Thread: Why is this game so toxic?

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points

Why is this game so toxic?

I played this game during the beta, really enjoyed it, but lacked Moba skills so dropped it for a bit. Went to HOTS until they killed the comp, then went back to League thinking it would be enjoyable. It was a toxic cesspool, ranked was impossible to climb because of the toxicity, so i thought hey, why not go back to Smite.

Wow, this place makes League look like a girl scout convention. Seriously, why is it that EVERY game theres some form of troll? Whether its someone not playing their designated role, stealing jungle mobs at start of game, AFKing or jumping around and refusing to fight their lane opponent/participating in team fights.

What is it about Smite that attracts these types of people? Why is it that HiRez does nothing to punish these players? Ban, then hardware ban them. Do SOMETHING. It completely ruins the game for others who are trying to actually enjoy the game. Its making me reconsider playing this game, and judging by other forum posts, it seems plenty of others have already done so.

Update: Uninstalled. Literally the worst community I've ever had the displeasure of playing with. Nothing but trolls.
    Last edited by Bearmangg; 06-17-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    It is not Smite, it is MOBAs in general, this one especially since last year.

Junior Member Cupidhead BFSCannon's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 704
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    If I do afk, its because my teammates are more interested in beating each other over the head with "i got more kills than u" rather than pushing the tower. they will ignore the tower completely, but drop everything in a moments notice to chase a kill they arent even guaranteed to secure anyways, all so they can get +1 for thier K/D/A "Im better than u" pissing contest.

Meanwhile people like me who DONT chase every single kill that happens to show up (only the ones who stand between me and the tower) are told to "stfu" and "ur just salty cus u got no kills" or "U just suk at the game, look at ur kills"
    Meanwhile the enemy team is dropping our towers like people arent even there, and me trying to defend the tower is labeled as "inting"

So If My team is NOT interested in playing an OBJECTIVE based game and only cares about who's kda turd is more polished....I am more than happy to leave them to their loss and go do something better with my time sinse they clearly didnt come to play a game.
    My time is precious. If people didnt come to play a conquest/joust match and are only interested in a TDM competition, then Their kdas will both be EQUALLY WORTHLESS when the team Loses. You dont get bragging rights for having "most kills" in a defeat.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Well, i am playing smite for 3 years i think. community never has been so toxic. I'm wondering if hirez can do something about it? just ban the people who are toxic. Let em play i don't mind that but just ban them from chat.
    I'm gonna quit the game if this continues i think.

New Member Cupidhead MMOGEZGINI's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Achievements:
    Full Profile!
    you should keep playing anyways

mute n play

but thats so sad to play with bad community smite was great in first 3 years and started to collapse after years peoples coming here from different games because they are getting banned or stuck in elo hell ... nvm who cares , i will keep playing smite and reporting