Thread: Somethings gotta change (devs)

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran

Somethings gotta change (devs)

I know there are a ton of matchmaking rants and this is not one of them.

I've played Smite for years generally as a solo player. Clash, arena and joust.

I don't know if something changed in matchmaking but literally every game I play is against a 5 man stack or 2 and 3 man. Ect. My team is almost always a group of randos and it shows through lack of teamwork and usually God selection.

Something has got to change because this just isn't fair. No matter how well you play, it's almost impossible to win. You can't tell me there are 5 other random players to put me against.
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Why you think that the reason for your loss is based on the team being a premade? I've soled que many times and seen some premades and we still won. Granted premades do have a higher percentage winning due to them being able to communicate via mic, but you have that same option as a solo player as well. My other suggestion is group with your friends a lot of people group up because it's more fun wining or losing as a team than being alone.

In addition, solo que = you have a higher percentage to be grouped with trolls, noobs, and those that still play and have technical issues and they constantly disconnect. with that being said, that's the reason why most premades win most of the time.
    Last edited by Diamondrainn; 06-04-2019 at 04:53 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    You're 100% right. Often randoms have a bad team comp and don't cover or combo for each other.

Tanks chasing kills, troll builds, rage quiting- All effects which go along with solo q.

The point I have in the thread is that there are enough people playing the game that they can find 10 solo players to pit against each other.

I had a buddy who I played with often a year or so ago. He and I double qued and had ridiculous winning streaks.

New Member Cupidhead ArgonarAlfaran's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 369
    I can see where he is coming from.
    I'm mostly playing in a 2 man team and it still is a problem when you face a full team, even in Joust.

You'd think 1 person doesn't make such a difference, but yes it does. Some people are just uncarriable.
    And I'm not even talking about team composition or a bad player.

People will not group up for team fights, even after repeatedly being told to do it.
    They will not counter build, even if the enemy team only consist of one attack type.
    Even worse, often in those cases they will even buy armor of the wrong type, even for damage characters.
    Very often you get people that are not familiar with the god they have picked at all, even in ranked Joust.

But I think the problem is not premade teams but match making as a whole. Premade teams are just a workaround because you get to chose with whom you want to play. Even if all team members are just casually having fun.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Yup there's always that one loser LOL who kills it for the team. This is why I got fed up of solo ques. When I'm in game, I prefer to group with friends even if it's just 2 of us because it makes game life so much better and eases the frustrations when your encounter players that ruin it.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!