Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Banning laggers justified?

New Member Cupidhead slicedevice's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Banning laggers justified?

Hello.

So i just came out of a joust where we lost literally due to a neith lagging all over the place.
    I was Tyr, picked him up with my combo and he'd just teleport out of the combo and hit me while i kept moving. The lag saved him in many situations and lost us the last fight due to me trying to get him and he'd just teleport all over the place, impossible to hit and no reason to use my combo on him, giving him free room to do whatever he wanted. We also had an anubis on our team who had no chance of hitting his wraps, and if she was dead center in his pool, Neith would just teleport out of it and get out with no trouble.

Now, as the title says, do you guys see this as bannable? I spoke to him after the game and he said its not his fault therefor its justified and he cant get banned. I beg the different though as he literally ruined a game where we were ahead, but wiped due to his internet connection.
    Last edited by slicedevice; 06-12-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    you can always report fishy behaviors. In the end its up to hi rez to decide ain't it?

try not focus the laggers to much, kill their team instead if you can.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    If they're lagging because they aren't playing on the proper region server, sure. Otherwise, not really. Smite lags sometimes for reasons out of a player's control, and it's hard to find that out until you actually start a game. I agree if a player lags for consecutive matches the should be logging out for the day instead of continuing to try and play, but if it's there first match and their lagging you can't really fault them for it as they has no way of telling until the game started.
    I'm a PC player on NA server looking for a team for conquest (mid/jungle) or ranked joust. My player level is 111; I have 60 gods mastered with 20 at rank V or higher and 4 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, and Nemesis). CST timezone; message me if interested. I have over 1.5K hours put into the game.

Junior Member Cupidhead PresumptuousP's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 754
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I took a break from SMITE after the first battle pass ended, came back for the Neo Olympia one 3 weeks ago.

Lets just say this, nothing on my end has changed in regards to my PC or internet but 50% of all my matchs have me bouncing all over teh god damn place to some varying degree while moving which not only makes me unable to aim abilities most of the time but also often makes me pause in place long enough for an enemy to dump on me as I pop all over kingdom come.

Yes, i play on the NA servers which is outside of my region BUT in my 4+ years of playing SMITE (and ive only ever played on teh NA servers as im Oceanic) ive NEVER had this issue EVER until the last few weeks. Hell playing on the NA servers has more of an impact on myself given the 250ping I have to play with (making some abilities and ranged basics and especially melee basics VERY hard to land) and the way SMITEs hit detection works, than an issue for the opponent who if anything will have an easier time hitting me.

So no, dont report for laggy gameplay friend or foe, why be that kinda guy... it isnt our fault, Hi-Rez have cheaped out on server hosts or something recently. Like i said, nothing has changed my end in 4+ years of playing SMITE and then boom, suddenly this becomes an issue where before there never was one.

Hell one game two days ago I was at my regular 250ping, bouncing around to a degree which was ticking me off when halfway through my ping shot up to 300 (never happens to me in any game i play online) everything stops and I thought hmmm I think my connections dropped since everyone was running into walls, suddenly my ping rockets down to 220 and stays there the rest of the match and the matchs afterwards, and has for the most part stayed that level the last few days... so why in gods name did a bizarre mega lag spike suddenly result in me getting BETTER ping on the NA servers for a few days compared to what i normally get in 4+ years of playing SMITE?

Also I can be in a two matchs, both with 250ping... one is fine as it always has been, the other i bounce around... no difference in ping, but huge difference in gameplay. Ive run multipal ping and trace routes and packet lose checks to a number of locations in America and i get back a perfect packet lose result and expected speeds. So it isnt my router, my PC or the line into the USA nor my ISP.. so what is it?

So no its not on my end and more than like not on anyone elses end whos having this issue, what ever the issue is its with some of their servers or some point pretty damn close to their servers... but just like the Mixer point issues people are having i dont see or will hold my breath for a fix anytime soon.
    Last edited by PresumptuousP; 06-15-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Achievements:
    Thing is there exists a lagg hack.

If the player only laggs either when attacking (and still hits everything)
    or only laggs and speeds up when in trouble.

It can be the hack, I think this should be reported.

If they end up in bad spots all the time due to their lagg and are playing casual modes on low mmr rating then I would just feel bad for them and not report. But don't que ranked if you are not on a stable connection.

The frequency of hackers has come in waves over the years. At the moment I very rarely see it. It might have been a month or even 2 months since I saw one and before that maybe another month. And in one of these cases it could have been normal lagg but in this case I reported anyway and I let hirez decide, if more people find it as annoying and fishy as me well they deserve more reports, especially if they manage to play on higher mmr and win with this behavior. If you are unsure it is probably normal lagg.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 06-16-2019 at 08:36 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Thing is there exists a lagg hack.

If the player only laggs either when attacking (and still hits everything)
    or only laggs and speeds up when in trouble.

It can be the hack, I think this should be reported.

If they end up in bad spots all the time due to their lagg and are playing casual modes on low mmr rating then I would just feel bad for them and not report. But don't que ranked if you are not on a stable connection.

