Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Dracula not a character?

Junior Member Cupidhead leytonmonster's Avatar
    Wherever I have to be to get Dracula into smite
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!

Why is Dracula not a character?

I have been watching the show Castlevania on Netflix recently and it just hit me that we have King Arthur, Merlin, and Chernobog of the "Slavic" pantheon, yet there is no Dracula. Clearly, the focus on gods has been lessened seeing as King Arthur and Merlin are in the game, so why is it that Chernobog was the character of choice when thinking about eastern European lore and not Dracula. I feel they have a similar aesthetic and there is so much material to work with. I am sure Hi-rez/Titanforge games would have very little trouble making an epic Dracula.

So, I ask again, why is Dracula still not in Smite? I hear they are making some god based on a certain African lore, that in all respect, I think very few people are actually familiar with. Dracula is basically known by everyone, so the decision to make gods like the very next one (that being unknown) over literal legends of lore baffels me.

Anyhow, Dracula, definitely a great choice for a future smite character, hoping to hear others opinions if possible.

Junior Member Cupidhead DawnxBreaker's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Quote Originally Posted by leytonmonster View Post
    I have been watching the show Castlevania on Netflix recently and it just hit me that we have King Arthur, Merlin, and Chernobog of the "Slavic" pantheon, yet there is no Dracula. Clearly, the focus on gods has been lessened seeing as King Arthur and Merlin are in the game, so why is it that Chernobog was the character of choice when thinking about eastern European lore and not Dracula. I feel they have a similar aesthetic and there is so much material to work with. I am sure Hi-rez/Titanforge games would have very little trouble making an epic Dracula.

So, I ask again, why is Dracula still not in Smite? I hear they are making some god based on a certain African lore, that in all respect, I think very few people are actually familiar with. Dracula is basically known by everyone, so the decision to make gods like the very next one (that being unknown) over literal legends of lore baffels me.

Anyhow, Dracula, definitely a great choice for a future smite character, hoping to hear others opinions if possible.
    thats what I like to know too and why not Joan of Arc? I wouldn't mind having those two in game!

Achievements:
    Joan of Arc ain't a bad one. The only problem with her though is that she is more of an actual person with ties to the Christian faith and that is kind of a no-go when it comes to Hi-rez. Also, she would probably be too much like Bellona in style. That may be a reason why they haven't done Dracula either because Vladimir Tepes (The person Dracula is based on) was a Christian extremist.

Mega oofs
    SatansHousewife

Add Dracula into the game

Junior Member Cupidhead FireDrizzle's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Joan of Arc isnt mythical.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    If we put Dracula in the roster, what pantheon would he be from and what other characters can be from that same genre? I can only think of Dracula which could be Transylvania and the character be Vlad the Impaler which where the Dracula mythology came from.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Banned Follower
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Hell let's put Bigfoot too and the lochness monster while we're talking about dracula. Ohoh or the creature from the black lagoon too.sheeeesh

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by FireDrizzle View Post
    Joan of Arc isnt mythical.
    Yeah, we know, but Joan of Arc is a bit of a legend and I am sure there is some justification Joan of Arc being in a sort of mythos. Though, if you saw my reply to him, you know that I do agree with your reason for why she isn't the perfect candidate.

After doing some digging, Guan Yu was originally and actual general within a Chinese army, so now it seems more plausible for Joan of Arc.
    Last edited by leytonmonster; 06-07-2019 at 06:55 PM.
    SatansHousewife

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by STOPB4NNIN6ME View Post
    Hell let's put Bigfoot too and the lochness monster while we're talking about dracula. Ohoh or the creature from the black lagoon too.sheeeesh
    What? You didn't bother exlaining your logic at all so I do not really know what to say to you. Are you saying that Dracula is made up just like Bigfoot, therefore he shouldn't be considered? Well, I don't know how to tell you this, I hope you take it well, but Thor doesnt actually exist, and neither does Zues. Niether does really any character in smite for that matter.
    SatansHousewife

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    If we put Dracula in the roster, what pantheon would he be from and what other characters can be from that same genre? I can only think of Dracula which could be Transylvania and the character be Vlad the Impaler which where the Dracula mythology came from.
    Well, "Slavic" has a lot of wiggle room so he could be put within there, but if that was not good enough, titanforge has plenty of characters that are alone in their lore, such as Pele and Baron. I don't know why you think the character must be Vlad the Impaler instead of just Dracula, I think it would work fine. I might be wrong on this, but I don't think Dracula as he was originally created was interpreted as literally Vladimir Tepes, he was his own thing based on a real-life figure.

Also, I beleive that Dracula in his original story was being hunted by Van Helsing, its been a while since I have read it so that may have been added later on. (I bring this up as possible characters)

Here is a link to a fairly entertaining video that I saw a long time ago that goes over the story of Dracula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fT0efeSIx4
    SatansHousewife

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by STOPB4NNIN6ME View Post

Then it will just remind me of that Capcom fighting game Dark Stalkers LOL.

What? You didn't bother exlaining your logic at all so I do not really know what to say to you. Are you saying that Dracula is made up just like Bigfoot, therefore he shouldn't be considered? Well, I don't know how to tell you this, I hope you take it well, but Thor doesnt actually exist, and neither does Zues. Niether does really any character in smite for that matter.
    But they are pantheon gods which fits the genre of the game in comparison with Dracula.

Well, "Slavic" has a lot of wiggle room so he could be put within there, but if that was not good enough, titanforge has plenty of characters that are alone in their lore, such as Pele and Baron. I don't know why you think the character must be Vlad the Impaler instead of just Dracula, I think it would work fine. I might be wrong on this, but I don't think Dracula as he was originally created was interpreted as literally Vladimir Tepes, he was his own thing based on a real-life figure.

Also, I beleive that Dracula in his original story was being hunted by Van Helsing, its been a while since I have read it so that may have been added later on. (I bring this up as possible characters)

Here is a link to a fairly entertaining video that I saw a long time ago that goes over the story of Dracula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fT0efeSIx4
    Slavic should work, but they didn't have Dracula, they did however had vampires. Although Dracula is a vampire, I don't think he was relevant to Slavic Mythology.

TBH, I don't think they will ever put Dracula, Frankenstein, and all those types of monsters in this game. If they did, it would more likely be a Halloween skin.

I do have to agree with Stopbanningme, if we put Dracula then might as well put Blair Witch, Bride of Frankenstein, and the Pirates Kraken in the list and maybe call them the Monster Mash Pantheon LOL.

Last edited by Diamondrainn; 06-07-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!