Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why is Dracula not a character?

New Member Cupidhead covergirl925's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by leytonmonster View Post
    Well, it seems you are more interested in trolling rather than talking, so I am just going to ignore you here on out.

Keep in mind though, that Dracula is just a fictional as Zeus, Hades, Thor, Hel, Susano, or Chernobog. You also still are comparing Dracula to modern day fictional characters which as I said is ignorant and ignores the historical relevance of Dracula as a character. You also clearly know nothing about what people use to consider vampires to be, which are more like beasts and monsters rather than the Twilight vampires you keep talking about, which are more humanoid than anything.

I shall say this in all caps so you may accidentally pay attention,

DRACULA IS A CHARACTER OF LORE JUST LIKE ANY OTHER GOD OR KING ARTHUR, I AM TALKING ABOUT HISTORICAL DRACULA, NOT THE HOLLYWOOD INTERPRETATION YOU SEEM TO DESPISE.

Also, its "lamer", not "more lame". If you are going to be an ass, then at least use proper grammar when doing so. I have checked your other posts and other than the fact that nobody likes you within these forums since you are very toxic, you constantly spell wrong and it really is frustrating.
    You need to just dropped the idea of your fantasy lover Dracula. Are you that obsessed with Vampires? I bet you have the whole Twilight Series on Blu-ray, and have Vampire paraphernalia such as a "rocket pocket" that you keep tucked under your pillow!

Next thing you want to have Beastality in the game since you sign your forum signature as "SatanHousewife". Clearly I can tell how your sick mind works.

XoX Covergirl
    DRACULA IS LAME AF
    Don't add Dracula to Smite!

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    We've already crossed the line that said gods and creatures from mythology only.
    We're past having fleshed out pantheons with multiple gods, even though there are still plenty of gods/creatures to choose from.
    We've already been introduced to "fabricated" characters who isn't tied to any pantheon or ingame religion.
    At this point we're so far beyond the premise of the original concept, that the imaginary line in the sand that purists amongst us thought shouldn't be crossed, is no longer visible.
    So why not just throw in pop culture monsters?
    Any typo or misspelling in the post above was done to emphasize my point and was therefore done on purpose, as such they will not be corrected.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Armaroz View Post
    We've already crossed the line that said gods and creatures from mythology only.
    We're past having fleshed out pantheons with multiple gods, even though there are still plenty of gods/creatures to choose from.
    We've already been introduced to "fabricated" characters who isn't tied to any pantheon or ingame religion.
    At this point we're so far beyond the premise of the original concept, that the imaginary line in the sand that purists amongst us thought shouldn't be crossed, is no longer visible.
    So why not just throw in pop culture monsters?
    I can imagine it now, Aphro healing Frankenstein vs. Chang'e healing Bigfoot. Then you will have Nox with Catwoman and the Mummy with Cupid. Sounds like a Halloween Adventure idea, but if they really did that on Smite, I would be just quit because it will just now become too far fetched.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    I can imagine it now, Aphro healing Frankenstein vs. Chang'e healing Bigfoot. Then you will have Nox with Catwoman and the Mummy with Cupid. Sounds like a Halloween Adventure idea, but if they really did that on Smite, I would be just quit because it will just now become too far fetched.
    Heh, did you intentionally mention combinations that is actually possible ingame via skins (well except catwoman since she got removed) or was that just a coincidence?

Besides that I completely agree. I would have been happy with them sticking to the original concept.
    Any typo or misspelling in the post above was done to emphasize my point and was therefore done on purpose, as such they will not be corrected.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I think its fine to go outside the original idea. About crossing the line, sure they did it and that opens up for more. Personally I'm fine with Arthur and Merlin and all other half deities and heroes. Like Achilles I like him but he is no deity. Isn't the premise more of having characters that while possibly inspired by some person long ago are a mythologized and fabled version of that person or idea. That is why we can't have Alexander the great cause he was actually a real person. Dracula is based on Vlad but Dracula is mythical, Vlad is not. We could never have Vlad, but I don't think Dracula breaks any criteria not already broken. Gods and half deities can be evil as well and smite has more of the heavenly ones then the underworld ones if I am not mistaken. Some are arguably something in between but whatever. More evil ones I think is fine as they seem harder to come by. That is why we have medusa and scylla.

My problem with Dracula is maybe more with the fact that he feels like a joker in a box if he should be in game. Oh hello here am I. Popular from TV shows, Disney etc. It risks getting a bit to cartoony. But if artwork is real nasty and evil he could still be an original enough dracula to not fall into that. Still Smite was cool since it dealt with old myths, I think what we all don't want is for too modern myths to be in the game. Like superman, even though superman skins can be alright. Skins -> modern ok. Smite Gods -> should be old and mythical. I mean to me Baron with Count skin is Dracula, just save up the gems and enjoy him?

Dracula can be argued is not old enough, to recent and to popular.

Arthur and Merlin really isn't that super popular today. More so in the 80ths. So they kinda stick with the idea of bringing older myths to life again.

Personally I like the old vibe for the moment. Why not look on Sumerian Deities? I think there is a lot of older lore that hasn't even been touched yet. Why not?

I mean give Enki, he can have Annuaki references, alien skins and everything. Much more interesting then Dracula, also we have Baron with the skin, Isis vamp skin and several life steal Gods. More of the same, and wouldn't it be a bit weird to have two Counts in one game? At the same time for Isis vampire version to have her father around could be cool (but we could argue that is already baron with the skin). Vampire feels saturated at the moment. In a year or two I'm probably more open for Dracula. Right now it just feels he would claim a spot of smth potentially more interesting.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 06-15-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Okay let's add Godzilla and King Kong to the list and then add Dracula to the list too. Will call it "Hollywood Horror Sci-Fi" Pantheon OH and don't forget Gremlins while we are at it. Man I would so roll my eyes if that really happened.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Banned Follower
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    And and and...booberry, frankenberry, count chocula and Captain crunch...and that mythical GEICO gecko

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by STOPB4NNIN6ME View Post
    And and and...booberry, frankenberry, count chocula and Captain crunch...and that mythical GEICO gecko
    LMAO I'm so playing GEICO Gecko for sure LOL.

OH oh and let's add Barbie and Ken to the list! OH oh and Rainbow Bright!

Last edited by Diamondrainn; 06-20-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Achievements:
    I already dislike the idea of King Arthur and Merlin in the game.

Now Dracula... ?

What's next: Frankenstein, Inhotep, Big Foot?

This is supposed to be a game about fighting between gods.

They didn't ran out of gods, a few days ago I made a suggestion about the Dacian Pantheon.
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...on-Dacian-Gods

And that's not the only Pantehon that could potentially be added in the game.

In the eventuality that Dracula is accepted into the game, I guess they could make a Pantheon like "Vlach Legends" or something like that. Currently the Slavic Pantehon has only 1 god.

Dracula is based on a real life cruel Vlach ruler whose curelity made him a legend and then the legend became a book.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2YhD3mpDIZQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NA34EZACkWY

Banned Follower
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I'd like Godzilla, Mothra and Power Rangers too.... possibly Sir Lancelot?