Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Why is Dracula not a character?

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Akfiz View Post
    I already dislike the idea of King Arthur and Merlin in the game.

Now Dracula... ?

What's next: Frankenstein, Inhotep, Big Foot?

This is supposed to be a game about fighting between gods.

They didn't ran out of gods, a few days ago I made a suggestion about the Dacian Pantheon.
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...on-Dacian-Gods

And that's not the only Pantehon that could potentially be added in the game.

In the eventuality that Dracula is accepted into the game, I guess they could make a Pantheon like "Vlach Legends" or something like that. Currently the Slavic Pantehon has only 1 god.

Dracula is based on a real life cruel Vlach ruler whose curelity made him a legend and then the legend became a book.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2YhD3mpDIZQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NA34EZACkWY
    Well that's what I stated in regards to in relation to history, but the person who originally posted the thread stated this:

"Well, "Slavic" has a lot of wiggle room so he could be put within there, but if that was not good enough, titanforge has plenty of characters that are alone in their lore, such as Pele and Baron. I don't know why you think the character must be Vlad the Impaler instead of just Dracula, I think it would work fine. I might be wrong on this, but I don't think Dracula as he was originally created was interpreted as literally Vladimir Tepes, he was his own thing based on a real-life figure.

Also, I beleive that Dracula in his original story was being hunted by Van Helsing, its been a while since I have read it so that may have been added later on. (I bring this up as possible characters)

Here is a link to a fairly entertaining video that I saw a long time ago that goes over the story of Dracula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fT0efeSIx4"

Quote Originally Posted by STOPB4NNIN6ME View Post
    I'd like Godzilla, Mothra and Power Rangers too.... possibly Sir Lancelot?

Sir Lancelot and Guinevere I see coming through the pipes with the Arthur pantheon for sure. However, I would like to see more Voodoo and Slavic gods. Lord Power Rangers came on Smite I'll so uninstall LOL.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Even without adding new pantheons, there's still a lot of unused gods in the ones we have already. Why not flesh out the Voodoo, Slavic and Celtic pantheons a bit before adding new ones?
    As for the "old" Pantheons there's still gods that haven't seen the light of day yet, Heimdallr, Baldr, Ran, Erebus, Moros, Achlys, Luna, Lares, Khnum, Hathor and Sekhmet to name a few.
    The point is that we're not even remotely close to run out of interesting gods to implement, so lets put the more ...um, creative... choices in the back of the line.
    Any typo or misspelling in the post above was done to emphasize my point and was therefore done on purpose, as such they will not be corrected.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Armaroz View Post
    Even without adding new pantheons, there's still a lot of unused gods in the ones we have already. Why not flesh out the Voodoo, Slavic and Celtic pantheons a bit before adding new ones?
    As for the "old" Pantheons there's still gods that haven't seen the light of day yet, Heimdallr, Baldr, Ran, Erebus, Moros, Achlys, Luna, Lares, Khnum, Hathor and Sekhmet to name a few.
    The point is that we're not even remotely close to run out of interesting gods to implement, so lets put the more ...um, creative... choices in the back of the line.
    OH Yes I totally agree. The options are limitless. OH and more Polynesian god/goddesses would be nice too.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Regarding creatures like cryptids, they do have roots in mithology. Bigofot/Sasquatch, Skunkape, Yellowtop, Yeti, Sisimite these bipedal hairy creatures were talked about by natives of their respective regions, most ancient cultures in each of these regions considered them mythological creatures, the same goes to other cryptids such as the Ness lake monster or mothman among others, but you only hear more about the most popular ones. There are dozens and dozens and they do have cultural and mithological roots.
    HOWEVER mithological creatures haven´t been a good option for playable characters in smite: golem is the seige minion in siege, the minotaur is the siege minion in arena, in conquest: the centaur holds the speed buff, the manticore holds the damage buff, the harpy is exp, satyr holds the mana buff, chimera holds the void buff. None of these will ever be playable although they are mythological. So skins are more likely just like how we are getting a mothman skin for AMC, Kumbhakarna has a yeti skin, I so would love to see a bigfoot skin for someone!

Back on topic, OP has solid arguments for Dracula, but the game takes the mythological root, Dracula himself is the creation of Bram Stoker, based on a real person: Vlad the third, prince of Wallachia. King Arthur and Merlin were legendary so I´m thinking this is the line Hirez follows: myth and legend as academically accepted in contrast with historical confirmed existence. It is more likely we would get to see a skin like Count Baron Samedi resembling Dracula himself. We could get , as playable, someone like Lamia or Mora, that would be more likely.

EDIT:For additional information regarding smite not using creatures as playable, notice how the characters that are playable creatures are only and only one in their lores, the only exception for this rule is the minotaur.
    And regarding Universal Studios monsters, US created an universe within the horror cinema category with their takes on monsters such as Frankenstein monster, the mummy, the werewolf, creature of the black lagoon among others. Some of these like the werewolf, the mummy and the creature of the black lagoon are based on mythological creatures, but again, mythological species haven´t been options for playable characters to Hirez
    Last edited by Chpk; 07-01-2019 at 12:20 AM.