Thread: Hi-Rez: Concerning Skillcap / Skill Threshold / Tactical Playability

New Member Cupidhead Lovesickdope's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 360

Hi-Rez: Concerning Skillcap / Skill Threshold / Tactical Playability

Alright so I've been playing this since beta.

Overall I love the game; as far as creativity, artwork, and design goes.

I also love the fact that I rarely lag with the only available crap internet I have @ 3mb/1mb.
    A big reason why I don't care for other games and their top playing competitors - is simply because its falsely ranked at what international available net speeds are and what people can't achieve due to location. Smite fills a void there better than any game I've played.

What sets me back immensely about this game though and also has caused me to take a couple a several year breaks.
    I feel this game has about 2 weeks to a couple of months of play-ability before the artwork and design is overshadowed by AWFUL gameplay mechanics.

-Increase Overall Gameplay Speed by 25%+ at least
    This way cooldowns actually matter and don't just create very long matches.
    They do not mean anything other than falling back, huddling tower, and then kiting once geared enough to destroy towers.
    bottomline cd's never will mean anything until faster movement can be tactically implemented.

-Reduce All ability cooldowns by 50% (ie: 10s to 5s)

-Healing is not a main class, the few classes that can heal aren't solely dedicated to skillcap

-Not enough items, blatant tuning to only accommodate meta builds and not dynamic and balanced rppvp
    (ie: stack item > lifesteal > pen) absolutely boring in terms of creativity to maintain pvp stats.

-10 Item Slots, with things that make sense from an RP perspective would help a lot.
    As 6 slots allows Boots, Legs, Chest, Head, Wep, Shield. Never is anything RP based viable as a base build.
    You find yourself in the same build tactic that ultimately might as well not even be in the game on auto-build.

-4 Moves can get very old in terms of skillcapping a main. Having at least 8 moves instead of 4 would greatly help in that area.

-Fountain Healing is a cheap shortcut only to further gimp a healing aspect from healing characters

-Joust, Conquest, and Siege due to movement speed are unbearable to actually sit through due to travel times.

-Overpowered gods seem to go so long before getting nerfed in the past and seem to follow tradition.
    As mentioned with increased customization and more dedication on class styles we could see things like joust and conquest actually take off and not some 'who got kited' + 6 items stuff. Obvious and predictable outcomes.

These are things that I feel developers should already be doing and playing themselves
    to try and reach a limit of threshold with skill.

Not hiding behind and targeting immature underachieving player-base for insight on what should be adjusted.
    After being banned on Smite-guru Discord for just posting builds that exactly correlate to movie clips based on them.
    I feel that speaks volume on how much I trust this playerbase for any feedback on what I said either.
    Do not expect a reply from me unless you work for Hi-Rez; too many voices fogged out by the wrong voices.

I speak for this game and every other online game that exists at the moment.

Its absolutely horrible and we bank on people to make these games with the most creative and competitive community possible.

Unbelievably so, there is no games that exist that are even worth a dollar imo.

Black Desert Online has no pvp. Wow fell apart
    Things like Fortnite, Call of Duty, BF5 have no customization. Very boring.
    A sad shameful site to see.

All respect to Smite and Paladins for fully filling the creative void.
    Both have the same problems aforementioned though
    Last edited by Lovesickdope; 06-13-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Without going off topic too much, and not specifically targeting Hi-Rez

all I'm saying is that companies need to stop relying on feedback from players
    You're rarely going to get that feedback from someone who is extremely involved and looking for a majority complaint is ridiculous.
    Not everyone has that insight and it doesn't guarantee that they'll be voiced. From the input I've posted,
    I don't expect the next guy with insight to add onto it. Aside from the confidence or ability to express themselves outside of trolls, you also have to make a forum account. As simple as, its still a process and it won't happen.

This game is far too amazing to simply leave it at such a simple state of playing, its devastating.
    As I said the gameplay it has,works and I see the heart put into it, but its awful because the meta-tactics involve the most Elementary and defensive methods of playstyle its not playable and anyone that truly does care can see that very quickly. Whether people stick around or not its for what given there, not whats considered as core and complete.

Not only is this game incredible but it out-rivals things like League of Legends, that have no ceiling on creativity because they don't have to base on lore or relevancy and don't match what Smite does and can do. Much less translating that into so many skins. Its also intuitive as legend/god teaching and should be used in classrooms in schools. A perfect example of turning a multiple year college course into one day of fun.
    Last edited by Lovesickdope; 06-13-2019 at 08:55 PM.

anyways im back to playing some matches casually for a few months at least, which is the only game I can play casually so thats huge.
    but until the flavor of not being able to perform as I want to is implemented in its own way I'll probably get bored of it again.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,061
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Get Bumbas and be happy with what you can get.
    Rocking the boat

Did they scale things maybe realistically to movespeed, close im sure but theres no penalty on movement speed for heavy gear.
    Even then its still not stacked 6x items. So balance is unseen.
    but before the war is unfair thing comes into talk, theres so many tournament/arena based landscape with the game.
    That it couldn't even be feasible to bring that into discussion either.

but who do they listen to along with internet speeds.

who gives a fuck richboy