Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why is Dracula not a character?

New Member Cupidhead covergirl925's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Dracula is a stupid idea. There are a lot of other ideas that suits better than lame ass Dracula. Might as put Jason, Freddy Kruger, and the girl from the Ring as charters! Oh wait there Izy she does resemble the Ring.

XoX Covergirl
    DRACULA IS LAME AF
    Don't add Dracula to Smite!

Junior Member Cupidhead leytonmonster's Avatar
    Wherever I have to be to get Dracula into smite
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post

Then it will just remind me of that Capcom fighting game Dark Stalkers LOL.

But they are pantheon gods which fits the genre of the game in comparison with Dracula.

Slavic should work, but they didn't have Dracula, they did however had vampires. Although Dracula is a vampire, I don't think he was relevant to Slavic Mythology.

TBH, I don't think they will ever put Dracula, Frankenstein, and all those types of monsters in this game. If they did, it would more likely be a Halloween skin.

I do have to agree with Stopbanningme, if we put Dracula then might as well put Blair Witch, Bride of Frankenstein, and the Pirates Kraken in the list and maybe call them the Monster Mash Pantheon LOL.

Slavic can represent all of the following: A region, common sets of language, and a general demographic of people. That is what I meant by vague and that Dracula fits since he is from Romania lore. That, and just like King Arthur, he does have his own lore filled with magic, storytelling, and characters. I personally see very little difference between King Arthur and Dracula in those respects. King Arthur is a fictional character within an expansive lore that is based off a book/books which based King Arthur around a certain person. Dracula is a fictional character within an expansive lore that is based off a book/books which based Dracula around a certain person. Bigfoot is a myth created for the easily gullible and not a whole lot more.

I also only brought up Zeus and Thor to mock the one guy who was being a tad bit rude, not trying to make a point with that comparison.

Also, how the hell have I not heard of this game? A gothic Japanese fighting game with vampires. I am honestly ashamed that I have never heard of this since it sounds so awesome.

(Keep in mind I am referencing Dracula from historical novels and lore. Please stop comparing him to more modern horror characters, it's not a fair comparison. There is some sort of bias against Dracula apparently because everyone I talk to says that he would be a good pick because (insert some sort of comparison to modern day horror character being added to smite), instead of saying King Arthur, or any other character of historical prominence. Guan Yu was an actual person by the way, not originally from lore.
    Last edited by leytonmonster; 06-07-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    SatansHousewife

Add Dracula into the game

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by covergirl925 View Post
    Dracula is a stupid idea. There are a lot of other ideas that suits better than lame ass Dracula. Might as put Jason, Freddy Kruger, and the girl from the Ring as charters! Oh wait there Izy she does resemble the Ring.

Well, you sure sound like a fun person to talk with. I would recommend that you don't treat Dracula as a thing from Hollywood for people to watch during the night to get a scare. The story of Dracula is over 500 years old now (Note, the story of Dracula, not the official publication from the 1800s) and honestly deserves more respect than you are giving it in my opinion. Honestly, it is very ignorant to simply chop up Dracula to be on the same level as Jason or Freddy. Though, since I don't want to just be disagreeing, would you mind throwing a few recommendations out for characters you want to see? Also, you didn't post why you thought Dracula was such a bad idea, you just made a few awful comparisons for Dracula, so you have a perfect opportunity to better explain your reasoning if you want.

It seems you have a bad impression of Dracula as a character, to be fair, Hollywood did make him boring as hell. As I said in my original post, Castlevania has a great representation of Dracula and it may help you understand my interest a bit more.
    Last edited by leytonmonster; 06-07-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    SatansHousewife

New Member Cupidhead covergirl925's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Dracula is super boring. What would his ult be? Grabs you in the coffin and molest you? Oh wait Baron kind of does that. OH let's have his ult be a big bat and sucks blood. Oh wait we have Camazotz. I'M SORRY BUT DRACULA AND THE CAST OF TWILIGHT HAS PAST. Vampire and Dracula are so boring and rather have new gods or other myths in the rooster. A lot of people were not happy with the Arthur Merlin realm so putting Dracula will just be even more lame.

Best you ride a unicorn or seek out the Loch Ness Monster and think of a better idea. And don't fucking put Frankenstein in your idea list! Next thing you'll more likely post that you want Ariel, Bell, Aladin, and Simba as fucking characters for Smite!
    Last edited by covergirl925; 06-07-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    XoX Covergirl
    DRACULA IS LAME AF
    Don't add Dracula to Smite!

Achievements:
    Dracula is super boring. What would his ult be? Grabs you in the coffin and molest you? Oh wait Baron kind of does that. OH let's have his ult be a big bat and sucks blood. Oh wait we have Camazotz. I'M SORRY BUT DRACULA AND THE CAST OF TWILIGHT HAS PAST. Vampire and Dracula are so boring and rather have new gods or other myths in the rooster. A lot of people were not happy with the Arthur Merlin realm so putting Dracula will just be even more lame.

