.

I broke 20k dmg in arena atleast or close to 25. I've seen some come close to 30k but I haven't quite figured out his 2 interaction properly to get there myself yet as it doesn't go on CD until you pop bombardment it takes some time figuring out his timings.

Yeah iso is kinda shit now I think, it was never that much in meta to start with but it was potent in some situations. I rather see a power nerf on it myself cause now it is just a no buy, except maybe for Pos who want the interaction with his pool.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 06-29-2019 at 06:27 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead skoots7's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Olorun ult + Ymir Ult was pretty deadly in joust
    You ask me "Oh God, why?"
    "Because I'm god, that's fucking why"

Achievements:
    Ok his 1 stacks his 2, that makes his kit ok at least.

If its not obvious the combo is. activate 2, ult, shoot ppl with demonic, knock em up with 3, use 1 for dmg and stack 2, then use bombardment. With high power that dmg is really good. With ult pulling of combo is super ez but without ult its a lot harder.

I crit a neith in assault for 800 (1.2k unmitigated) with just the 1 and we were same level. I wasn't even maxed out I think the one can crit really nasty.

So he might be a pretty well balanced release. Take some time to really know ofc and I don't have lots of time for smite myself at the moment.

But IMO he is the most interesting release in a long time.
    Rocking the boat