The frequency of hackers has come in waves over the years. At the moment I very rarely see it. It might have been a month or even 2 months since I saw one and before that maybe another month. And in one of these cases it could have been normal lagg but in this case I reported anyway and I let hirez decide, if more people find it as annoying and fishy as me well they deserve more reports, especially if they manage to play on higher mmr and win with this behavior. If you are unsure it is probably normal lagg.
    This happens a lot in ranked. When you are about to go in for the kill or do a finishing move, the game lags which saves the enemy from receiving that blow. I've never reported that because I figured it might be lag, but sometimes I wonder if it really was a legit lag or was it a hack lag. From now on I'm going to report it.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    This happens a lot in ranked. When you are about to go in for the kill or do a finishing move, the game lags which saves the enemy from receiving that blow. I've never reported that because I figured it might be lag, but sometimes I wonder if it really was a legit lag or was it a hack lag. From now on I'm going to report it.
    It can be both of course. Personally I can get fps drops if I come to the first big teamfight in conq but it feels very different then a lagg hacker but if you are not experienced I reckon it can be hard to tell. Also smite do in fact lagg a bit at times when a lot is going on, some games, ults and shit seem to slow the game down, I'm not sure why this is but it might be a thing to better control what inputs actually come first or smth, it might be that the server in question is a bit slow. TBH I sometimes have much more of this during end of a patch cycle. And when next patch hits its like servers are refreshed and everything happens a bit faster. Though this schedule is not 100%, after s6 I felt a lot more slow and people complained about xbox players, truth is after a big new patch like that I am not surprised of lowered performance but since I have played long I know performance goes up again over patches and days. The game changing speed is different from one God changing speed but it can be hard to tell the difference. When the game changes speed (I really can't confirm this in any way its just the way it feels when playing it might be my brain, edit: or actually I can confirm by other players at times also noting it and saying lagg) anyway, there is no stutter during this but it can feel weird, most hackers I ever saw do stutter. But if they have good settings they will stutter so fast you can barely see it. Back in the days people pretty much jumped around on map when hacking but newer hack is harder to spot as it introduces many small stutters (atleast that is how I have perceived th evolution of questionable behaviors in this game). Its harder to spot in conq and its harder to know if its server lagg or not as you normally only see the one person or a few. I mean say its you that is lagging and you only see one person, you really can't tell if its you or him. In arena its very obvious when its only one God that travels twice the speed of everyone else, and its its you everyone will be "lagging". I've seen it enough in arena to know what it looks like. Thing is the hack works similarly to what happens when it laggs (or so I come to believe), some mismatch between where game thinks the God will end up and where it ends up so it can look extremely similar. Its basicly a question of does it lagg everytime this dude is in trouble, or every time this dude attacks, but when he is attacking creep or jungling everything is normal. If it happens once it probably is lagg. But if its everytime they are in trouble and its only one on their team that is when my alarm bells start ringing.

The reason I am confident there is a hack and that is introduces lagg to make you go faster is that a guy I used to play assault with a long time ago. Picked BoV Odin and said wait for me to go in. Then he lagged in quite fast despite no boots and laid down his ult. This was his game plan to abuse this lagg to get jump on enemy (and skip boots for other items). But he didn't lagg out of fountain. For our team it was as annoying as it was for enemy I'm sure and we actually lost, cause a no boot odin ain't good even with cheats, and I left the party and never played with him again.

Also make sure enemy don't have sprint or ms items, cause some lagg on sever or some lagg on your or their part as they pop sprint (or run bumbas) will pretty much look exactly like the lagg hack. These days we have graphics for sprint though so its a bit easier to make a good call.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 06-20-2019 at 02:08 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    What they do is they unplug their router and I heard that sometimes it causes lag for other players. I haven't really tested it or have no idea why that would happen, but that claim is under speculation. However, I ponder on how players can cause hack lag. Like what do they do on their end to make lag happen for others?
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    What they do is they unplug their router and I heard that sometimes it causes lag for other players. I haven't really tested it or have no idea why that would happen, but that claim is under speculation. However, I ponder on how players can cause hack lag. Like what do they do on their end to make lag happen for others?
    Unplugging router that is a neat trick I don't think that works in your advantage.

If you read the overclocking topic that is stickied you see that fiddling with that stuff can impact how your client perceives time and lower your cds. All such meddling can get you banned. But its a constant battle between the cheaters and anti cheat programs.

To make lagg happen for others I don't know what they do, its not as common as speeding yourself up but it does exist, I haven't seen it since s3 though. Back then I would frequently get disconnected from games both in lobby and in game and could not reconnect to the match, interestingly it was often when there was a 4 man party going and I was the solo q filling it out, as if they didnt want me there.

The weirdest thing I ever had happened was in arena with a zeus (this was back in late s2 or early s3). The zeus lagged a lot when it suited him, obvious cheater. He was bad though so we killed him all the time anyway. I go for a exchange in mid as SWK and then they chase me and I use my bird to get around behind the camp spots, I hit B and I manage to teleport to fountain. I regain my hp and even have time to shop, just as I close the shop screen I get teleported back behind the buff camps and there was zeus and some other God standing waiting for me. I had no ult and no bird and was playing a greedy dmg build so they killed me easily. We won anyway big. How this is possible I have no idea but as they were waiting for me to return I think it was not some normal lagg. Its not like they stood there attacking a ghost for several seconds either, they waited and just as I land they land all their combo.

Another time as Xbal in arena I faced a he bo that lagged all game, and the game seemed unstable. Their he bo ran into fountain and afk (as if taking the time to do something). All of sudden there comes this major lagg spike and all Gods just glide around, when I come out off it I stand under their tower just outside fountain and he bo comes out and finishes me with his 3. Judging by how map looked I was the only one that lagged. Now this might have been a coincidence but interesting fact is that he bo afked just before it happened, he was a lagger and I wasnt even running in that direction when it started if I had continued straight which you normally do as you time out I should be on our side of map for sure.

I havent seen stuff like this in years though. For crazy stuff like this I feel like the person doing it must have access to the developer console or smth, maybe its a developer just fooling around, maybe its a hacker with access. Who knows. I am on EU though so a developer trolling seems less likely.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 06-21-2019 at 05:59 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Banned Follower
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    That doesn't sound like it was legit lag. Sounds like hacks the way you described it.