Best you ride a unicorn or seek out the Loch Ness Monster and think of a better idea. And don't fucking put Frankenstein in your idea list! Next thing you'll more likely post that you want Ariel, Bell, Aladin, and Simba as fucking characters for Smite!
    Well, it seems you are more interested in trolling rather than talking, so I am just going to ignore you here on out.

Keep in mind though, that Dracula is just a fictional as Zeus, Hades, Thor, Hel, Susano, or Chernobog. You also still are comparing Dracula to modern day fictional characters which as I said is ignorant and ignores the historical relevance of Dracula as a character. You also clearly know nothing about what people use to consider vampires to be, which are more like beasts and monsters rather than the Twilight vampires you keep talking about, which are more humanoid than anything.

I shall say this in all caps so you may accidentally pay attention,

DRACULA IS A CHARACTER OF LORE JUST LIKE ANY OTHER GOD OR KING ARTHUR, I AM TALKING ABOUT HISTORICAL DRACULA, NOT THE HOLLYWOOD INTERPRETATION YOU SEEM TO DESPISE.

Also, its "lamer", not "more lame". If you are going to be an ass, then at least use proper grammar when doing so. I have checked your other posts and other than the fact that nobody likes you within these forums since you are very toxic, you constantly spell wrong and it really is frustrating.
    Last edited by leytonmonster; 06-07-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    SatansHousewife

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I wouldn't mind Dracula but also feel he isn't necessary. And I do agree with that camazots and some other Gods already has kits that would be very similar to what he would get and that makes it less interesting.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    I wouldn't mind Dracula but also feel he isn't necessary. And I do agree with that camazots and some other Gods already has kits that would be very similar to what he would get and that makes it less interesting.
    That's fair, there really isn't a reason to add him in, but I still think any more prominent character from pantheons or lore that at least some people could name would be better than the random god they chose from some obscure African religion, as cool as he is looking so far. As for the issue of abilities, Hi-rez has hardly had any issue with creating kits for people. They found a way to give a guy with no noticeable abilities from his lore (King Arthur) 8 abilities. At least with Dracula, you have the advantage of things like blood magic, which is something they haven't really explored yet.

Dracula within his original book in the 1890s did actually use blood magic.
    SatansHousewife

Banned Follower
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by leytonmonster View Post
    Well, it seems you are more interested in trolling rather than talking, so I am just going to ignore you here on out.

Keep in mind though, that Dracula is just a fictional as Zeus, Hades, Thor, Hel, Susano, or Chernobog. You also still are comparing Dracula to modern day fictional characters which as I said is ignorant and ignores the historical relevance of Dracula as a character. You also clearly know nothing about what people use to consider vampires to be, which are more like beasts and monsters rather than the Twilight vampires you keep talking about, which are more humanoid than anything.

DRACULA IS A CHARACTER OF LORE JUST LIKE ANY OTHER GOD OR KING ARTHUR, I AM TALKING ABOUT HISTORICAL DRACULA, NOT THE HOLLYWOOD INTERPRETATION YOU SEEM TO DESPISE.

Also, its "lamer", not "more lame". If you are going to be an ass, then at least use proper grammar when doing so. I have checked your other posts and other than the fact that nobody likes you within these forums since you are very toxic, you constantly spell wrong and it really is frustrating.
    Ohhhh no not another forum troll. If you don't agree with his/her ideas you'll be branded a troll. Hilarious af

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by STOPB4NNIN6ME View Post
    Ohhhh no not another forum troll. If you don't agree with his/her ideas you'll be branded a troll. Hilarious af
    Are you serious? He is neither understanding nor trying to understand what I am saying. He just insults the idea, and you know that.
    SatansHousewife

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!

I actually don't mind seeing Disney characters on Smite LOL but that will just turn into a kids game LOL.

Okay girl you post make me laugh LOL

Quote Originally Posted by leytonmonster View Post

Why do you keep comparing Dracula with the other characters FFS, those characters are inline with gods pantheon on their respected genre. Although Hercules was not a god by his story was surrounded by the Greek Gods so yes it's okay that he be added to the mix, but to compare that with Dracula is bit far fetch.

Unfortunately, Dracula is boring and is not exciting since he's more secondary since he's just categorized as a vampire because that's what the popular culture depicts him to be, not a sorcerer that does blood magic. If Smite put out Dracula and he used blood magic EVERYONE WILL BE WTF WHAT IS HE DOING? So in order for Dracula to work, they have to give him abilities that is understandable to the popular culture so sorry your idea doesn't stand much ground of winning. The only Dracula I see is by giving skins to the current roster and we already have Chang'e vampire already so let's make her the female Dracula and close this thread.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!